Author Topic: November 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34885 times)

davifus

Re: November 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #150 on: November 18, 2014, 06:16:31 pm »
So I bought a PS4 today. I spent $99.21 after tax.

Oh my gosh! I think I'd be so excited that I'd shake if that happened to me. You lucky person!

It's less "luck" and more "a lot of people screwed some Walmart employees out of their bonuses this year."

http://kotaku.com/people-are-scamming-walmart-with-bogus-cheap-ps4-listin-1660150939

Warning: Kotaku link. Basically someone created a low priced Amazon marketplace listing and lots of people used that to price match. Not cool.

Yeah, I read (Reddit) that Wal-mart employees will probably lose their bonuses for this incident. FYI things like stealing/damage/inventory profit not matching because of like this incident will result in negative effects to the workers esp. their bonuses. They didn't do anything wrong but follow their guideline but are going to get the short end of the stick.   
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

scott

« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2014, 06:21:48 pm »
Looks like I won't be playing DA: Inquisition anytime soon. It requires Win 7 64bit minimum... And I'm still on 32 bit Vista.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

davifus

« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2014, 06:23:53 pm »
Looks like I won't be playing DA: Inquisition anytime soon. It requires Win 7 64bit minimum... And I'm still on 32 bit Vista.

Wahhhh 32bit? annndd a Vista...

Wow

scott

« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2014, 06:32:46 pm »
Yes sir.

Not been a main PC gamer for years. But now I have been lately. No clue when I'll be able to afford upgrades.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

davifus

« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2014, 06:36:42 pm »
Yes sir.

Not been a main PC gamer for years. But now I have been lately. No clue when I'll be able to afford upgrades.

Atleast trash that garbage Vista OS and download XP or Window 7. You can pirate it if you want... arrgggghh matey.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 06:46:54 pm by davifus »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2014, 06:42:29 pm »

Oh my gosh! I think I'd be so excited that I'd shake if that happened to me. You lucky person!

It's less "luck" and more "a lot of people screwed some Walmart employees out of their bonuses this year."

http://kotaku.com/people-are-scamming-walmart-with-bogus-cheap-ps4-listin-1660150939

Warning: Kotaku link. Basically someone created a low priced Amazon marketplace listing and lots of people used that to price match. Not cool.

So we're shaming people for taking advantage of a perfectly legitimate deal? It's not their fault that Wal-Mart responds in such a way. Wal-Mart are the jerks for taking out of their employee's paychecks. It's not like Wal-Mart can't take the hit.

And how do you create an Amazon Marketplace listing? I thought you could only post items in an already created listing? I'd also hope that the price matching only applies to Amazon's own prices, and Wal-Mart wasn't stupid enough to include secondary market listings as a price match.

davifus

« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2014, 06:48:50 pm »

So we're shaming people for taking advantage of a perfectly legitimate deal? It's not their fault that Wal-Mart responds in such a way. Wal-Mart are the jerks for taking out of their employee's paychecks. It's not like Wal-Mart can't take the hit.

And how do you create an Amazon Marketplace listing? I thought you could only post items in an already created listing? I'd also hope that the price matching only applies to Amazon's own prices, and Wal-Mart wasn't stupid enough to include secondary market listings as a price match.

It wasn't directly their Paycheck but their bonuses. I also read someone brought in 100 box of Mac & Cheese and tried to Price match it from Amazon for 1cent each.

sin2beta

« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2014, 06:51:41 pm »

Not sure how legitimate it is. At least for the original person placing the fake Amazon ad. People are putting up fake ads on Amazon to price match with Wal-Mart. That's not legit. That is fraud at the very least. 

Now, if you stumbled across that ad and had no knowledge that it is a fake ad, but I'm not sure how many people can claim to that...
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2014, 06:59:54 pm »

Not sure how legitimate it is. At least for the original person placing the fake Amazon ad. People are putting up fake ads on Amazon to price match with Wal-Mart. That's not legit. That is fraud at the very least. 

Now, if you stumbled across that ad and had no knowledge that it is a fake ad, but I'm not sure how many people can claim to that...

I'm pretty sure Turf wasn't the guy on Kotaku. Well, I guess I don't know for sure...Turf, you got something you want to get off your chest?

But again, how do you create an all-new listing on Amazon? I didn't know that was possible.

sin2beta

« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2014, 07:05:50 pm »

I'm pretty sure Turf wasn't the guy on Kotaku. Well, I guess I don't know for sure...Turf, you got something you want to get off your chest?

But again, how do you create an all-new listing on Amazon? I didn't know that was possible.

Agreed on that. Didn't read that far back.

It's not hard. The company I work for started selling some stuff on Amazon. They mainly police stuff once it is up. Not before.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2014, 07:58:20 pm »
Yeah... Walmart brings in 405 billion a year. That's  $1,108,829,568.79 a day.

I doubt that the $310 loss on ~1000 PS4s takes anyone's bonus.

If anyone misses a bonus, it's because Walmart is being a dick, not me. I don't think they give anyone bonuses that isn't full time anyway. What percent of employees do you think are full time? 

We're basing this on a Kotaku article. They're known for they're investigative reporting.

I bought a cheap PS4 because I could. Didn't steal it. Didn't hold a gun to anyone's head. Just asked and they sold it.  The only thing I'm guilty of is being a cheap bastard that wouldn't have bought a PS4 at all if it wasn't cheap.

If you think I'm evil, I'm sorry. If it changes your opinion of me, lose my number.

*EDIT:  Just talked to a Walmart Store Manager. He thinks the losing bonus thing is silly. "That's like me taking $5000 from a billionaire."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 08:06:08 pm by turf »

« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2014, 08:06:45 pm »
Hopefully lightening up the mood here, this is what I picked up today:

foxhack

« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2014, 08:28:42 pm »

Wal-Mart can take the hit. It doesn't mean they will. I've worked at big box stores, the things regional and store managers do to fake a profit is disgusting. I never accused anyone here of creating the listing, or thinking someone was eeeeeeeeevil for buying the item at that price; but there are people out there that abused the hell out of it.

And it's easy to create listings for products at Amazon. I can create one for most items (and I've made some for import movies I've sold there) in five minutes, all you need is to create a seller account, which requires you to add a bank account. Most stores, like Best Buy, will tell you that they only price match the actual store's price, not third party listings (which this was); apparently Wal-Mart didn't have that in their price match rules, so someone created one with a fake price and boom. Apparently the seller also had a confusing name which added to the trouble.

*shrugs* I speak from experience after getting screwed over by managers time and time again. So yes, I worry about the employees.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 08:30:27 pm by foxhack »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2014, 08:35:51 pm »
Walmart included the words "Amazon Marketplace" in their announcement. They should have seen this coming.

karyann

« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2014, 09:59:35 pm »
*EDIT:  Just talked to a Walmart Store Manager. He thinks the losing bonus thing is silly. "That's like me taking $5000 from a billionaire."

Hah, I like that comparison. But it's really stupid if they take away people's bonus for going with their damn store policies. If you don't want something to be done, don't say that it can be done. They should have let the marketplace out of the policy.