Author Topic: November 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34998 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: November 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #270 on: November 28, 2014, 11:24:34 am »
finally starting a Vita collection with a PS Vita, 16 GB memory card ($20), Persona 4 Golden, and Gravity Rush also decided to get on PS4 Tomb Raider definitive edition for $20 just need to wait for it to be delivered now

what'd you get for the $20 - just the memory card?

I've been wondering if the PSTV's were going to phase out actual Vita sales...the way I see it - unless you're taking your gaming on the go a lot and/or if the games that you want to play aren't compatible with the PSTV, it doesn't seem to leave any reasons not to go with the PSTV; price-wise.

OLED or the newer & slimmer model?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #271 on: November 28, 2014, 11:52:30 am »
finally starting a Vita collection with a PS Vita, 16 GB memory card ($20), Persona 4 Golden, and Gravity Rush also decided to get on PS4 Tomb Raider definitive edition for $20 just need to wait for it to be delivered now

what'd you get for the $20 - just the memory card?

I've been wondering if the PSTV's were going to phase out actual Vita sales...the way I see it - unless you're taking your gaming on the go a lot and/or if the games that you want to play aren't compatible with the PSTV, it doesn't seem to leave any reasons not to go with the PSTV; price-wise.

OLED or the newer & slimmer model?

Slim for $160 and honestly I just like having the option of not having to be near a tv. Not to mention I think the playstation TV should have just been more of an add-on for the PS4 kind of like the gameboy player as opposed to a stand alone console. And the Wii U has made me really appreciate remote play so I see that as a plus.

The memory card was 20.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 12:01:07 pm by redblaze57 »

« Reply #272 on: November 28, 2014, 12:47:12 pm »
I may go out again later, but so far this has been a pretty low key Black Friday.

Picked up Elder Scrolls Anthology last night at Best Buy for $15, and then hopped over to Gamestop an did their buy two, get one deal on used stuff. I'm going out again, but I doubt I'll get anything else in terms of Black Friday deals.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #273 on: November 28, 2014, 02:21:18 pm »
A guy from another forum just PM me this.....

In honor of you finally getting your ps4...
I have Wolfenstein (awesome) and BF4 that I dont play anymore.

They are yours if you want them.

4 games coming in and all were free ! (since I got a bundle deal)
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

karyann

« Reply #274 on: November 28, 2014, 03:38:25 pm »
I may go out again later, but so far this has been a pretty low key Black Friday.

Picked up Elder Scrolls Anthology last night at Best Buy for $15, and then hopped over to Gamestop an did their buy two, get one deal on used stuff. I'm going out again, but I doubt I'll get anything else in terms of Black Friday deals.

Nothing earth-shattering around here either. I finally bought Zelda A Link Between Worlds though, since it was just $25, but that's pretty much it.

foxhack

« Reply #275 on: November 28, 2014, 04:07:58 pm »
I almost bought CSI: Fatal Conspiracy (PC) at my US hometown's Gamestop, but the game was pennied out, and the manager wouldn't sell me the game. He said "we don't have the disc anymore" which I'm pretty sure was pure bullshit. :(

devancowan

« Reply #276 on: November 28, 2014, 07:11:47 pm »
I couldn't resist myself and picked up the collections edition of Persona Q for the 3DS for Amazon... :-\
To many things to play as of recent!

Warmsignal

« Reply #277 on: November 28, 2014, 07:11:52 pm »
So I grabbed the only copy of Tales of Xillia 2 at GS for the $20. :D

devancowan

« Reply #278 on: November 28, 2014, 07:23:08 pm »
So I grabbed the only copy of Tales of Xillia 2 at GS for the $20. :D

Nice pick up! 20 dollars is a good price!

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #279 on: November 29, 2014, 01:37:57 am »
Genesis:
Cyborg Justice*
Landstalker
Lost Vikings*

PlayStation 2:
Ring Of Red*

PC:
Dragon Age: Inquisition

*These games were bought this month but will arrive either tomorrow or early December.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

argyle

« Reply #280 on: November 29, 2014, 05:30:09 am »
I grabbed some really cheap used games Weds, I'll have to go through those later & post them here.

Not a whole lot from BF - a few cheap games & a couple of movies, guess that was about it. I *thought* I had grabbed a pair of the Gold wireless headsets for the PS4 for $40 but when I got home I noticed they were the older PS3 ones that won't work on the 4. :( Apparently Target has them both under the same item # for some reason, so if your store had the Gold ones they were on sale for the same price - either mine didn't or they sold out. When I returned them last night I picked up new copies of Deadpool and Dirt 3 for the PS3 for $10/each. That's a really good price on both of those, so I was happy with that.

Was disappointed some more last gen games weren't on sale, especially some released earlier this year such as Lightning Returns, Deception IV, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Amazon typically runs a LOT more games on lightning deals and they often do games like that that other retailers don't bother with.  Oh well - maybe Monday?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #281 on: November 29, 2014, 01:23:13 pm »
Genesis:
Cyborg Justice*
Landstalker
Lost Vikings*

PlayStation 2:
Ring Of Red*

PC:
Dragon Age: Inquisition

*These games were bought this month but will arrive either tomorrow or early December.

Nevermind that last post if you saw it, I totally mixed up Landstalker with Beyond Oasis in my head. Instances like this are why I think we should still have the ability to delete our own posts.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #282 on: November 29, 2014, 04:47:52 pm »
While I do not typically support "Black Thursday/Friday" as such. I am a huge fan of Small Business Saturday.

Stopped by my favorite mom and pop shop: 8-Bit Gamers today for their 25% off sale and picked up some wishlist stuff and some stuff Turfs recent NES videos reminded me I wanted... Here goes:

NES (thanks for the reminder about these two Turf!)
Hudson's Adventure Island
Hudson's Adventure Island 2 (He actually gave me this in exchange for the Ranma 1/2 I bought a few days ago that neither of us realized was a bootleg)

SNES
SHAQ-FU (for $2 I'm willing to see for myself if this game is as bad as folks say it is)
Konami Justifier ($1)

GBC
Lego Stunt Rally
Tetris DX

GBA
Sonic Advance 1
Sonic Advance 3
Lego Drome Racers

DS
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (I had no idea this game even existed until today)

Playstation
Game Shark Lite with disc, manual, and serial port device

Playstation 2
The Bouncer (CIB)
Final Fantasy XII: Collectors Edition (CIB)

Playstation 3
Tomb Raider steel book edition

XBOX
Controller ($1)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 04:50:30 pm by dashv »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #283 on: November 29, 2014, 04:55:21 pm »
Awesome Adventure Island pickups!  Those are a couple of fantastic games. Hope my love of them doesn't lead you astray.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #284 on: November 29, 2014, 05:02:00 pm »
Awesome Adventure Island pickups!  Those are a couple of fantastic games. Hope my love of them doesn't lead you astray.

For the $14 those games cost me, I'll forgive you if it does. :)