Author Topic: Secret Santa VGCollect 2014  (Read 48863 times)

soera

Secret Santa VGCollect 2014
« on: November 04, 2014, 09:28:07 am »
Its that time boys and girls. Im going to run this like I did last year. :) Im putting up the thread 11/4 and there will be a week to sign up. After that, Ill send out messages to who has who and you have 3 weeks to find a gift and get that sucka in the mail. In order to participate, you have to be a member before today's date or be verified by someone who is a legit veteran here. The spending limit is about $30 and shipping should be considered. Overseas is welcome to join but, after last year's issue, please be expecting a long shipping/receiving time. Wish list can be entirely gaming or mixed or whatever. Once you add your name here, PM me your wish list so that its ready when the cutoff time is done ... and with that, lets begin!
*Since it was brought up* When you email the wishlist, put in your address and whichever name you want it addressed to.

1. Soera - Address and wishlist ready - Package mailed - Package received
2. Cstorm - Address and wishlist ready - Package mailed - Package received
3. Scott - Address and wishlist ready - Package mailed - Package received
4. Turf - Address and wishlist ready - Package mailed - Package received
5. Disgaeniac - Address and wishlist ready - Package mailed - Package received
6. Tpugmire - Address and wishlist ready - Package mailed - Package received
7. Dashv - Address and wishlist ready - Package mailed - Package received
8. Koemo1 - Address and wishlist ready - Package mailed - Package received
9. Redblaze57 - Address and wishlist ready - Package mailed - Package received
10. Foxhack - Address and wishlist ready - Package mailed - Package received
11. Desocietas - Address and wishlist ready - Package mailed - Package received
12. Argyle - Address and wishlist ready - Package mailed - Package received
13. Pacpix - Address and wishlist ready - Package mailed - Package received
14. Naicigam - Address and wishlist ready - Package mailed - Package received
15. Kashell - Address and wishlist ready - Package mailed - Package received
16. Doctorlaudanum - Address and wishlist ready - Package mailed - Package received
17. Matt - Address and wishlist ready - Package mailed - Package received

Pair ups are done! You got 3 weeks (updated from 2) to get your gift into the mail. Please PM me once your gift is mailed and the tracking info.

All right, VGCollect, this is another 100% completed SS thread. Hope you guys had a good holiday!!!!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:45:20 pm by soera »

Re: Secret Santa VGCollect 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 09:33:43 am »
2. cstorm

I'm relatively new here, but this sounds really awesome! I'd love to participate!

scott

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 10:10:30 am »
I'm in
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

davifus

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 10:12:16 am »
Before I PM

I just wanted to know if I understood how this Secret Santa is working
>We PM
>We make our list of Game/Etc that would cost someone roughfully around $30 w/t shipping. (is there limit on how many things we put on the list? More option means easier for the other person to find a good deal on it?)
>We are given another person wish list and we have 2 weeks to purchase this "item" regardless if its new or not.
>We ship it to their address or do we send it to one person and the one person ships it out to everyone else?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 10:19:40 am »
Before I PM

>We PM
>We make our list of Game/Etc that would cost someone roughfully around $30 w/t shipping. (is there limit on how many things we put on the list? More option means easier for the other person to find a good deal on it?)
>We are given another person wish list and we have 2 weeks to purchase this "item" regardless if its new or not.
>We ship it to their address or do we send it to one person and the one person ships it out to everyone else?

That's pretty much it.  You give a gift and get a gift.  It's fun. 

Sign me up.  I like giving stuff.

soera

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 10:54:28 am »
Before I PM

>We PM Yes
>We make our list of Game/Etc that would cost someone roughly around $30 w/t shipping. (is there limit on how many things we put on the list? More option means easier for the other person to find a good deal on it?) There is no limit on how many items you can ask for.
>We are given another person wish list and we have 2 weeks to purchase this "item" regardless if its new or not. Yep. Once the sign up time has expired, I will pick people (not necessarily paired up ... you most likely will not be shipping to the same person that ships to you) and I will email the selected person's wish list to you.
>We ship it to their address or do we send it to one person and the one person ships it out to everyone else? You will get the other person's name (or avatar name, whichever they prefer) and their address. I dont want to be paying for all the shipping for everyone!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 11:00:57 am »
I'm in again.

It doesn't have to be strictly wishlist items though, davifus...if it did, no one would be surprised by their gifts  ;)

The majority of us know each other's tastes well enough to be able to pretty safely surprise them w/ something that they'll like  ;D

I'm about to empty my wishlist AND, I won't be buying my gift off of someone else's either  8)

Down w/ predictability!

Up w/ surprise!

PM coming soon, Brad
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

tpugmire

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 11:37:19 am »
I'm in again. Also, to make it easier on everyone, when you make up your wish list, try to include a couple of things currently available at retail. Some folks are pretty busy and don't have time to hunt all over.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

kashell

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 11:48:33 am »
So, we need to spend at least 30 dollars on the person? Or can it be less/more depending on the gift?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 11:56:17 am »
So, we need to spend at least 30 dollars on the person? Or can it be less/more depending on the gift?

give or take

~$30's a benchmark to prevent you from sending me a $30 gift...and receiving a $5 gift fom me in return  :o

spender can spend as much as they like *but* everyone should be receiving (minimal) gifts of equal amounts  ;)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 12:02:29 pm »
Count me in.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 12:29:32 pm »
Im in but i can only send PAL games, is that an issue?
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 12:53:21 pm »
Of course I'm in. I'll send a PM when I get home.

foxhack

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 01:12:13 pm »

It might be.

The last time we did this we tried to keep it to North America only due to high shipping costs. Some of us can't afford to ship stuff out of the US - even to Canada. Stupid USPS. -_-

And in I guess.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 01:16:47 pm »

It might be.

The last time we did this we tried to keep it to North America only due to high shipping costs. Some of us can't afford to ship stuff out of the US - even to Canada. Stupid USPS. -_-

True, but - we might have enough Canadian & European users to pair up w/ each other now; no?