Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 48013 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: amiibo
« Reply #300 on: May 27, 2015, 01:36:21 pm »
Anyone wanna buy a truck load of amiibos? PM me  ;D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #301 on: May 27, 2015, 01:42:59 pm »
I need one for the low, low price of $FREE.99

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #302 on: May 27, 2015, 02:13:00 pm »
Nice to find some others amiibo collectors! ..Or ex-collectors for those who quit.

I like to take pics of those cute figures ;D

I'm looking forward to the June wave and once again this won't be easy to get them all I'm afraid.
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

argyle

« Reply #303 on: May 28, 2015, 12:54:17 pm »
I came close to selling some of mine a couple of times, but finally decided that the truth is I *like* the figures, I just dislike the way Nintendo has been handling them. But I'm not going to let that ruin the enjoyment I get from the figures.

Anyway, my GS manager friend called me yesterday asking if I wanted any of wave 4. Apparently GS stores have them in stock now but can't sell them until tomorrow. He told me he had Ness, Silver Mario, Wario, Charizard, Pac-Man & the Splatoon pack. He let me swing by yesterday & buy a gift card for the ones I wanted (Silver Mario, Ness & Pac-Man) and he's going to ring them through tomorrow morning. Very cool of him. :) 

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #304 on: May 28, 2015, 06:44:04 pm »
I have a friend who is hooking me up with the 6 non-exclusive ones, and I'm going to swing by a Super Target off the beaten path to see if I can grab Jigglypuff. I'm SOL in regards to Greninja (sounds like most people are), but will see if someone will trade one for some of the doubles I have (Rosalina, Shulk, and Lucario).

« Reply #305 on: May 28, 2015, 09:46:15 pm »
I'm just focusing on the ones I really want, of which I'm hoping to get the Splatoon 3 pack tomorrow as the GS I go to said they should have a couple for first come first serve.  I hate having to get there before the store opens for this shit, but it's the only way to guarantee I get the ones I want.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #306 on: May 29, 2015, 10:40:39 am »
I'm about to go so I can get Wario and Metal Mario.  I'm an addict

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #307 on: May 29, 2015, 11:04:09 am »

The only ones I want are Link. I think Dash has one.... Might need to sweet talk him. ;)
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

argyle

« Reply #308 on: May 29, 2015, 11:09:09 am »
Stepped across the street from my office for a min to see what that GS had. Was first in line (I think a couple more people showed up after me) but they didn't have much anyway. Was hoping to at least score an extra Ness to use to trade for one of the other exclusives, but they had none.  Left with their only Wario.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #309 on: May 29, 2015, 12:30:04 pm »

The only ones I want are Link. I think Dash has one.... Might need to sweet talk him. ;)

Well, I got those two; and I grabbed a Charizard, because "why not?"

soera

« Reply #310 on: May 29, 2015, 01:15:54 pm »
Got shafted ... again. Stood in line at Target (was first one there 2 hours before opening). All they had was Jigglypuff. So I sped to Toys R Us to find 15 or so people in line (first guy got there at 4am). They eventually came out with tickets. I got one for Greninja and Robin since Lucina was already gone. Went to pick them up and somehow they overprinted tickets ... like wtf? So I didnt get Robin either. Im frustrated as fuck with these Amiibo. All I want is the ones for the games I like. I can find the ones I dont care about sadly. :\

bobster

« Reply #311 on: May 29, 2015, 01:20:26 pm »
Not sure if anyone else got this, but I received an email from Amazon yesterday. I'm hoping to score a couple from this.

Thank you for your interest in ordering the new amiibo figures from Amazon.com! Quantities of the new characters are extremely limited, so we'd like to ensure that as many customers as possible have the opportunity to get the new figures!

Throughout the afternoon of Friday, May 29, we'll be posting each Wave 4 amiibo figure individually within the following time windows. Each will become available for purchase at a random time during that time frame. Mark your calendars for the following times this Friday!

Pac-Man: 2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. PT
Charizard: 2:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. PT
Inkling Boy: 3:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. PT
Lucina: 3:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. PT
Wario: 4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. PT
Inkling Girl: 4:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. PT
Silver Mario: 5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. PT
Robin: 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. PT
Inkling Boy, Girl, and Squid 3-pack: 6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. PT

We're limiting each amiibo figure to 1 per customer, and we'll be disabling 1-Click Ordering. Additionally, it'd be helpful to make sure you've updated your credit card and shipping information to help you move quickly through the checkout process.

We've seen a tremendous amount of interest for the latest wave of amiibo figures and we're always working with Nintendo to get our hands on more. While we cannot guarantee that every customer who wants an amiibo will be able to purchase one when they become available on May 29th, we are doing our best to make sure customers have an opportunity to purchase their favorite characters!

We thank you for your continued support and loyalty over the years.

~Amazon.com Video Games
Currently Playing: The Witcher

soera

« Reply #312 on: May 29, 2015, 02:10:41 pm »
Robin and Lucina are the times Im at work. :(

Is anyone able to hook my sad ass up with those two?

bobster

« Reply #313 on: May 29, 2015, 02:17:37 pm »

Well it's one per customer so sadly I can't  :(
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #314 on: May 29, 2015, 02:32:41 pm »

Well it's one per customer so sadly I can't  :(

And it will be a miracle if you can get your order in for that. I'm gonna try too, but I'm not getting my hopes up. ;)

On the bright side, my buddy scored me a Jigglypuff, so the only exclusive I'm missing is Greninja.