Author Topic: Christmas Loot 2014  (Read 10185 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Christmas Loot 2014
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2014, 11:15:12 am »
That Turtle Van!  It's so awesome! 

abe

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2014, 06:14:26 pm »
I got a Grand Theft Auto V PS4 bundle that came with GTA V, The Last of Us Remastered, and Far Cry 4. ;D I also got Freedom Wars for the PS Vita which is pretty fun. :) Now I need to wait for Sony to fix the PSN so I can start downloading some of the games that came with the PS4. :( Thankfully, the copy of GTA V it came with is physical, so I can play that in the meantime.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2014, 06:40:52 pm »
I got a Grand Theft Auto V PS4 bundle that came with GTA V, The Last of Us Remastered, and Far Cry 4. ;D I also got Freedom Wars for the PS Vita which is pretty fun. :) Now I need to wait for Sony to fix the PSN so I can start downloading some of the games that came with the PS4. :( Thankfully, the copy of GTA V it came with is physical, so I can play that in the meantime.

Man. It's still down?

abe

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2014, 08:44:40 pm »

Man. It's still down?

Yep, it's still down. :'( I've been checking every couple hours hoping that it's been fixed.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2014, 10:17:37 pm »
It's been a while since I was last on this site, mainly because I didn't buy a video game for the whole month of December. So here is what I got for Christmas 2014.

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS3)
WWE 2k15 (Xbox  360)
Wii U Mario Kart 8 Bundle with Nintendoland
LEGO Movie Video Game (Wii U)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Wii U)
$50 for Steam, PSN, and eShop

I'm set for a while, lol.

« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2014, 10:44:42 pm »
My Xmas present from my wife arrives monday. Can't wait to see what I got. 

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2014, 11:40:00 pm »
Ended up getting one last XMAS present that had arrived late in the mail. GF got me Front Mission 3 on the PS1. Have wanted this one for a long time.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2014, 12:05:33 am »
It's been a while since I was last on this site, mainly because I didn't buy a video game for the whole month of December. So here is what I got for Christmas 2014.

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS3)
WWE 2k15 (Xbox  360)
Wii U Mario Kart 8 Bundle with Nintendoland
LEGO Movie Video Game (Wii U)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Wii U)
$50 for Steam, PSN, and eShop

I'm set for a while, lol.

Nice haul! My son so far has been so obsessed with Minecraft I was able to get away with no Little Big Planet 3. :) Next Christmas!

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2014, 12:11:47 am »
got a fisheye lens too!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2014, 05:00:12 pm »
So I have to report:

-A Disney Pinnochio puzzle. (But it's actually pretty cool looking because it's hand-painted by Thomas Kinkade.)
-Spider-Man & Venom salt & pepper shakers (seriously)
-Sliders: Season 5 (the only season I still needed! Freaking love this show!)
-House of the Dead: Overkill (Wii)
-Ultimate NES Remix (3DS)
-$15 Target Gift Card
-$140 Cash

I already used the gift-card and some of that cash to get a much needed new jacket.

I'm still going to the in-laws house tomorrow. So I'll have something else from them, most likely.

And I have our first baby girl coming the day after Christmas, Chloe. My wife is getting induced tomorrow night.

I got quite a bit more cash from friends and relatives for Christmas since this post (I'm assuming because we just had our first baby). Plenty to put in the bank and spend some. So here's some stuff I got with some of it:

-Avengers Assemble vol. 5 - The Ultron Saga (Marvel Comics TPB)
-Crisis on Multiple Earths vol. 4 (DC Comics TPB)
-Crisis on Multiple Earths: Team-Ups (DC Comics TPB)
-Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (DS)
-Final Fight 2 (SNES)
-High Speed (NES)
-Metal Slug 7 (DS)
-Strikers 1945 (PS1)
-Tales of Symphonia (GameCube)
-Thanos: Redemption (Marvel Comics TPB)
-TNA Wrestling's Greatest Moments DVD (2010 Edition)
-Wild Arms (PS1)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2014, 07:46:25 am »
If you've got a few minutes, I did a video showing off what I added to the horde over Christmas.

In case you're wondering; I think I'm a narcissistic asshole, who likes the sound of his own voice too.

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2014, 01:24:43 pm »
I got a PS4. Knack. Extra controller and more unknown games in the mail.

desocietas

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2014, 08:14:28 pm »
Finally have a chance to sit down to write up this post :P

My awesome VGC SS got me:
- Pandora's Tower (Wii)
- Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (DS)
- a sweet lanyard
- two Legend of Zelda danglers that work *beautifully* on our 3 ft tall Christmas tree!  I think we might continue to collect ornaments like these for our tree as the years go on  ;D

The bf got me Akiba's Trip (PS4) and a Playstation TV, which I'm loving.  I went out the next day to pick up Freedom Wars and have been streaming a bit of that, and he's been enjoying streaming his Vita copy of FF X HD as well.

Another friend snuck in a last-minute gift of the Breath of Fire artbook - it looks great, and I can't wait to play that series.

To summarize the other stuff, I've gotten:

Steam:
- Tales from the Borderlands
- King's Bounty: Crossworlds
- Octodad: Dadliest Catch
- Never Alone
- The Walking Dead: Season 2
- LEGO Batman
- LEGO Batman 2
- Gauntlet
- Child of Light
- South Park: The Stick of Truth + DLC

Other:
- $100 Amazon giftcard

All in all, an amazing haul, and I can't believe how lucky I am to have such great folks in my life!  Thanks, VGC; I hope you all had a great holiday as well!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

amauriel

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2015, 01:53:59 pm »
This was the year of board games for me, it seems. I got Coup, Love Letter, Suburbia, Kemet, Atlantis Rising, Jamaica, Tokaido, and Harry Potter Clue (I collect Clue games and I believe this one will put me at 20).

On the gaming front, my aunt gave me Hakuoki: Memories of Shinsengumi for the 3DS and the parents gave me Smash Bros. 3DS and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team.

Ronalopolis got me the super large Harvest Moon plush set (Dog, Cow, Chicken w/ Chick, and a Panda for some reason) and the Link Figma and a King Mickey toy. He got me Fantasy Life after I had told him about 100 times that I wanted it badly (yay Level-5) but that I just did not have the time for it. I'm about 20 hours in.  ;D

Then, to top all that off, he got me Revelations: The Demon Slayer for the GBC and Revelations: Persona for the PS1. I need to get the original release of Devil Survivor for the DS (I have the 3DS Overclocked) and I need to get a NA version of Jack Bros. for the Virtual Boy (I have the JPN release) and I will have every single Shin Megami Tensei game and spin-off ever released in the NA market. (Until Break Record, Dancing All Night, and Persona 5 get released, that is.)
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2015, 01:45:48 am »
XMAS give to me: AV Famicom