Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514065 times)

soera

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1290 on: June 06, 2014, 02:45:53 am »
Have you played/beaten Bravely Default, Ni no Kuni, or DQ VIII yet? Those are my top 3 choices for JRPGs atm. I want to give Symphonia a try soon myself but with my current work schedule, kids out of school for the summer and my backlog crammed full, its going to be a little while. I havent had a chance to turn on Witch and the hundred knight or Guided fate paradox in days.

argyle

« Reply #1291 on: June 06, 2014, 06:24:09 am »
Played & finished NNK & DQ8 back when they first came out, both incredible games (platinum'd NNK).  Looking for a console RPG, so BD is out (I have it, but haven't finished it yet, but I don't play portable stuff at home).  There is one more possibility I'm considering, and that's The Last Story.  Guess I'll decide this weekend. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1292 on: June 11, 2014, 01:41:04 pm »
Kirby's Dreamland 2 for gbc. It's getting me through my flight back home.

90snostalga

« Reply #1293 on: June 12, 2014, 03:59:10 am »
Time to catch up on the Mario Kart and Zelda franchises'.  A Link to the Past and Super Mario Kart is next!   :)   As far as Mario Kart, I'm going to go through every course in every cup to get number 1.

« Reply #1294 on: June 12, 2014, 04:28:25 am »
Have you played/beaten Bravely Default, Ni no Kuni, or DQ VIII yet? Those are my top 3 choices for JRPGs atm. I want to give Symphonia a try soon myself but with my current work schedule, kids out of school for the summer and my backlog crammed full, its going to be a little while. I havent had a chance to turn on Witch and the hundred knight or Guided fate paradox in days.

I need to play Ni No Kuni myself.  Had it since last year when I grabbed it on a good sale at Gamestop and just never popped it in lol

argyle

« Reply #1295 on: June 12, 2014, 07:44:06 am »

I need to play Ni No Kuni myself.  Had it since last year when I grabbed it on a good sale at Gamestop and just never popped it in lol

Amazing game.  I was hoping Level 5 would announce their PS4 project at E3, but they may be saving that for TGS.

I guess it's obvious from my sig, but I settled on playing Fallout 3.  I finished New Vegas & loved it, but never have played through F3 for whatever reason.  Really enjoying it so far, it was definitely what I was in the mood to play.  :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1296 on: June 12, 2014, 09:00:27 am »

Amazing game.  I was hoping Level 5 would announce their PS4 project at E3, but they may be saving that for TGS.

I guess it's obvious from my sig, but I settled on playing Fallout 3.  I finished New Vegas & loved it, but never have played through F3 for whatever reason.  Really enjoying it so far, it was definitely what I was in the mood to play.  :)

GotY version?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1297 on: June 12, 2014, 09:31:30 am »
Mario Kart 8.  I'm playing Mario Kart 8.  I just started on the 150cc Class this morning before work.  I have all the characters unlocked.
One thing I wish that had been included on this game is the timer during the Grand Prix mode.  I like to know what my best lap was or if I'm kicking as much ass as I think I am.  8)

argyle

« Reply #1298 on: June 12, 2014, 09:46:24 am »

GotY version?

Yep - snagged a really good deal on the GOTY version new a couple months ago.  Around $10 at the time I think, from Amazon.

...hrm.  That's weird.  I'm not seeing either Fallout game in my collection, and I could swear I put them in.  ???

« Reply #1299 on: June 14, 2014, 09:33:39 am »
First time poster here and lurking for a while. Love this website, so many like-minded people to myself.

Anyway, I've been completely immersed Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, and play SSX, and MLB 14: The Show on the side.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1300 on: June 14, 2014, 09:50:30 am »
First time poster here and lurking for a while. Love this website, so many like-minded people to myself.

Anyway, I've been completely immersed Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, and play SSX, and MLB 14: The Show on the side.
Welcome to VGC...

...We've been waiting for you!  ;D

bobster

« Reply #1301 on: June 14, 2014, 11:03:42 am »

Welcome to VGC...

So creepy...  :P
Currently Playing: The Witcher

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1302 on: June 14, 2014, 11:09:37 am »

Welcome to VGC...

So creepy...  :P

:o

abe

« Reply #1303 on: June 14, 2014, 12:21:28 pm »
I'm really enjoying the goofy sense of humor in Demon Gaze and Hyperdimension Neptunia PP. I was expecting it from a Neptunia game, but Demon Gaze was a nice surprise.  :P

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #1304 on: June 15, 2014, 07:42:39 pm »
I've started playing some Retro Game Challenge and Mega Man ZX as my portable games.  RGC is fun so far, and I love the premise for it.  Not sure if the challenges will get past my abilities at some point, but if so I'll enjoy it until then.  ;) 

I'm really digging Mega Man ZX.  It has a great mix of old-school gameplay with newer trends such as missions, explorable environments and save points.  :)