Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 512354 times)

scott

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2012, 05:19:38 am »
@darko they had both of them brand new for less than 20 a piece on Amazon. Figured it was a good deal.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2012, 07:20:59 pm »
Just had a nice Dance Central 2 session

scott

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2012, 07:24:31 pm »
I finally sat down with Dragon Quest IX... I've owned it since launch, but didn't give it more than an hour when I first got it... thanks to things like WoW addiction. Really enjoying it so far, though I wish your party members weren't user created. I like having party members who are actually involved in the story.

amauriel

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2012, 11:27:42 pm »
I maybe should make my own thread for this...but I've gotten on the Skylanders bandwagon...and I'm having a BLAST! The voice for the main baddie in the console version is the guy that did Invader Zim, and the voice isn't disguised AT ALL. Then I also picked up the 3DS version when Target had it on sale and have really enjoyed that too.

Only problem I'm seeing is I've dropped almost $200 so far in everything (some was bought with gift cards and stuff, so I'm not personally out that much) and I've still got two of the "Adventure Packs" to get and 3 more 3-packs to get them all...so another $100 to finish.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jcalder8

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2012, 06:09:43 am »
@amauriel my wife picked me up the starter pack for the 360 before Christmas and I loved it. I think I have maxed out 8-10 of the ones that I have.

She went out and dropped almost 150 to get all the ones that we didn't have plus the adventure packs. Now that they have released the next set we are having a hard time even finding them. By the time we "catch them all" I will guess we will be in for about 300.

But at least the figures are well done.

madmax

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2012, 08:12:22 am »
my classmates invited me to play a league of legends game with them. its OK, quite fun. I think the best part is hearing them talk smack over Skype while we play :p I usually die cause I'm laughing too much

amauriel

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2012, 10:42:27 am »
@jcalder8: We've had a really hard time finding them too! I bought the game right after Christmas (gift cards) and I was through the first several areas before I even got an Air type in my collection. Also not gonna lie...part of the reason I got the 3DS version was for Stealth Elf (needed a Life type!).

Activision sometimes has a stroke of genius moment that pays off. This is one of those.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

foxhack

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2012, 11:55:00 am »
Well I fished out Resident Evil remake for the Gamecube and I've been playing it for a bit. I'm still not happy about how tough zombies are all of a sudden. I remember being able to down a zombie in the original PS1 version with five shots... now it takes eight to ten.

But I am enjoying the new additions. I played the original about fourteen years ago, so...

jcalder8

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2012, 06:20:13 pm »
@amauriel
http://www.skylanders.com/giants just in case you haven't seen it yet.... I better start saving now lol

tpugmire

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2012, 08:38:57 am »
I just finished Skyward Sword.  On to the next game I got for christmas, Lego Star Wars III.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

darko

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2012, 11:09:02 am »
I started up Final Fantasy V on the GBA a few nights ago and I've been pretty impressed. Might actually finish this one :)

scott

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2012, 11:10:44 am »
@darko I enjoyed FFV on PS1 I'd say its in my top 5 FF games thanks to the job system.

jcalder8

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2012, 02:35:35 pm »
@tpugmire I was really disappointed with Lego Star Wars 3. It seemed to lose the charm of the first 2

scott

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2012, 06:46:40 am »
I've been on a HUGE Metroid kick over the last week. I'm actually playing through Metroid II right now and closer to the end than I've ever been... and it's one of my original Game Boy games.... >_<

darko

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2012, 06:50:37 am »
I played through Mega Man II last night. First time I've actually sat down and played a Mega Man game on the NES in years. Holy shit that music is badass. I've heard it before but I never really appreciated it until last night.