Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514204 times)

telekill

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #4500 on: December 31, 2021, 08:46:22 am »
I'm still about half way into Mass Effect 3... trying to do all the missions. I never got the DLC on my PS3 copy so it's nice to have new content to play through.

I've also started up Guardians of the Galaxy (PS5). Guardians is actually turning out to be quite good. I honestly didn't think they could capture the banter between the team for an entire game length but so far (having reached chapter 4) they've done a good job of it. The gameplay (combat, traversing, etc.) is decent and the graphics are good.

« Reply #4501 on: January 01, 2022, 06:00:53 pm »
Since I beat Skyward Sword, I thought I'd start the year with Link's Awakening.  I'd been holding off because I never really liked the art style, the depth of field stuff going to create it's visuals, and that I heard it had performance issues, though in just 5 minutes, kinda everything I was worried about, is still there for me.  The art style is fine, it's not something I like, I think it was the complete wrong decision, though better handled than how Diamond/Pearl did their remake, but I hate the depth of field effect going on with the obscene blur on the edges.  It makes the game look genuinely bad.  No too mention some of the actual...tech behind the visuals, the best way I can put it, don't look very clean, it's a little jarring looking at some stuff in the main village as I feel like the game should be cleaner.

The worst thing is the performance.  I heard it didn't run good, so I waited to see if it got some patches to clean it up, but nah, seemed like Nintendo didn't care about the game or couldn't do anything, because it has some real noticeable frame drops, where it goes from smooth, to almost chugging a little with probably a good 5 to 10 frame drop and it's not like once every so often, it's fairly frequent as you travel through places.  It's not unplayable, but I expect performance to struggle a bit with like games that have some more serious power behind their visuals, not a cutesy game like this.

It's rare that a game bothers me this much within like the first 5 minutes, but I'm really not sure if I'm gonna continue on or not.  It's frustrating to feel this way about a Zelda game.

« Reply #4502 on: January 01, 2022, 10:11:46 pm »
Started my first game of 2022, Control. really enjoying it so far.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4503 on: January 01, 2022, 11:17:55 pm »
Was playing Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth. But then got to the boss rush towards the end of the game. No way I'm beating that. That's as far as I get.

I was really enjoying it up to that point. Very Symphony of the Night inspired with some great 2D visuals.

« Reply #4504 on: January 01, 2022, 11:41:48 pm »
Just beaten, Shin Megami Tensei V, on First playthrough, Hard, Beaten all bosses.  As well DLC hardest boss. Gotten Secret True Ending.   = Loved it.  125hours. ;)

Playing other games i gotten recently over holidays.  Waiting for end of January for Pokémon Arceus at end of the month.  Play it till Elden Ring comes out.  Than their bunch of awesome games from Square Enix coming out in March including Triangle Strategy, i might finally get true Spiritual Sequel to original Final Fantasy Tactics game that i always wanted. (which is also my Favorite Final Fantasy Game.)
The Mind is The Slayer of Reality. --- LoS

alligo

« Reply #4505 on: January 02, 2022, 05:03:31 am »
I just finished Kirby planet robobot which is excellent.
Lot a fun, I'm glad I didn't miss this gem.

Good music, power and final.
The other modes and mini-games are not bad
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

« Reply #4506 on: January 02, 2022, 07:15:13 pm »
Well, my yearly attempt at Escape from Tarkov again, which is still a great and terrible game lol I adore how this game feels as a realistic shooter, the looting, there's a whole lot of detail and depth to the experience, I just wish it wasn't inside Tarkov.  It's a game that hates people, especially newer players, because there's no way to really learn the feel of the game properly, without bringing in gear and guaranteeing to die probably a dozen times in a row, and then mostly just being left to hope you can get out with enough random crap as a scav to fund another run.  I'm not against the idea of the game, something similar would be DayZ, but that's a game I could at least spend a few hours running around, surviving and looting the stuff I need before I suffer a swift and untimely death, but a lot of Tarkov, especially on maps like Factory or Customs, you'll be lucky to last 5 minutes unless your are really playing it incredibly safe and slow.

I just wish it had like a TDM mode or something that would let me more properly experience the games action without worry of losing my gear.  Offline Raids exist and are nice for learning the map, but you only fight AI Scavs and they aren't fun to fight since they don't behave like players and are either super dumb, but great shots, or really smart, and great shots.  Oh well, maybe one day I'll get more interested in the game, perhaps in 5 to 10 years when they get around to doing the whole open world stuff they once talked about doing, but will probably never do lol

« Reply #4507 on: January 04, 2022, 12:02:20 pm »
Still playing Dark Souls 3 with my wife.  I had some mild intent to go and get all of the achievements and then someone reminded me that the get all rings achievement requires minimally 3 playthroughs.

Started up and have been playing Demon's Souls.  I beat it new year's morning, but now I'm in ng+ working on the platinum trophy.  I need to beat astraea without killing vinland first, get pbct to do the mephistopheles quest, and then kill a few more bosses for the spells/miracles.

So my gameplan is beat leechmonger, beat 5-2, beat 5-3 without killing vinland, beat 4-2, beat 3-2, kill yurt, beat 3-3, beat 1-3, trade items for colorless demon souls, shenanigans to get all miracles, shenanigans to get all spells, then pbct mephistopheles quest.

I guess I'm not as close as I thought, but I'm at leechmonger, I have the sodden ring/thief ring for 5-2, 5-3 is straight forward, 4-2 will suck, 3-2 will likely suck, yurt fight will be a breath of fresh air probably, 3-3 will be tough for just the walk up the stairs to the fight and then the fight will be hit/miss, 1-3 will definitely suck, colorless demon souls should be simple, shenigans simple but tedious, and pbct will be interesting as well.

I'm hoping to make a big chunk of progress on this tonight.

« Reply #4508 on: January 04, 2022, 09:21:28 pm »
I am also doing my playthrough of Dark Souls 3 right now.  I've put off playing it for a year now because I wanted to marathon the main series, and I played through Demons Souls, DS 1, and DS2, but we never got the Bloodborne 60fps update I wanted, and with Elden Ring out next month, I kinda need to get this done. DS3 and Bloodborne are my favorites, so it's been nice getting back into DS3 by being repeatedly kicked in the balls like usual lol

« Reply #4509 on: January 05, 2022, 08:19:54 am »
Last night, sort of against my will, I played Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 3 at the same time.  A guy I had been helping in Demon's Souls insisted that I help him, which I did, and in turn he shenaniganed to get me up to soul level like 300. ::)  I actually kind of regret that because now I can't really do PvP/co-op because no one is my level.  At the same time, my wife's cousin begged for assistance in DS3, then he bailed and I wound up helping another of my wife's cousins fight Midir.  I was mainly playing Demon's Souls, but I kept getting summoned into the PvP boss fight, which I won 2/3 times, so I had to drop the controller for Demon's Souls and go play DS3 because they weren't summoning me fast enough.

Anyway, around midnight last night I earned the platinum trophy for Demon's Souls... so now I can finally move on to some other game.  Maybe Deathloop.

telly

« Reply #4510 on: January 06, 2022, 08:40:41 am »
Just hit 50 hours in Persona 5. Really digging it so far, though there are some niggles that I have. Still plugging away!
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #4511 on: January 07, 2022, 07:55:49 pm »
Sooo Ive never really been a fan of Smash Bros.. but last night i was invited to hang out with a few friends who rented a movie theater to play Smash, and i have to say... i havent had that much fun in ages... I think im about to go down a rabbit hole.

mrkonasoni

« Reply #4512 on: January 09, 2022, 08:35:24 pm »
Ended Conker Live and Reloaded.
It was fine I guess, the truth is that playing it again made me realize I like the concept of the game more than the game itself.

I am also seriously considering if play Turok Reboot for PS3 or start with the original trilogy.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

« Reply #4513 on: January 10, 2022, 06:37:45 pm »
Been playing Tales of Arise lately, picked it up on release but was too busy to play. I think it's phenomenal so far. I'm in Elde Menancia in the quarry.
Also just picked up Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. It's my first one (I know, I know) and I can't believe I've missed out all these years lol
Currently Playing:
Tales of Arise
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Always Playing:
Final Fantasy XIV

« Reply #4514 on: January 11, 2022, 07:41:06 am »
This year, I'm kind of switching between 4 games: mainly I'm hooked on RPG-Maker MV for PS4, creating a little game of mine. Besides that I work on finishing Dragon Warrior VIII for PS2 ... lost in grinding, so I also started playing Summoner and Lufia 2 for SNES ... I always switch a title as soon as I get bored from grinding and such ...
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US !!
WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM !!