Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515531 times)

telly

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2355 on: January 13, 2016, 04:03:20 pm »
Still playing Donkey Kong Country, I'm at the industrial-area levels.

And with Xenoblade 3D, I'm about 45 hours in. Starting to get a wee bit burnt out on it so I hope I'm close to the conclusion.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2356 on: January 13, 2016, 04:05:56 pm »
Still playing Donkey Kong Country, I'm at the industrial-area levels.

And with Xenoblade 3D, I'm about 45 hours in. Starting to get a wee bit burnt out on it so I hope I'm close to the conclusion.

Those industrial levels get hard. I remember spending the most time there and the snow levels.

telly

« Reply #2357 on: January 13, 2016, 04:08:09 pm »
Ah, thanks for the heads up! The snow levels took me a long time - especially Snow Barrel Blast.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

doafan

« Reply #2358 on: January 15, 2016, 02:11:31 pm »
Renewed my live subscription this past Saturday cause I decided to get those achievements that can only been obtained playing online at Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate so this is the game that am currently playing, have won a couple of matches and also admit that have lost at least the 75% of them but it's ok, still need to unlock the one DOA5 Ultimate Is My Life so I guess that with all the practice my skills will grown up or at least am gonna get my ass kicked this quantity  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

pacpix

« Reply #2359 on: January 15, 2016, 03:44:59 pm »
I have been playing the new Goat Simulator DLC and it is absolutely incredible.  This game continues to provide hours of entertainment as I near 60 hours of play time.  Also been playing some Rocket League which has been great fun as well.  I'm also about ten hours into Xenoblade Chronicles X, but have not had much time to play the last couple weeks.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #2360 on: January 18, 2016, 10:42:13 am »
Finally started getting into the Metroid series a few days ago.  Started with Metroid: Zero Mission.  Awesome game.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2361 on: January 18, 2016, 11:36:37 am »
Back to the Future: The Game on XBox One.

I'm about to start the final episode. The gameplay could use some more excitement, but the story is good enough to keep me going, especially since I'm a huge fan of the movies.. But if you're not a fan of the movies, there's nothing else here for you.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2362 on: January 19, 2016, 07:53:37 am »
I just started playing the PS4 remaster of Grim Fandango yesterday.  Btw - this game is free right now for PS+ members.

It's my 1st time playing it and, while imo, the controls and lighting leave a lot to be desired - the humor more than carries it.

Anyone else played it?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #2363 on: January 19, 2016, 11:35:00 am »
I just started playing the PS4 remaster of Grim Fandango yesterday.  Btw - this game is free right now for PS+ members.

It's my 1st time playing it and, while imo, the controls and lighting leave a lot to be desired - the humor more than carries it.

Anyone else played it?

I have it on several platforms now but have still yet to play it.  Never played it back in the day, but I look forward to it :)  Same goes for Day of the Tentacle.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #2364 on: January 22, 2016, 05:48:58 pm »
Started playing through Mother 3 for the first time in years. The last time I played it to completion was back in 2009, shortly after the first complete English fan translation was released. I recently got an English repro cart and it's really great to be able to play Mother 3 in English on its original hardware instead of resorting to emulation.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #2365 on: January 23, 2016, 01:37:51 pm »
Right now I'm playing through the campaign mode of Battlefield 4. I don't know if EA/Dice made the game harder than BF3, or my skills deteriorated.

Warmsignal

« Reply #2366 on: January 26, 2016, 12:38:42 am »
Errffbound! The legendary SNES game. We'll see if it really lives up to all of the hype, this is my first time playing through it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 03:52:12 am by Warmsignal »

« Reply #2367 on: January 26, 2016, 08:39:25 am »
Errffbound! The legendary SNES game. We'll see if it really lives up to all of the hype, this is my first time playing through it.
I had a buddy who had that game as a kid, even then I remember thinking to myself how rare that game was.  I think I kept wanting to rent it, but every rental store never had a copy checked in.

First time I ever got to play it was when they released it for VC on Wii U.  It is definitely in the same category as FF7, if you go into it expecting the holy grail of video games, of course you are going to hate it.  But objectively, it's a good game.

kashell

« Reply #2368 on: January 26, 2016, 09:57:04 am »
I started Indigo Prophecy last night. Like the other Quantic Dream games I have played, the game has:

1. A unique story that keeps you guessing
2. Believable characters
3. Tons of choices
4. Glitches out the wazoo

Despite number 4, I'm enjoying this title. It's a nice break from RPGs.

romanticore

« Reply #2369 on: January 26, 2016, 10:05:27 am »

Anyone else played it?

Grim Fandango holds one of the best soundtracks ever! Played it back in the day. It was a super experience back then, and I guess it holds up pretty ok.
Currently Playing:
Chrono Trigger (DS)