Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515862 times)

telly

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3660 on: February 26, 2018, 12:09:56 am »
Started up Shantae and the Pirates Curse. I like it! It's got some improved and not as good things when compared to Half-Genie Hero, though I think Half-Genie hero is better, at least for now. I'm about 2 hours in.

Also grinding for that final boss in Xenoblade Chronicles X (at least I think it's the final boss). I'm looking forward to being able to beat this game soon, I'm ready for it to be done :)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

shfan

« Reply #3661 on: February 26, 2018, 06:58:33 am »
Just started School Girl/Zombie Hunter, which is educational software. It's a spin-off from the Oneechanbara series, with a focus on gunplay rather than swordplay, low budget, lots of typical manga-style high school chit chat. It's fine by me.

« Reply #3662 on: February 26, 2018, 08:21:56 am »
Just started School Girl/Zombie Hunter, which is educational software. It's a spin-off from the Oneechanbara series, with a focus on gunplay rather than swordplay, low budget, lots of typical manga-style high school chit chat. It's fine by me.
Educational you say?

I just started Yakuza 2 last night.

« Reply #3663 on: February 26, 2018, 02:39:51 pm »
Few games ongoing currently. Just bought the new 2DS XL to replace my older 3DS XL so have been playing games on that again. Making my way through Super Mario World, playing Pokemon X, and restarted Monster Hunter 4U a bit. On ps4 I am working my way through Monster Hunter World still, finished Inside recently, and that's about it. Nothing ongoing on pc besides playing Mudrunner Spintires off and on as a good relaxation game. Interested in starting Final Fantasy IX on pc soon but going to wait as I also have Pokemon HeartGold coming soon so want to wait and finish some smaller stuff before I dive into another big game.

desocietas

« Reply #3664 on: February 26, 2018, 04:11:27 pm »
Got the credits for Monster Hunter World, so I guess that's done, and installed both The Sims: Medieval and Sims 2 Ultimate Edition to mess around with. Got the urge to play some Yakuza 0, so I fired that up yesterday, too. Too many games to play :(
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

shfan

« Reply #3665 on: February 27, 2018, 09:25:53 am »
Educational you say?

Heh, that should be 'educational', it's my go-to euphemism for anything for violence or kink, I'm also playing Splatterhouse on the 360 - extremely 'educational' ;)

megasilverx1

« Reply #3666 on: March 01, 2018, 04:07:23 am »
Currently playing the SNES version of Dragon Quest VI. It's just as blah/forgettable as the DS remake to me. Makes me want to go back and play basically any other Dragon Quest game...except for maybe II and IX.

Also playing Advance Wars: Duel Strike. May not be very good at strategy games, but the Advance Wars games are pretty fun.

arkaneer

« Reply #3667 on: March 01, 2018, 06:41:37 am »
I gave up for now on Dragon's Dogma...despite enjoying the combat initially, the further I got into the game I realised the story is boring and the world is lifeless. There are also some strange design decisions in the game...typical Capcom.

I picked up Dragon Quest Builders and put in a few hours. It's good fun so far  :)

« Reply #3668 on: March 01, 2018, 11:41:45 pm »

I figured with Metro Exodus coming out this year that it was time for another playthrough of Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light.  I absolutely love these games.  I've beaten Metro 2033 at least 3 or 4 times, and I think I've only done Last Light twice over the years.  I usually check them out every year or so.  You can't find any other games that do this type of shooter with as much attention to atmosphere and tension.  They are basically the realization of what STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl wanted to be, just with smaller, linear, locales, and a way better engine.  I was kinda hoping we'd see Metro Exodus go full open world, but I'm more than happy with a linear story and just larger areas to explore before moving on.

« Reply #3669 on: March 07, 2018, 09:16:16 pm »
Started into Metal Gear Survive after renting it and so far it isn't too bad.  I know a few people that gave the game serious flack, not unfairly so due to Konami, their history, and some issues the game has, but I went in expecting worse, which happened because the beta for co-op was not a good introduction to the game.  It's not just poking zombies through fences, you get a machete after the spear, you get a pistol after that, and then you get a bow after that, which is what I'm up to currently.  Gameplay does feel a little limited, because you can get swamped by zombies and stuff like the spear have a very slow animation to it, and I don't really see the point of CQC, because you never want to get that close to zombies.  Their attacks do major damage.

I thought I was gonna be more annoyed with the UI, mostly by what I saw in the beta again, but it's not as obnoxious here.  One noticeable negative is definitely the hunger/thirst rate.  It's fast.  I don't hate it, but it feels like it could be slower.  It's that kind of thing like in Breath of the Wild where you may be fine with the weapon breaking, or really hate it.

So far, I don't hate my time.  It's appealing to my enjoyment of survival and exploration, so we'll see how long things last.  Slightly worried about the game once it gets to the point that the microtransactions get involved.

« Reply #3670 on: March 07, 2018, 11:14:13 pm »
I've been playing Final Fantasy X HD remaster, working on the celestial weapons, I had everything except Tidus's cause of the damn chocobo race! shit is that hard. I had tried for several hours over the course of a week and this morning after about 40 minutes of trying I told myself I was going to try for like 10 more minutes and then just give up and beat the game. Right after that I got it. Almost threw the vita across the room in sheer excitement. so happy to be done with that point... but after doing that... I kinda almost want to go for Platinum on it.... am I crazy?

« Reply #3671 on: March 08, 2018, 07:07:41 pm »
I've been playing Final Fantasy X HD remaster, working on the celestial weapons, I had everything except Tidus's cause of the damn chocobo race! shit is that hard. I had tried for several hours over the course of a week and this morning after about 40 minutes of trying I told myself I was going to try for like 10 more minutes and then just give up and beat the game. Right after that I got it. Almost threw the vita across the room in sheer excitement. so happy to be done with that point... but after doing that... I kinda almost want to go for Platinum on it.... am I crazy?

I did the same thing back in I think 2016 when I finally played through this, got the hardest celestial weapons to get, shitty race and lightning dodging included, but when faced with the idea of still having to play for 10s of hours, I just couldn't get myself to set into that end game grind. I just went in and finished it and rolled through the final boss so easily thanks to being well over-leveled lol.

« Reply #3672 on: March 08, 2018, 08:48:31 pm »
I did the same thing back in I think 2016 when I finally played through this, got the hardest celestial weapons to get, shitty race and lightning dodging included, but when faced with the idea of still having to play for 10s of hours, I just couldn't get myself to set into that end game grind. I just went in and finished it and rolled through the final boss so easily thanks to being well over-leveled lol.

I just found out about the easy as crap AP thing from the Monster Arena.... so i've been a little inspired. I think I might actually give it a go. never got a platinum before so this was be awesome for a first one.

« Reply #3673 on: March 09, 2018, 07:26:16 am »
Ah, and there are the microtransactions in Metal Gear Survive...Want to send out more scouting parties for the rather pitiful amount of supplies they can earn? 1000 Konami Bucks for each new team! It doesn't matter a ton at the point of the game I'm in right now, but it is lame seeing these F2P mechanics in a full game.  This seems like the only use of the coin currency you can buy to me.  Kinda surprised there's no DLC.  On the edge of buying the game though.  Spent my 2 days playing it with the rental and think it's reasonably solid and want to see where it goes.  Got some gift card cash from some game trades at Best Buy that I might use for it.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3674 on: March 09, 2018, 10:13:08 am »
Just started playing Panzer Dragoon Orta....AGAIN.
I don’t know what it is about this game, I just get more engrossed in it than most games. The art, the music, the fleshed-out world, the exciting gameplay...and it’s just frickin’ FUN.
Finished level 3 last night (I love that boss). On to the Imperial armada...