Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 513032 times)

vancha

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #165 on: July 11, 2012, 04:10:04 pm »
Currently busy with 3D Dot Game Heroes on PS3, a great fun Zelda'isk game.
Also playing dragon ball z: attack of the saiyans on DS :)

« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2012, 11:49:14 pm »
I've been playing dead space.  Trying to take a break from rpg's since I just beat Star Ocean 2nd story

pacpix

« Reply #167 on: July 13, 2012, 12:36:38 am »
I decided to try the Elder Scrolls Series.  Downloaded Arena for free from their website and I am really enjoying it.  The dungeons remind me of the old wizardry games, except a lot easier  :)
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

scott

« Reply #168 on: July 13, 2012, 12:42:07 am »
I decided to try the Elder Scrolls Series.  Downloaded Arena for free from their website and I am really enjoying it.  The dungeons remind me of the old wizardry games, except a lot easier  :)

Awesome! I loved Daggerfall, even with all the bugs. It's an excellent series, glad you are liking the original!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

madmax

« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2012, 11:40:18 pm »
Picked up Arkham City during the steam sale. Really great game and I love being able to max it out (physx and all)

jobocan

« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2012, 11:49:20 pm »
I picked up Malicious on PSN yesterday, and it's... really really good. I'll be playing that for a while, since mastering it to the point of being able to beat all 5 bosses (not counting the final boss, who I'll need all continues on probably) without using continues is gonna be really tough.

scott

« Reply #171 on: July 29, 2012, 02:56:59 pm »
Still playing Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride. I also have been playing short bursts of Steel Diver since I got it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

blipcs76

« Reply #172 on: July 30, 2012, 11:21:02 am »
Me and my wife just finished our play through of New Super Mario Bros. Wii.  The last level is actually pretty challenging.  Myself, I recently finished Darksiders, which was a surprisingly fun and well-made action adventure game.  Looking forward to the sequel now.

Now I've moved onto Zelda Skyward Sword, which sat on my shelf since Christmas and I'm finally getting into now.  It's grabbed my attention far better than Twilight Princess, which I've never been able to get into.  The Wiimotion Plus sword actions make it really enjoyable and satisfying.  Combat actually feels like combat when you're physically slashing left/right/up/down with near 1:1 control.

arcaneknight

« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2012, 05:22:49 pm »
Started Growlanser IV yesterday, still working on Persona 2 IS and Growlanser III. Hopefully I can finish at least 2 of them, I get distracted or lose interest too easily these days. : P

psydswipe

« Reply #174 on: August 02, 2012, 11:52:00 am »
I bought the Thief trilogy pack on Steam during the summer sale so I've been going through that. Finished Thief Gold last week and should finish Thief II tomorrow. At $6.74 for the three it was a good purchase, though I find I don't always have the patience to play the game properly. The first game has odd enemies, such as zombies and alligator-like creatures that spew green gas clouds, that I didn't expect. I'm enjoying the sequel more which has less weird stuff but added mechanical enemies and security cameras (reminds me of dwarven objects seen in some RPGs). The third one is supposedly set up different, closer to an open world setting. I'll either jump into that this weekend or try out my other purchase that I made shortly after the summer sale ended, Jade Empire.

htimreimer

« Reply #175 on: August 02, 2012, 12:03:22 pm »
i am planning to replay the lost crown because two  sequels coming out this year ;D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #176 on: August 02, 2012, 12:23:17 pm »

Started Growlanser IV yesterday, still working on Persona 2 IS and Growlanser III. Hopefully I can finish at least 2 of them, I get distracted or lose interest too easily these days. : P

Please post your thoughts & impressions on Growlanser IV as you get further into the game  ;D

Me personally?

I did something (unfortunately, very typical of me) that I've done quite a bit of...that is, ignoring my backlog of hundreds of unplayed games - and instead - re-playing one of my favorite PS3 "Cross-over RPG's"...

"Cross-Edge".

I like this game so much, that I've actually platinumed it (no easy task, with this game) on one of my older PSN accounts  ???

I must admit, though, that it's even more fun this time through...because on the Gamefaqs "RPG's: Everything Else" board (the *ONLY* other site that I'd consider myself a 'regular' at (other than this one)...a bunch of us created/were participating in a thread to try & get different little groups of us together to play the same games together at the same time.

Preferably & ideally; of course, this would mean (especially in a game w/ such a deep, confusing, in-depth, and complex battle-system -and- even worse...the most random, obscure, and un/counter-intuitive pre-requisites & requirements to reach the "True-End" / *SERIOUSLY*???

...stuff like, if you attack, damage (or, possibly, even target) certain bosses (*IN THE BOSS FIGHTS*) during the game...you *WILL* have locked yourself out of being able to attain/see the true-end during that playthrough)  :o

that, amongst the rest of the noobs playing the game for their 1st time - that it would be greatly beneficial (and just plain logical) to have someone who knew the game inside-out also re-playing it for help, answers, suggestions, tips 'n' tricks, etc.

In this case, for this game, that falls to me & one of my other friends from that site to 'help' the 4 or 5 other site members playing it for the 1st time.  Luckily, for me, it's a game that I loved so much.

The obvious idea here being that, next time I pick a "group-game" to play there...I'll be the noob getting help from the others there that already know the game; I'm actually really liking this way of playing together as it introduces/gets lurkers and the more shy & quiet posters involved w/ the rest of the community, and, once committed to playing/helping others w/ a game - it's easier to not get "side-tracked"...and actually get some games played  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

pacpix

« Reply #177 on: August 18, 2012, 04:37:04 pm »
Just started playing the original Wizardry(Super Famicon Version).  I am going to try this without cheating with save states or maps so it is going a bit slow.  My party is:
Link-Fighter
Dig-Dug-Fighter
Ganon-Thief
Impa-Priest
Old Man-Bishop
Zelda-Mage
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

desocietas

« Reply #178 on: August 27, 2012, 03:02:13 am »
Put in a lot of time into Diablo recently and am finally close to getting to lvl 60 on my demon hunter.

Waiting for my retail copy of Guild Wars 2 but just bought Pushmo on the 3DS.  Not a bad puzzle game so far.

Have Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom in the PSP right now and am waiting to get to the part where it's *actually* interactive... :/

(I guess I'm finally at the stage of recovery where I can play games again :) )
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #179 on: August 27, 2012, 10:22:43 am »
Put in a lot of time into Diablo recently and am finally close to getting to lvl 60 on my demon hunter.

Waiting for my retail copy of Guild Wars 2 but just bought Pushmo on the 3DS.  Not a bad puzzle game so far.

Have Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom in the PSP right now and am waiting to get to the part where it's *actually* interactive... :/

(I guess I'm finally at the stage of recovery where I can play games again :) )

Glad to hear that you're feeling better!

Post more about Hakuoki as you progress in the game...I'm curious about it :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"