Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515810 times)

shfan

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #4260 on: June 27, 2020, 08:44:27 am »
I've been playing Rune Factory Oceans on the PS3 for about a week, it's crap at explaining what's necessary to progress sometimes and I hate the MMORPG style grinding necessary to get skills up, but I'm really enjoying it overall, been a very long time since i played a Harvest Moon game (discounting Stardew Valley a few years back).

kashell

« Reply #4261 on: June 29, 2020, 11:06:47 am »
I've been playing Code Vein. It is, indeed, anime Dark Souls. Which, is mighty fine by me. I'm digging all of the options, the difficulty, and the setting.

« Reply #4262 on: June 29, 2020, 11:13:18 am »
I've been playing Code Vein. It is, indeed, anime Dark Souls. Which, is mighty fine by me. I'm digging all of the options, the difficulty, and the setting.
I really enjoyed my time with that game.

« Reply #4263 on: July 11, 2020, 03:21:32 am »
Really pushing to try and beat Nioh 2 this weekend if possible, I kinda want some down time between it and when I pick up Ghost of Tsushima next week since they have similar tones to them.  I am enjoying the game, though what FromSoftware does is still the best to me.  The thing Nioh 2 does do great though is customization in all areas.  You get so many choices for everything, you can bounce around stances, or just stick to the one you like, you can customize your character and gear at any point to look however you like, you can earn new moves and use whichever one you want.  It's a lot of freedom that's pretty cool.

kashell

« Reply #4264 on: July 11, 2020, 02:54:06 pm »
I really enjoyed my time with that game.
I finished it earlier this week. It was pretty cool. I doubt I'll replay it because I was ready for it to be over by the time I got the last area. Still, glad I gave it a try.

telekill

« Reply #4265 on: July 11, 2020, 03:30:06 pm »
I finally... FINALLY beat Final Fantasy 7 Remake last night. While I'm looking forward to the eventual sequel, I'm very happy to move on to my Limited Run Games copy of Streets of Rage 4 and then Ghost of Tsushima next week.

« Reply #4266 on: July 13, 2020, 08:46:09 am »
I have, for some reason, decided one of my franchise runs this year would be the battlefield series so I'm playing through those games.  Already done with Battlefield 2:MC, both Bad Companies, and Battlefield 3.  Halfway through 4.  Bought V on Amazon because it was only $10.

telly

« Reply #4267 on: July 13, 2020, 08:48:38 am »
I'm playing Pikmin 2 right now. Not sure what I'll play afterwards, thinking an open world game. Might finally give Marvel's Spider-Man a go.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

mark1982

« Reply #4268 on: July 14, 2020, 03:32:22 am »
Playing Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Almost 100% the map and getting those rare drops to craft end game items. I feel overpowered at the moment but I'm not complaining since it came gradually and some portions were challenging earlier on.

Great game for those that enjoy the Castlevania series ;D

l    l 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4269 on: July 16, 2020, 01:10:46 pm »
Been a long time since I've posted here, so this is gonna be a long post. Going over the last few games I've been playing.

I really, really want to like this. I love Metroid, so much. Super Metroid and the GBA titles are in my top 10 of all time list. But that damn melee counter just ruins the game for me. I wouldn't mind it so much if it was just sometimes you used it, but the game really pushes the move by having like every single enemy rush you. I'm still trying to get over it and get used to it. We'll see what happens.

Side note: The thumbstick on my 3DS XL broke off. I'm now playing my 3DS XL with a repaired thumbstick. All I used is Gorilla Glue. That stuff is amazing. It works perfectly.

Just finished Resident Evil 5 last night. First playthrough of it. I tried it when it was new and hated the AI partner, and wasn't fond of the more action approach, not to mention the loss of zombies and Umbrella monsters soured me a bit (big old-school RE fan). Glad I gave it another shot. Not that it changed by view of the gameplay too much, but it was nice closing to the Umbrella chapters of the RE saga. Felt like the ending to the story that RE4 should have been.

Played through this again to prepare me for my playthrough of RE5. Been so long I needed a refresher (or so I thought). Turns out that other than the Las Plagas being used, there really is no connection between the two games, oh well.

What inspired me to give RE5 another shot. Loved this (and the RE2 remake) so much that I decided to revisit the series. I heard a lot people giving this one crap in comparison to the RE2 remake. Can't say I have the same complaints. Yeah, it's short, but then so was the original RE3. Yeah, the Nemesis attacks you mostly in pre-scripted events; that's also how the original was. Amazing graphics, great gameplay, intense moments, cool monsters and zombies; what's not to like here for a RE fan?

Amazing Metroidvania game with a stunning art style to it. Emotional story set in a foreboding and creepy forest. It's hard to convey how good this game is without playing it yourself. But if you're a Metroidvania fan, this is a MUST PLAY!

The sequel to Ori and the Blind Forest, and somehow is just as good. A bit more difficult, but not barringly difficult. The platforming in this one just seemed a bit more demanding. Still a fantastic experience, emotional, and atmospheric as the first one. And that great Metroidvania gameplay to boot.

Because you have to have the retro, too. I've played through this countless times, and it never stops being fun. One of the all-time best!

Another classic I go back to again and again. Love it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 12:34:01 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #4270 on: July 17, 2020, 02:41:39 am »
Mostly just been dabbling in a few things recently as I'm kinda in "Oh god, new game coming, I need it" mode with Ghost of Tsushima out today, but I gave Astroneer a shot, it's basically the indie version of No Man's Sky, but it's kinda alright, mostly just played it because it's free on the Xbox Game Pass for PC.  The only thing I didn't like was that there wasn't much of a threat.  There doesn't seem to be any alien creatures, so the only real worry is not having air, which isn't a problem once you start collecting a few things and can regularly get the material you need for oxygen tethers.  Nothing bad, but there wasn't a lot driving me forward other than some alien structures to interact with that I never got to since it just feels like you are collecting material to get more material and that comes across a little boring.

Also with the space theme, I got Lifeless Planet on Epic for free at some point and figured I'd try it out.  I didn't really like it, only played a short bit of it as it's indie walking sim/slight platformer, but it's all very low budget and kinda the half-assed reveal of the mystery seems kinda "meh".  The low budget feel is kinda very obvious in the movement, sounds, dialogue, like it's not unplayable or anything, but I just can't see myself playing it for the 5 hours they wanted me to.

« Reply #4271 on: July 17, 2020, 09:35:55 am »
Finished Battlefield 4 and 1.  The story for 1 was really good.  The war stories play out like a mini-movie... takes about the length of a movie to finish too.  Honestly I hope they do more of that.  Playing through Battlefield V's War Stories right now.

telekill

« Reply #4272 on: July 17, 2020, 10:18:39 am »
Picking up my copy of Ghost on the way home from work tonight but I won't be able to start playing it until Monday.  :'(

« Reply #4273 on: July 17, 2020, 12:26:22 pm »
My copy still hasn't shipped yet.  Amazon says next Tuesday  :'(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4274 on: August 03, 2020, 01:27:37 pm »

Playing Vikings: Wolves of Midgard on XBox One.

It's a Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance rip-off, except this is set in the ancient Viking days rather than medieval times. But I don't say that like that's a bad thing, I LOVE these type of games.

Even though I am enjoying myself, I can see that it's a bit lazy. The first thing that jumps out is that the graphics don't really look improved from the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance days. And the sound effects are about the same.

But the BIGGEST annoyance is the difficulty. I started on Normal. Got through the prelude, and the first area. However when I got to the first boss, it was freaking impossible. I must have tried 10 times over. So then I drop the difficulty down to Easy. And now the game is a complete cakewalk with no challenge in the slightest. So annoying. But the bash and loot nature of the game still has me exploring it anyways, at least until Destroy All Humans! shows up in the mail.