Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 504870 times)

scott

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #225 on: November 28, 2012, 08:56:42 am »
Started playing Diablo III again with my cousin and another friend. Last night we polished off Act 1 Normal and totally smoked everything. This time I'm playing through with a Wizard and I'm really digging that class! My cousin is rolling a Demon Hunter and our other friend is a Barbarian. I'd say this is the 1st time I've play a decent amount on co-op in one sitting and it makes the game much more enjoyable. I'm sure it helps that we are facemelting everything so far. I'm interested to see how things play out later on.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

blipcs76

« Reply #226 on: November 28, 2012, 10:26:17 am »
I recently finished Dante's Inferno and I'm contemplating a second play through at a harder difficulty and pursuing the unholy tree.  I maxed out the holy tree on my first play.  Though I may move on to something else rather than play DI again.  I still have LA Noire, Sin & Punishment Star Successor and Metroid Other M sitting unplayed since I got them last Christmas.

thecollector0o7

« Reply #227 on: November 28, 2012, 10:32:27 am »
Just started a play though of Bad Fur Day but its busy time at Brock so no gaming for me   >_>'

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #228 on: November 28, 2012, 11:17:33 am »
I recently finished Dante's Inferno and I'm contemplating a second play through at a harder difficulty and pursuing the unholy tree.  I maxed out the holy tree on my first play.  Though I may move on to something else rather than play DI again.  I still have LA Noire, Sin & Punishment Star Successor and Metroid Other M sitting unplayed since I got them last Christmas.

What'd ya' think of Dante's Inferno & what did you play it on?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #229 on: December 03, 2012, 11:09:33 pm »
I cracked open that copy of Alone in the Dark for the PS2 I got the other day and started to play it.

So far: Slightly buggy, but not completely unplayable. I'm having the same issues I had with the PC version - that is, slightly unintuitive controls and awkward timing / button issues.

Since I played and beat the PC version, I know exactly what's going to happen... except it doesn't happen. The story is somewhat different since it was developed by a different team. The same plot-related events happen... with a slightly different story. Eh, it's different enough for a second playthrough...

darko

« Reply #230 on: December 03, 2012, 11:28:33 pm »
I fired up Dawn of Sorrow to distract me a bit from Chrono Trigger this weekend. Now I'm hooked. Are all of the DS Castlevania games as good?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 10:15:23 am by darko »

scott

« Reply #231 on: December 04, 2012, 01:07:10 am »
Yes. I'd say my favorites in order are Dawn, Order and then Portrait. But Dawn and Order are really close.

Portrait is good and the story is pretty good, but I just don't think it stands up as well compared to the others. Portrait is cool how each area is set up and a lot of the areas seem unique compared to previous Castlevania games, thanks to each area taking place in various paintings though.

Also, Order seems to be a bit more challenging than the others, which I loved. And the story is really interesting, I think. It doesn't take place solely inside a castle and has a lot of Simon's Quest like exploration of areas. And the glyph system is a neat take on how you collect gear/abilities.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #232 on: December 04, 2012, 01:24:22 am »
I started the PC version of Eiyuu Densetsu 3 the other day, but it's fallen to the wayside because I'm totally in love with Wonder Project J2 (N64) - I bought it ages ago but only just got around to playing it for the purposes of blog research, and it's so lovely I really have to see it through before I do anything else :D

foxhack

« Reply #233 on: December 04, 2012, 04:19:06 pm »
Argh, what the crap!

I'm still stuck on the first episode of Alone in the Dark - there's this parking lot that I have to explore to find a car to escape, right? Except there's no car! And there's an enemy that CAN be killed, but I'm supposed to use fire - which I CAN'T GET in this game for some reason! What the hell!

soera

« Reply #234 on: December 04, 2012, 04:49:11 pm »
Just finished Nightmare mode on Skylanders Giants a few hours ago. Got the Knight's helm and maxed out about a dozen characters in the process of the 2 playthroughs. Also got the 65000 gold trophy. :) All in all, the game is still pretty cool. Only 4 characters left to find out in the world. Hot Dog, Thumpback, Ninjini, and Eye-Brawl.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #235 on: December 04, 2012, 04:50:50 pm »
Just finished Nightmare mode on Skylanders Giants a few hours ago. Got the Knight's helm and maxed out about a dozen characters in the process of the 2 playthroughs. Also got the 65000 gold trophy. :) All in all, the game is still pretty cool. Only 4 characters left to find out in the world. Hot Dog, Thumpback, Ninjini, and Eye-Brawl.

You really do have a problem

« Reply #236 on: December 04, 2012, 05:54:59 pm »
Finished Final Fantasy II (GBA) this morning and am going to start Final Fantasy III (NDS) sometime tonight.  Another step along my Final Fantasy marathon!

soera

« Reply #237 on: December 04, 2012, 05:58:21 pm »

Heh its not so bad. You bought that stuff for your friend's kid .. you should go check out the game!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #238 on: December 04, 2012, 07:36:11 pm »

Heh its not so bad. You bought that stuff for your friend's kid .. you should go check out the game!

I'll get my turn. I have a three year old. My day is coming.

jcalder8

« Reply #239 on: December 04, 2012, 11:28:32 pm »
I can't wait to start playing my copy.... I mean my son's copy.... when I open it...... I mean he opens it Christmas morning :D