Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 512098 times)

desocietas

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #255 on: December 26, 2012, 03:10:53 am »
Just bought Fez and Scribblenauts Unlimited for myself because, well, because Santa didn't come through in time and these games weren't going to buy themselves (plus they were on sale!).

Both are pretty adorable!

Scribblenauts Unlimited is pretty fun and silly and as much as I try to be imaginative, I just end up being kinda mean to justify the end result.  Still a good time and totally worth the $7.50 if anyone wants to buy it still from Amazon.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #256 on: December 26, 2012, 05:23:00 pm »
Just finished psychonauts.  Thoroughly enjoyed.

The RIGHT thing to do is finish Ace Combat 6 and continue working through the backlog...

But just got so many games for xmas.....

SELF CONTROL...

foxhack

« Reply #257 on: December 26, 2012, 06:35:36 pm »
I started playing Shank on PC. It's pretty enjoyable, but I need a new gamepad. :P

« Reply #258 on: December 26, 2012, 11:45:22 pm »
I'm trying to play through Mystic Ark (SFC), but it's not really working out. I love everything about the game - the way it looks, the music, the story, the neat battle system... but I just can't get into it. The gameplay's based more around solving puzzles/talking to people than going through dungeons and that's something I really like, but it's also something I don't have a lot of time for! I don't have large chunks of free time and even with the guidebook here I seem to be spending a lot of it trying to work out who I spoke to last and where I need to go next  :-\

scott

« Reply #259 on: December 26, 2012, 11:51:06 pm »
I started playing Shank on PC. It's pretty enjoyable, but I need a new gamepad. :P

I have it on XBLA, it's a good game, but I got bored of it really quick for some reason. I did really like the artwork in it though.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #260 on: December 27, 2012, 10:27:36 am »
Im playing through FF VI again. Working on finishing it so I can do some more play throughs before I finally sell my soul and buy Suikoden II so I can finally own and play it. :)

« Reply #261 on: December 30, 2012, 12:16:49 am »
forza 2. trying to complete it so i can start forza 3
brutal legend (when my little girl is in bed)
soul calibur V

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #262 on: December 30, 2012, 09:08:06 am »
I'm still bumbling my way through CT (Just finished getting the Rainbow Stone/Chrono's best sword (I think))?!

I guess I've just got Frog's side-quest, the Black Omen, and the last boss fight left then, right?

Maybe I can finish it up today - tomorrow :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jcalder8

« Reply #263 on: December 30, 2012, 11:19:40 am »
I bought Skyrim as a birthday present to myself so I'm going to start putting time into that. I haven't played an Elder Scrolls game since Morrowind which I wasn't able to get into it so I'm hoping that Skyrim will be a different story.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #264 on: December 30, 2012, 11:27:30 am »
Skyrim's still in my backlog -but- I *Loved* my 1st (and only, so far:) Elder Scrolls Game; OBLIVION :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #265 on: December 30, 2012, 01:31:04 pm »
Now going through Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken. It's a really awesome run and gun for PS3 (PSN) and Steam. Lots of personality, and it has quite a few puzzles too.

I'm also slowly going through Shank on PC in hard mode.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 01:33:32 pm by foxhack »

soera

« Reply #266 on: December 30, 2012, 02:46:48 pm »
I bought Skyrim as a birthday present to myself so I'm going to start putting time into that. I haven't played an Elder Scrolls game since Morrowind which I wasn't able to get into it so I'm hoping that Skyrim will be a different story.

I actually have Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim all. I got so deep into Morrowind that it was one of the reasons my ex left me. I havent even touched the others. My stepson plays them.

htimreimer

Re: What are you playing? Console
« Reply #267 on: December 30, 2012, 02:54:11 pm »
i'm playing skyrim and rainbow six vegas 2 but the stealth system in skyrim is awful

darko

« Reply #268 on: December 30, 2012, 11:18:07 pm »
I just beat Rage on PS3. I must say, quite an enjoyable experience indeed. It has so many nods to games like Doom, Quake and Wolfenstien that it makes me want to go buy the new Doom 3 remake. I didn't complete all of the sidequests but I did a handful. There's a lot of fun to be had. It's $20 new and $10 used these days. I'd recommend it if you have 10-15 hours to spare, or if you've ever been a fan of any of the other ID Software titles. I played it on the medium difficulty setting and finished it in just under 12 hours. The graphics are great, the story is meh (but that's not really the point), and I really like the setting (post-apocalypse). It was a lot of fun!

jcalder8

« Reply #269 on: December 31, 2012, 02:01:09 am »
Well I have only put in about an hour but I think I have found my new addiction.... wow this game is amazing.