Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 505008 times)

scott

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #270 on: December 31, 2012, 10:07:32 am »
I bought Skyrim as a birthday present to myself so I'm going to start putting time into that. I haven't played an Elder Scrolls game since Morrowind which I wasn't able to get into it so I'm hoping that Skyrim will be a different story.
Well I have only put in about an hour but I think I have found my new addiction.... wow this game is amazing.

I know, right? When I first got it, and walked to the 1st town you visit I was blown away. Then when I went to meet the Jarl you have to talk to to progress the story further I followed the river and was still picking my jaw off the floor. I was super hooked on Skyrim for awhile, but it entered my back log and in true Elder Scrolls fashion I haven't finished it yet. I was thinking of picking up the DLC for it though and get back into it, maybe starting from scratch again.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #271 on: December 31, 2012, 12:19:33 pm »
Is the DLC crap only for Xsuck360? I got on my PSO account and couldnt find a single download.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #272 on: December 31, 2012, 12:23:31 pm »
Is the DLC crap only for Xsuck360? I got on my PSO account and couldnt find a single download.

LOL!

I think that I remember reading that Bethesda "couldn't figure out how to get the DLC to work on the PSN"... :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #273 on: December 31, 2012, 12:49:44 pm »
I'm not sure if the DLC is Xbox only, but all of it is on sale right now for their Countdown to 2013 sale. Looks like I'll be adding some points tonight.

jcalder8

« Reply #274 on: December 31, 2012, 01:24:30 pm »
I am tempted to buy it since it is on sale but the fact that I just started the game makes me hesitant to spend more "money" on it.

scott

« Reply #275 on: December 31, 2012, 02:36:25 pm »
I'd say at least snag Dawnguard as it adds some new armor, crossbows and a little bit of story featuring the vampires and dawnguard hunter factions.

Personally I'll be getting all of it. And I'm pretty sure I'll be starting up a new campaign cause I really want to replay the assassin quest line again.

desocietas

« Reply #276 on: December 31, 2012, 02:39:04 pm »

LOL!

I think that I remember reading that Bethesda "couldn't figure out how to get the DLC to work on the PSN"... :o

ah ha yes, i believe i heard the same, actually...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #277 on: December 31, 2012, 02:45:16 pm »

LOL!

ah ha yes, i believe i heard the same, actually...

Yeah, the real reason is that the programming team at Bethesda is insanely incompetent and they just couldn't bother making the PS3 version properly, and as such they forgot to make DLC possible on it.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #278 on: January 01, 2013, 01:38:50 am »
I started playing Batman: Arkham City tonight. Sad isn't it?  Started a new game on New Years Eve?  Anyway, it's good stuff so far. I like the there are the Catwoman sequences to shake things up.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #279 on: January 01, 2013, 08:53:12 am »
I started playing Batman: Arkham City tonight. Sad isn't it?  Started a new game on New Years Eve?  Anyway, it's good stuff so far. I like the there are the Catwoman sequences to shake things up.

*See Bolded*

Stop complaining...nothing wrong w/ a little pussy on New Year's Eve :P

*Again, before getting offended :) ==> Please see *Bolded*

8)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 05:03:06 pm by disgaeniac »

desocietas

« Reply #280 on: January 01, 2013, 04:58:29 pm »

*See Bolded*

Stop complainig...nothing wrong w/ a little pussy on New Year's Eve :P

8)

smh  ::) between you and soera and disgaeniac...  lol
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #281 on: January 01, 2013, 05:06:24 pm »

*See Bolded*

8)

;D

I actually had to look to see what "smh" was  :o

Are you shaking it up & down (in laughter) or side-to-side in bewilderment?! ;)

jcalder8

« Reply #282 on: January 01, 2013, 05:52:15 pm »
I'd say at least snag Dawnguard as it adds some new armor, crossbows and a little bit of story featuring the vampires and dawnguard hunter factions.

Personally I'll be getting all of it. And I'm pretty sure I'll be starting up a new campaign cause I really want to replay the assassin quest line again.
I will probably regret not getting it but I decided to pass since I just started the game. But after putting some more time in it today I think it will take over my life :D

foxhack

« Reply #283 on: January 01, 2013, 06:32:52 pm »
Yeah, the real reason is that the programming team at Bethesda is insanely incompetent and they just couldn't bother making the PS3 version properly, and as such they forgot to make DLC possible on it.
It's not that. It's that they keep track of so many things in the game (item positions, damage to places, NPCs, quests, etc.) that it becomes impossible for the game to work properly after a certain point. This is less because of the PS3 and more because their programmers are incompetent nitwits.

Try to get to the courthouse today. And visit Calendar Man!

soera

« Reply #284 on: January 01, 2013, 06:40:10 pm »

*See Bolded*

8)

;D

I actually had to look to see what "smh" was  :o

Are you shaking it up & down (in laughter) or side-to-side in bewilderment?! ;)

I think its up and down in agreement!