Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 504970 times)

desocietas

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #285 on: January 01, 2013, 07:58:45 pm »
I started playing Batman: Arkham City tonight. Sad isn't it?  Started a new game on New Years Eve?  Anyway, it's good stuff so far. I like the there are the Catwoman sequences to shake things up.

*See Bolded*

Stop complainig...nothing wrong w/ a little pussy on New Year's Eve :P

*Again, before getting offended :) ==> Please see *Bolded*

8)

smh  ::) between you and soera and disgaeniac...  lol

;D

I actually had to look to see what "smh" was  :o

Are you shaking it up & down (in laughter) or side-to-side in bewilderment?! ;)

I think its up and down in agreement!

lol suuuuuure, whatever helps you sleep at night  ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #286 on: January 01, 2013, 11:04:17 pm »
Downloaded the DLC for Skyrim and started playing it again. But I decided to just keep playing my main file. I've got like 40 some hours on him and I don't feel like starting from scratch. ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #287 on: January 01, 2013, 11:59:32 pm »
Started Lagrange Point yesterday, really enjoying it so far. I'm also very much enjoying the fact that if you die you get sent back to the last save point with your levels/money intact (it's not as broken as it sounds) - I wasn't expecting something that generous in a Famicom RPG :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #288 on: January 02, 2013, 12:18:32 am »
I just finished the Dragonborn expansion for Skyrim. Seemed VERY short. I completed the main-quest in one-day, today. And that's after getting sidetracked on quite a few sidequests, random exploring, and internet browsing.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #289 on: January 02, 2013, 10:33:23 am »
I started playing Batman: Arkham City tonight. Sad isn't it?  Started a new game on New Years Eve?  Anyway, it's good stuff so far. I like the there are the Catwoman sequences to shake things up.

*See Bolded*

Stop complainig...nothing wrong w/ a little pussy on New Year's Eve :P

*Again, before getting offended :) ==> Please see *Bolded*

8)

smh  ::) between you and soera and disgaeniac...  lol

;D

I actually had to look to see what "smh" was  :o

Are you shaking it up & down (in laughter) or side-to-side in bewilderment?! ;)

I think its up and down in agreement!

lol suuuuuure, whatever helps you sleep at night  ;)

Um...wth gave you the impression that I sleep at night (or at all:)  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jcalder8

« Reply #290 on: January 02, 2013, 10:38:46 am »
I just finished the Dragonborn expansion for Skyrim. Seemed VERY short. I completed the main-quest in one-day, today. And that's after getting sidetracked on quite a few sidequests, random exploring, and internet browsing.
After hearing how quickly you went through it I think I'm glad I didn't buy it.

ko1ru

« Reply #291 on: January 02, 2013, 11:21:21 am »

I also heard it was very short. 

I haven't had the chance to play Skyrim yet, but I did purchase the Hearthfire DLC for 200 M$ Points on the last day of their XBL sale.  My boyfriend has started to play the game, and it makes me want to play it even more...   :-\

darko

« Reply #292 on: January 02, 2013, 12:58:30 pm »
I've gone full game-crazy over the past week. I've got the following games going:

Fallout: New Vegas (about an hour in)
Killzone 2 (about half way through)
Shadow of the Colossus (on the 5th Colossi)
Heavy Rain (just starting chapter 2)
Rage (still messing around with it after beating it)

Will probably start in the next week:

Wolfenstien
Doom 3 BFG Edition
Resistance 2
ICO
Farcry 3 (still considering purchasing this)

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't go on a hiatus from gaming for 8 months.

scott

« Reply #293 on: January 02, 2013, 01:02:29 pm »
This, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't go on a hiatus from gaming for 8 months.

That reminds me of when I went RPG game crazy earlier this year. I had Chrono Trigger, Radiant Historia, Persona 3: FES and Borderlands 2 all going... and I never finished any of those play throughs... haha good luck.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #294 on: January 02, 2013, 01:07:46 pm »

I haven't had the chance to play Skyrim yet, but I did purchase the Hearthfire DLC for 200 M$ Points on the last day of their XBL sale.  My boyfriend has started to play the game, and it makes me want to play it even more...   :-\

Is there any questing actually in the Hearthfire expansion? The way the description sounded, it was nothing more than a house building and family building feature added to the game, which I'm not all that interested in. However, if there was a good questline in there somewhere, I might think about it.

darko

« Reply #295 on: January 02, 2013, 01:15:23 pm »

That reminds me of when I went RPG game crazy earlier this year. I had Chrono Trigger, Radiant Historia, Persona 3: FES and Borderlands 2 all going... and I never finished any of those play throughs... haha good luck.

I'm not too worried about finishing the FPS entries. None of them should take more than 12ish hours to beat. Rage is already done and I could probably sit down and beat SotC in 5-6 hours. New Vegas is going to be a random distraction now and then...I'll probably play it now and then over the next several months.

I'm notorious for never finishing anything, so yeah, you're probably right. It sounds good when I say I'm going to beat them all though :)

ko1ru

« Reply #296 on: January 02, 2013, 01:16:22 pm »

Is there any questing actually in the Hearthfire expansion? The way the description sounded, it was nothing more than a house building and family building feature added to the game, which I'm not all that interested in. However, if there was a good questline in there somewhere, I might think about it.

Nah, it's nothing too terribly special, just the ability to build a house, farm, etc.  I bought it, and not the other DLC content, because I only had 260 M$ Points.  :P

scott

« Reply #297 on: January 02, 2013, 01:16:52 pm »
I bought it for the house building stuff, not gonna lie. There is no quest line, but in my original house in Whiterun, I had that sucker all decked out with my trophies from quests. All my Assassination trinkets, Cicero's clothes a book on the Dark Brotherhood, and my contract notes. I also had a bunch of fancy weapons in racks and bookshelves filled with books and spellbooks I randomly stole from different places.

It was sweet.

ko1ru

« Reply #298 on: January 02, 2013, 01:19:39 pm »
I bought it for the house building stuff, not gonna lie. There is no quest line, but in my original house in Whiterun, I had that sucker all decked out with my trophies from quests. All my Assassination trinkets, Cicero's clothes a book on the Dark Brotherhood, and my contract notes. I also had a bunch of fancy weapons in racks and bookshelves filled with books and spellbooks I randomly stole from different places.

It was sweet.

Nice!   :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #299 on: January 02, 2013, 01:29:10 pm »
I've gone full game-crazy over the past week. I've got the following games going:

Fallout: New Vegas (about an hour in)
Killzone 2 (about half way through)
Shadow of the Colossus (on the 5th Colossi)
Heavy Rain (just starting chapter 2)
Rage (still messing around with it after beating it)

Will probably start in the next week:

Wolfenstien
Doom 3 BFG Edition
Resistance 2
ICO
Farcry 3 (still considering purchasing this)

So...I'm assuming that you finished up your recent Chrono Trigger run-through on the DS, then?

I'm getting there :)

I'm on the Black Omen (side-quest that I saved for the last side-quest)...DAMNIT!

...If I could just get a few *CONSECUTIVE* hours to play...I'm thinking that I could finally finish it & move on to something else  :-\
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"