Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 505136 times)

darko

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #300 on: January 02, 2013, 01:56:10 pm »
So...I'm assuming that you finished up your recent Chrono Trigger run-through on the DS, then?

I'm getting there :)

I'm on the Black Omen (side-quest that I saved for the last side-quest)...DAMNIT!

...If I could just get a few *CONSECUTIVE* hours to play...I'm thinking that I could finally finish it & move on to something else  :-\

Ha. Weeeeeelllll...nope, I didn't finish it. I got about 75% through and started playing 999. I have completed it 4ish times though.

desocietas

« Reply #301 on: January 02, 2013, 05:18:54 pm »
So...I'm assuming that you finished up your recent Chrono Trigger run-through on the DS, then?

I'm getting there :)

I'm on the Black Omen (side-quest that I saved for the last side-quest)...DAMNIT!

...If I could just get a few *CONSECUTIVE* hours to play...I'm thinking that I could finally finish it & move on to something else  :-\

Ha. Weeeeeelllll...nope, I didn't finish it. I got about 75% through and started playing 999. I have completed it 4ish times though.

I put in 999 again the other day to try to pick up from where I started and get the "good" ending finally, or at least the last 1 or 2 "bad" endings.  But I'm in the kitchen room and don't remember how to get ouuuuutttt   :-[  I remember what happens, but I just don't remember how to get to that point.  I'll figure it out eventually, but for now I decided to restart Radiant Historia.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #302 on: January 02, 2013, 08:18:29 pm »
Ive had a really good gaming couple of days. Nintendo Age has a thing every year where they see if members can finish every game in the current year. I really didnt get after it last year like I wanted to and the few games I did beat, someone got to them before I did. So this year, I started good. Already beat Dragon Warrior, Metroid, and Bionic Commando. In a couple hours (after one of my favorite shows goes off), Im going to crack into Final fantasy then Rygar then either Battle of Olympus or Gargoyle's quest or Faria. Ive never finished the last two so I may go for one of those then Ill end it off in a Destiny of an Emperor play through!

jcalder8

« Reply #303 on: January 03, 2013, 12:08:57 am »
So I am still playing Skyrim but now I have my son hooked on watching me play. He actually wanted to watch me play it today more than he wanted to play a game himself, that's the first time that has happened!

scott

« Reply #304 on: January 03, 2013, 12:42:44 am »
Has he seen you fight a dragon yet?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #305 on: January 03, 2013, 12:46:12 am »
Not yet, so far I have only fought one myself and he was asleep for that part. I am also way too weak to survive on my own lol

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #306 on: January 04, 2013, 12:19:23 pm »
So, I just beat Chrono Trigger (w/ the 'best' ending) & I'm now debating doing some NG+ to see some of the other endings...or simply moving on to something else...Hmm
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #307 on: January 04, 2013, 12:28:13 pm »
I'm playing Ragnarok Online 2! :D

scott

« Reply #308 on: January 04, 2013, 12:38:00 pm »
Not yet, so far I have only fought one myself and he was asleep for that part. I am also way too weak to survive on my own lol

Yeah, I got jumped by a Frost Dragon while heading someplace the other day. I had a Brotherhood Assassin companion, my Spectral Assassin spell active and Shadowmere. And it almost smoked me, I ended up drinking a ton of potions to survive.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #309 on: January 04, 2013, 12:45:13 pm »
I'm playing Ragnarok Online 2! :D

How are you liking that?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #310 on: January 04, 2013, 01:18:19 pm »
I picked up Crimson Shroud the other night but haven't been able to put too much time into it yet.  I'm usually wary of download-only games, usually because the lack of a physical copy usually 1) causes me to forget that I own it and then never play it (or -gasp- repurchase it on a different platform) and 2) makes me stress about the lifespan of a particular console and how long the title will actually be available to me.

However! It's a pretty nice looking game visually, and I've always wanted to do the tabletop RPG thing.  The few rooms I've played so far have been good and the storyline is already compelling.  @Scott, have you looked into this game at all?  Anyone else purchase it/interested in it?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #311 on: January 04, 2013, 01:38:55 pm »
Hmm it's like a tabletop RPG? I've never heard of the game, but I may need to check it out.

Speaking of Tabletop RPGs. I'm starting up playing Pathfinder again tonight, after a month hiatus. I'm super stoked. ha

desocietas

« Reply #312 on: January 04, 2013, 01:52:50 pm »
Hmm it's like a tabletop RPG? I've never heard of the game, but I may need to check it out.

Yah, I'd never heard of it either, but Penny Arcade dedicated a whole strip to it, which got me curious.  The same thing happened with Puzzle Quest, and I devoured that title as soon as I could.

Speaking of Tabletop RPGs. I'm starting up playing Pathfinder again tonight, after a month hiatus. I'm super stoked. ha

Strange to say, I wish I had dorkier friends - ones who are into Tabletop RPGing!  It's too much of an investment for me to take on myself...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #313 on: January 04, 2013, 02:09:15 pm »

Strange to say, I wish I had dorkier friends - ones who are into Tabletop RPGing!  It's too much of an investment for me to take on myself...

We haven't actually played on a tabletop in a while. We started playing on roll20.net now a days and have an old WoW buddy playing with us, while we all are on a conference call via Skype. It's nice, cause then we have another person playing. But it kinda sucks cause we aren't all hanging out in person... and my minis don't get used ( :( ). Not sure, but if you wanted to try it out, you could prolly hop in our game and see how you like it.

soera

« Reply #314 on: January 04, 2013, 02:23:24 pm »
Back in 96-97, I used to work nights at a warehouse ... apparently there were a ton of "dorks" there cause D&D ended up coming up in a conversation. 2-3 months later after some planning, we had a room almost like the knights of the round table with about a dozen of us in there hashing out some damage! It was a blast. I havent done tabletop since however. :(

As far as what Im playing now ... I am trying to continue on the task to put as many games on that NA list as possible. First I tried FF but forgot how unfinished the NES one was compared to the PS1 version. 20 minutes later I had to turn it off. Someone beat me to Gargoyle's Quest so I popped in Faria. Its actually kind of fun. Outside of battles it looks like what DW does. But in battles and in the dungeons it has a Zelda feel. Dungeons are a nightmare without a physical map though so Im going to try to get a copy of one made. Im probably going to put in Rygar until I get that map. On top of all that, Im almost done with FFVI. I already cleared out 2 of the 3 goddesses in Kefka's tower. I could probably beat it now but I want to gain a bit more Esper power.