Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 504930 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #315 on: January 04, 2013, 02:31:33 pm »
I picked up Crimson Shroud the other night but haven't been able to put too much time into it yet.  I'm usually wary of download-only games, usually because the lack of a physical copy usually 1) causes me to forget that I own it and then never play it (or -gasp- repurchase it on a different platform) and 2) makes me stress about the lifespan of a particular console and how long the title will actually be available to me.

However! It's a pretty nice looking game visually, and I've always wanted to do the tabletop RPG thing.  The few rooms I've played so far have been good and the storyline is already compelling.  @Scott, have you looked into this game at all?  Anyone else purchase it/interested in it?

Who's your new avatar; Desocietas?

I approve  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jcalder8

« Reply #316 on: January 04, 2013, 02:32:14 pm »
I picked up Crimson Shroud the other night but haven't been able to put too much time into it yet.  I'm usually wary of download-only games, usually because the lack of a physical copy usually 1) causes me to forget that I own it and then never play it (or -gasp- repurchase it on a different platform) and 2) makes me stress about the lifespan of a particular console and how long the title will actually be available to me.

However! It's a pretty nice looking game visually, and I've always wanted to do the tabletop RPG thing.  The few rooms I've played so far have been good and the storyline is already compelling.  @Scott, have you looked into this game at all?  Anyone else purchase it/interested in it?
I've never bought anything virtual from Nintendo before but this might change that.

Thanks for the heads up

desocietas

« Reply #317 on: January 04, 2013, 02:52:49 pm »
I've never bought anything virtual from Nintendo before but this might change that.

Thanks for the heads up

Might not be for everyone (the metacritic reviews are up and down), but the concept was enough for me to throw Level-5 a few bones (not really that hard).  It's unfortunate that the eShop never has sales!  I think they've maybe had like one sale ever :\
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #318 on: January 04, 2013, 05:05:09 pm »
Who's your new avatar; Desocietas?

I approve  ;)

Haha, I figure you'd be quick to notice, disgaeniac ;)

The girl is Frea from Crimson Shroud... Haven't been playing Code of Princess (the game the last avatar was from), so I thought it was time to change it to one of the current now-playing games.

I've been looking at your avatar for some time now... what exactly is going on there?  :o
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #319 on: January 04, 2013, 05:12:10 pm »
I've been looking at your avatar for some time now... what exactly is going on there?  :o

She is obviously carrying a couple of large melons.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #320 on: January 04, 2013, 05:18:30 pm »

Hah...no :P

She (in the spirit of the "disgaeniac":) is just a pic. of one of the healing-classes from the Disgaea games  :o

scott

« Reply #321 on: January 04, 2013, 05:29:42 pm »
I need to play me some Disgaea!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #322 on: January 04, 2013, 05:38:00 pm »

*Really*, Scott - you've never played any of the Disgaea games?

If graphics aren't overly important...I'd suggest playing the 1st one (Hour of Darkness) on the PS2 - if you don't like the mechanics/story/humor in it...you probably won't like it in any of the other ones.

Not only that, but there's also both PSP & DS-versions (although, I don't think it's much of a "pick-up-and-play a few minutes here & there" type of game, either).

Lastly, the PS2 one shouldn't be expensive and/or hard to find at all :)

scott

« Reply #323 on: January 04, 2013, 05:55:08 pm »

If graphics aren't overly important...I'd suggest playing the 1st one (Hour of Darkness) on the PS2 - if you don't like the mechanics/story/humor in it...you probably won't like it in any of the other ones.

Not only that, but there's also both PSP & DS-versions (although, I don't think it's much of a "pick-up-and-play a few minutes here & there" type of game, either).

Nope, I think we talked about it at some point. I have them all on my wishlist and was holding off on buying them until I found out what all the PS2 games I was getting for the arcade cab were. I got all the games, but the Disgaea games weren't among them.

I was planning on getting the PS2 original versions over the remakes anyway.

The only related game I have (I think) is Prinny for PSP. Which I thought was pretty sweet, and I need to get the 2nd one too.

desocietas

« Reply #324 on: January 04, 2013, 06:12:54 pm »

flesh-colored melons, yes.

I own at least one of them, I think... I remember playing the first one for a bit and really liking it, but SRPGS take so much time to learn that, if I'm not in the mood, I just don't have the patience to learn everything.  I loved the humor and style though, so it's always been one of those titles that I feel obligated to come back to.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 06:14:47 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #325 on: January 04, 2013, 06:17:52 pm »
Since Scott mentioned "Prinnies" - I just changed my avatar to one w/ some Prinny :)

soera

« Reply #326 on: January 04, 2013, 10:04:24 pm »

flesh-colored melons, yes.

Is there really any other kind?  8)

madmax

« Reply #327 on: January 04, 2013, 10:09:04 pm »
I just finished Far Cry 3 over the break. I liked it a lot. It was simple, beautiful and let me do whatever I wanted.

I'm about 40% through Assassin's Creed 3 right now.

jcalder8

« Reply #328 on: January 06, 2013, 01:48:27 pm »
Taking a bit of a break from Skyrim I am playing through the Attitude Era on WWE 13. Since this was when I was into wrestling I am really enjoying it but I like the gameplay to Fire Pro games more.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #329 on: January 06, 2013, 01:56:22 pm »
Taking a bit of a break from Skyrim I am playing through the Attitude Era on WWE 13. Since this was when I was into wrestling I am really enjoying it but I like the gameplay to Fire Pro games more.

I got that one for Christmas but haven't played it other than testing it out in an exhibition match. The computer owned me. That was the best era in wrestling history, and not only the WWF, WCW was awesome at that time too with the nWo, Goldberg, Jericho, and Sting.

I was playing the Dragonborn expansion for Skyrim (which the main-quest is criminally short), and am now playing through Legend of Legaia on PS1. It was one of my favorite JRPGs back in the day, and I'm finding that it still holds up well today. I'm enjoying it a lot.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 01:59:11 pm by burningdoom »