Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 511993 times)

ko1ru

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #465 on: March 05, 2013, 11:51:47 am »
Ya, I had the hardest time with the blade wall and the final boss fight of the DLC, I also had trouble with the Orlox fight and needing to . Which is funny, because I smoked Satan and the Colos... err "Titans". And once you get the path down, getting the Titans down in the time limit is a cake walk.

Yeah, I had minimal trouble with the trials from the core game... but that blade wall?  Fuck that!  >:(
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:54:43 am by ko1ru »

scott

« Reply #466 on: March 05, 2013, 01:32:14 pm »
I hope to god that Chupcabras are not in Mirror of Fate... I fucking hate those guys. ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

ko1ru

« Reply #467 on: March 05, 2013, 01:55:36 pm »
I hope to god that Chupcabras are not in Mirror of Fate... I fucking hate those guys. ha

Oh, the Chupacabras.  So annoying.  Did you know Kojima himself "voiced" (er, did the sound for) them?  :P

scott

« Reply #468 on: March 05, 2013, 02:30:35 pm »
ha, no I didn't. That's interesting. But please, no chupacabras. No, no no, no, no no no, oh god no.

jcalder8

« Reply #469 on: March 05, 2013, 07:43:27 pm »
I have started to play DiRT 2 after getting it on XBLA. It feels a lot like the first one which is a good thing. But I still suck at driving games so that works against me.

« Reply #470 on: March 09, 2013, 03:03:43 pm »
Started up Star Ocean: The Last Hope International last night. I've only put a few hours in, but my feelings about it are pretty mixed so far. Really muddy textures, virtually no draw distance, heavy aliasing all over the place, and characters are just slightly a cut above the creepy looking ones in Infinite Undiscovery.

I'm getting into it a bit more as I play it, since combat and exploration are pretty solid, but I can't help wondering what the hell happened to tri-Ace. They did an amazing job with stuff like Valkyrie Profile 2 and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, and this gen, it's like they have absolutely no idea what they're doing.

Think I'll get back to Gravity Rush, too. I really love that game, but put it on hold when Persona 4: Golden came out, and I'd really like to finish it.

scott

« Reply #471 on: March 09, 2013, 04:08:16 pm »
Castlevania LOS: Mirror of Fate. Its pretty good, but I wish you could move with the Dpad, the Circle Pad seems kinda iffy sometimes.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #472 on: March 11, 2013, 04:42:44 pm »
I just finished & platinumed Atelier Rorona.

For what widely seems to be considered the lowest point of the Arland trilogy of games...I thought that it was pretty decent (IMHO = ~7/10).

At any rate, if that was the "worst" in the series...I'm expecting to *Really* enjoy playing Atelier Totori (which I'll be getting right into, either later tonight or tomorrow) -and- just in case none of ya' noticed...I already updated my vgcollect avatar from a "Rorona" one to a "Totori" one  8)

This is why I like waiting to play some series *after* they've all been released already, and I have them all (I also have Atelier Meruru (the 3rd & last game in the trilogy))...so I can play them chronologically, at whatever pace I want, and w/o having to *wait* for the next game to get made/finished  ;)

Has anybody else here ever played any of the "Atelier" games on any systems?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #473 on: March 11, 2013, 05:05:44 pm »
My buddy talked me and my cousin into playing Ultima Online again. We're currently playing on the UO Evolution free shard. It's pretty sweet, and they have a ton of custom mobs and other stuff built in. Played it all day yesterday, good times.

« Reply #474 on: March 12, 2013, 02:17:36 am »
I'm currently playing through Shining Ark (PSP); it's a really beautiful game and good fun too! I uploaded a few screenshots here if anyone wants to see.

scott

« Reply #475 on: March 12, 2013, 08:37:01 am »
Man... I would love for that to get a US release... but I doubt we'd get it. Is the PSP region free? I can't remember, if so, I just hope for a physical ENGLISH LANGUAGE version, so I can play it. ha

« Reply #476 on: March 12, 2013, 11:41:22 am »
The PSP is region free, so the only barrier is language :)

« Reply #477 on: March 13, 2013, 06:02:32 pm »
I have to take back what I said on Star Ocean: The Last Hope a bit. The first handful of hours give off a horrible first impression, but the game improves dramatically after that, and now I'm in derpy love with it. Reminds me a little of Granstream Saga, oddly enough.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #478 on: March 15, 2013, 09:18:48 pm »

I'm about to start Final Fantasy VI on FF Anthology for PS1. I keep hearing how incredibly amazing the game is. Hope it lives up to the hype.

« Reply #479 on: March 15, 2013, 09:21:16 pm »
As far as I'm concerned, FFVI is the best Final Fantasy game ever made. I think I still have an irrational Celes crush because dat 16-bit ass.