Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 512073 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #540 on: April 27, 2013, 05:16:26 pm »
Started in on Rayman Origins yesterday. It's pretty crazy. Love the music in it.

Fantastic game that rates up there with the Sonic and Mario platformers, IMO. The way the gameplay and music combine is great.

« Reply #541 on: April 27, 2013, 08:42:25 pm »
Finished 3d Dot Game Heroes, hooray.

On to Sniper Elite V2.

It's... not good, I don't think, but a lot of fun.

It's like the dev team got together and was like, "You know what's awesome?  SNIPERS!"  then called lunch and that was it.

It's an excuse to snipe a bunch of stuff, and at least they make you correct for drop and wind and stuff, so that's kinda cool.  And occasionally you can shoot when there is a loud noise to mask the sound of the gun. 

A bunch of concepts/mechanics that are pretty cool, but not really a compelling story to speak of.  But hey, I'm only three levels in, so let's see where it goes.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #542 on: April 27, 2013, 09:21:46 pm »
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on DS. I'm just about to go to the Temple of the Ocean King for the final time and fight the final boss.

soera

« Reply #543 on: April 28, 2013, 12:10:00 am »
I wanted to hang out with my son for a little while last night so we went into the game room and I let him pick a few games. First he grabbed Rescue rangers ... which isnt horrible. Then he picked Sunday funday and I was leery of it at first. We played the skateboarding part first and it was ehhh then he wanted to try fishfall. Well, its a horrible game ... but I was doing great. Never lost a round. Ended up beating the whole damned game, lol.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #544 on: April 28, 2013, 10:14:41 pm »
Whenever I can sneak away, I've been playing Assassin's Creed 3.  I love this series, and this one is no let down. 
Tonight, The Boy and I started playing Luigi's Mansion on GameCube.  We had a blast.  He likes to play until we run into a ghost.  Then he throws me the control to catch the ghost. 
So, right now I'm playing: Luigi's Mansion on 3DS, Luigi's Mansion on GC, Skylanders Giants on Wii U, and AC 3 on Xbox.  I really need to finish some of these games.

« Reply #545 on: April 29, 2013, 11:32:01 am »
I've been playing a lot of Xuan Dou zhi Wang this past week or so and having a great time with it :D

Apologies for the self promotion, but as I just wrote a blog post about it and I don't think most people will know what it is here's a bit of an explanation - link!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #546 on: April 29, 2013, 12:04:20 pm »
I've been playing a lot of Xuan Dou zhi Wang this past week or so and having a great time with it :D

Apologies for the self promotion, but as I just wrote a blog post about it and I don't think most people will know what it is here's a bit of an explanation - link!

I don't mind shameless self-promotion...as long as it's promoting to a site as nice as yours is, Kimimi :)

btw - I hadn't noticed your "translations" section before - very, very nice indeed!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #547 on: April 29, 2013, 12:13:36 pm »
Thank you but I'm still a bit self-conscious about my blog :D

The translations really aren't anything special (or particularly good), I'm just trying to help people out a little :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #548 on: April 29, 2013, 12:17:56 pm »
Thank you but I'm still a bit self-conscious about my blog :D

I can't imagine why - it's pretty damned close to looking professional, IMHO  8)

Btw - How's it going with/are you still doing any more art?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #549 on: April 29, 2013, 12:23:54 pm »
Nah, my posts are pretty short and not about anything that draws in hits; I'm not really professional material!  ;D

I haven't had the chance to draw for a while now, I've just not had the time to sit down and stop.

« Reply #550 on: May 06, 2013, 12:06:59 pm »
I've started playing Dracula X Chronicles again. Haven't played since it came out. Still hard.
I recently picked up cool little red Gameboy Pocket and I've been playing The Castlevania Adventure on that. Still hard.  ;D
I make music.
I'm really cool, you should tell your friends about me :P

https://soundcloud.com/torvez

scott

« Reply #551 on: May 06, 2013, 03:54:22 pm »
Dracula X Chronicles is so good. I never beat the remake version, but that's because I started playing the original version as soon as it was unlocked.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #552 on: May 06, 2013, 11:03:49 pm »
Yeah, it's alot of fun. When I bought it 6 years ago I was thinking it was going to have a way to select the other titles on it, like a sonic mega collection type deal.
Kind of a bummer for me when I found out you had to unlock them, I wanted to play SoTN so bad! lol
I make music.
I'm really cool, you should tell your friends about me :P

https://soundcloud.com/torvez

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #553 on: May 13, 2013, 01:11:56 pm »

Playing through Champions: Return to Arms on PS2. Obviously I'm playing it alone in 2013, not linked in online play.

Very similar to the first game, which isn't a bad thing. I like my hack-n-slash action-RPGs. And this one follows in the same vein as the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance series.

However, the story feels very generic and not intriguing at all. Not that story is usually a huge factor in these sort of games, but this one really doesn't try at all. You have this hub that you enter areas from where there's this mage-chick that tells you you're her champion and you're fighting on her behalf. Pretty dull stuff. At least the first game took place on a singular world where you traveled to different areas because it had to do with an actual plot.

But the gameplay makes up for it. So far, Champions of Norrath is the better game of the two. But I'm not all that far into it, so we'll see how this goes.

thomascozine

« Reply #554 on: May 13, 2013, 07:48:43 pm »
My girlfriend and I have been playing Super Mario World. We try to stream it every weekend. Usually, Sunday here: http://www.livestream.com/thomascozine.

I upload every vid in an unlisted playlist to my YouTube account here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXEhW6JAdSk&feature=share&list=PLKtghYbCv4wk32YqUaQ-hyAiE-EEBZN0_

We're up to the Forest of Illusion.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:51:54 pm by thomascozine »