Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 511556 times)

soera

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #555 on: May 13, 2013, 08:42:06 pm »

Playing through Champions: Return to Arms on PS2. Obviously I'm playing it alone in 2013, not linked in online play.

Very similar to the first game, which isn't a bad thing. I like my hack-n-slash action-RPGs. And this one follows in the same vein as the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance series.

However, the story feels very generic and not intriguing at all. Not that story is usually a huge factor in these sort of games, but this one really doesn't try at all. You have this hub that you enter areas from where there's this mage-chick that tells you you're her champion and you're fighting on her behalf. Pretty dull stuff. At least the first game took place on a singular world where you traveled to different areas because it had to do with an actual plot.

But the gameplay makes up for it. So far, Champions of Norrath is the better game of the two. But I'm not all that far into it, so we'll see how this goes.

Both this one and the first are based of the Everquest world. The mage chick is Firiona Vie : http://everquest.wikia.com/wiki/Firiona_Vie. I actually have a limited edition bust of her on my desk. I actually started playing it with a buddy of mine who is my hack-n-slash partner but we havent had a chance to get too far into it yet.

sin2beta

« Reply #556 on: May 15, 2013, 11:19:32 pm »
I'm currently playing Tron Evolution on the 360. I bought it mega cheap during the amazon black friday sale. I'm a huge fan of Tron and Tron Legacy so wanted to play through this game. Heard it was bad. And I don't want to say it is great. But it's not bad. Just a whole lot of mediocre. But the fact that it is Tron makes it all kinds of awesome for me.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #557 on: May 15, 2013, 11:41:37 pm »
I've finally restarted Zero no Kiseki and enjoying it a lot more this time around, I think last time I just wasn't in the right frame of mind for it.

soera

« Reply #558 on: May 16, 2013, 02:54:49 pm »
Well, I know I posted a while back asking for what I should play ... and I made a choice. Kingdoms of Amalur. The game is pretty cool. Its like Skyrim as far as huge map, playstyle, etc. It also has a lot of options on how you want to raise up your character and what not. Just make sure you save a lot ...

brunauss

« Reply #559 on: May 16, 2013, 09:40:37 pm »
Comparison game play of the first Iron Movie on both Wii and Xbox360. Believe it or not there is a big difference and the environments vary just as much on this title. The Wii version has you fight your way out of the cave in the beginning and the Xbox360 version jumps right to him exiting the cave, as an example. Tempted to make a text game journal of this experience. I knew differences existed between the platforms, but this is a lot of difference.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:42:16 pm by brunauss »
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #560 on: May 16, 2013, 10:47:35 pm »
Comparison game play of the first Iron Movie on both Wii and Xbox360. Believe it or not there is a big difference and the environments vary just as much on this title. The Wii version has you fight your way out of the cave in the beginning and the Xbox360 version jumps right to him exiting the cave, as an example. Tempted to make a text game journal of this experience. I knew differences existed between the platforms, but this is a lot of difference.

There's also a PS2 version, which I have. It's been a long time since I've played it, though. Now I'm curious. I'm gonna have to play through the first level and see if I have the cave on it or not.

foxhack

« Reply #561 on: May 16, 2013, 11:35:24 pm »
You mean Iron Man? The Wii/PS2 and 360 versions had different devs, I think. This happens quite a lot. Check out Ghostbusters!

brunauss

« Reply #562 on: May 17, 2013, 02:37:56 am »
You mean Iron Man? The Wii/PS2 and 360 versions had different devs, I think. This happens quite a lot. Check out Ghostbusters!

Got both platform versions of that one too.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

scott

« Reply #563 on: May 27, 2013, 05:25:11 pm »
Warcraft: Orcs And Humans. I've never played it before, since my first game in the series was WarCraft II. Its pretty dated and I'm running it via DOSbox. But hey at least I finally got to use my disc for something.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #564 on: May 28, 2013, 09:17:24 am »
Just finished playing the "Arland" trilogy of Atelier games on the PS3 & 100%-ing/platinuming all 3...lots of fun :)

Gonna start Atelier Ayesha next (another Atelier game), but the 1st PS3 one not to be a part of the Arland trilogy.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #565 on: May 28, 2013, 10:57:15 am »
Played a little bit of Card Hunter, a free to play browser game that's trying to mimic a tabletop rpg with the little gridded map and miniatures.  But the battles involve cards (which then lead to dice rolls?).

All in all, pretty well done and worth a look into signing up for a beta invite (took me a while to get one, though, so just be patient).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #566 on: May 28, 2013, 10:09:57 pm »
tekken tag 2

« Reply #567 on: May 29, 2013, 11:16:23 pm »
Finished Infamous, now working on Mirror's Edge.

jcalder8

« Reply #568 on: May 30, 2013, 01:08:10 am »
I loved Mirror's Edge

scott

« Reply #569 on: May 30, 2013, 09:32:13 am »
I loved Mirror's Edge

Same here. I need to finish it eventually.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread