Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 505050 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #600 on: June 05, 2013, 08:07:55 pm »
I played the hell out of that game. Ran a female Twi'lek Sith Assassin tank.

Female Human Sith Marauder myself. Pure DPS :)

scott

« Reply #601 on: June 05, 2013, 11:11:41 pm »
Ha nice. I tended to play Tanky types after my one cousin quit MMOs. Before that I was usually a healer.

Also, I started up Persona 3 FES again. This time on my PS2 on the CRT!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #602 on: June 06, 2013, 11:54:43 am »
Mmm... Persona 3. I still think, from a purely subjective/fun perspective, that P3 is about 10 times better than Persona 4.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #603 on: June 06, 2013, 12:10:06 pm »
Mmm... Persona 3. I still think, from a purely subjective/fun perspective, that P3 is about 10 times better than Persona 4.

What about it do you like so much better than P4?

Just curious  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #604 on: June 07, 2013, 12:33:48 pm »

I feel the same way.  Not sure if I just didn't care for the glasses in 4 or the story/characters seemed to be better in 3 or the fact that PS3 was SO different from anything I'd played up until that point...  With 4, I didn't think there was much more they could do to surprise me.  Some of the bits of the storyline were pretty hilarious in 4, though, like the bathhouse stuff.

Closing in on the 100% completion mark on Picross 3D for NDS. Crazy addicted at the moment...

I haven't completed it yet but I, too, can vouch for how addictive that game can be...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 12:38:15 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #605 on: June 12, 2013, 08:45:51 pm »
I finally got around to trying out Lost in Shadow. I'm not very far into the game, but the concept is amazing. The puzzle solving is fun. And, it looks pretty for a Wii game.
I'm looking forward to getting more time with it. Now I just have to finish Assassins Creed III. 

On the handheld front, I'm playing Donkey Kong 3DS. Awesome 2D-ish platformer. It's a lot harder than I expected though. Games are easier nowadays, and I usually walk through these games with ease. Not this time. I'm having to try a few times on some levels. I like it. It's nice to not just blow through a $40 game.

« Reply #606 on: June 12, 2013, 09:02:07 pm »
What about it do you like so much better than P4?

Just curious  :o

It's hard to say in some respects, but overall, I just really preferred the story, characters, and atmosphere. The dungeons and combat system are admittedly improved in Persona 4, though.

soera

« Reply #607 on: June 14, 2013, 12:25:35 am »
Started playing Golden axe warrior. My god, if anything is a Zelda 1 clone, its this game. Its a hell of a lot harder though. Ive been playing for hours now and just beat the first dungeon. I am playing the way it was when it was released : no internet, no looking up walkthroughs or anything. Game can be pretty frustrating. It definitely doesnt take much to die!

sin2beta

« Reply #608 on: June 14, 2013, 12:35:31 am »
Started playing Golden axe warrior. My god, if anything is a Zelda 1 clone, its this game. Its a hell of a lot harder though. Ive been playing for hours now and just beat the first dungeon. I am playing the way it was when it was released : no internet, no looking up walkthroughs or anything. Game can be pretty frustrating. It definitely doesnt take much to die!

Golden Axe: Ax Battler is a Zelda 2 clone just as much as Golden Axe warrior is a Zelda 1 clone. I always found that fascinating for some reason.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #609 on: June 14, 2013, 08:57:41 am »

Which one are you playing - the PS3 one?

htimreimer

« Reply #610 on: June 14, 2013, 09:21:30 am »
other than difficulty, does it do anything different gameplay wise or is it just a carbon copy of zelda with the golden axe brand slapped on it
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:24:58 am by htimreimer »

soera

« Reply #611 on: June 14, 2013, 09:37:56 am »

Yeah. I have the actual one but its easier to play the PS3 one in my living room. :)

soera

« Reply #612 on: June 14, 2013, 09:40:14 am »
other than difficulty, does it do anything different gameplay wise or is it just a carbon copy of zelda with the golden axe brand slapped on it

Its not an exact copy ... you can use axes as well as swords, there is magic and a few other minor things but it really is pretty much just like Zelda.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #613 on: June 14, 2013, 10:11:00 am »

Yeah. I have the actual one but its easier to play the PS3 one in my living room. :)

How's it look?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #614 on: June 14, 2013, 11:23:05 am »

Its not an exact copy ... you can use axes as well as swords, there is magic and a few other minor things but it really is pretty much just like Zelda.

Neutopia on TG-16 felt even more like a Zelda clone than Golden Axe: Warrior, to me; if you can believe it.