Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 504917 times)

desocietas

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #735 on: October 21, 2013, 11:26:11 am »
Are you playing the 3DS one or the original?

Out of town this weekend to see Atoms for Peace (saw them last night), so I thought it best to bring alone the DS Lite instead of the 3DS (damn that battery life) while I waited in line.  Put in a little more grinding time with Etrian Odyssey... determined to avoid the newfangled "improved" version.

I have both, but opted for 3DS, since it's been pretty cold at night and I've been feeling the desire to transform into a blanket monster after I get home from work. I'm not sure what (if any) differences exist, though the framerate drops pretty badly on some sections of the world map, especially if there are a lot of trees. The 3D effect works pretty well for it overall, though it's a little disorienting during combat, so I usually switch it on during towns and in-game cutscenes.

Thinking on it now though, I'm sure part of the sloggy feeling of it is that I've had little time during weekends to play, so I've had to hit 2-3 hour segments during the week. Takes forever to make any progress that way, but I keep getting delayed. Like with this weekend, I had a friend's birthday on Friday, which involved a lot of champagne, trying to hit on a friend of mine and babbling drunkenly about Pacific Rim and cunnilingus (idek), and a nasty hangover in the morning, and by the time my head stopped splitting around 3pm, I had to get ready to go meet people for dinner and go to see Goblin and Secret Chiefs play. Now I've gotta do laundry and clean up the house, so by the time dinner time hits, I'll be lucky to get a handful of gaming hours in. Gah!

#itotallyfeelyoubro #firstworldproblems  but still!  not enough time to be a partially functioning adult and play our damn video games!

Also, good to know about the 3DS version.  I haven't picked it up yet because I figured I'd wait for a nice heavy price drop.  I have the original, so not all is lost if I never pick it up.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #736 on: October 21, 2013, 04:29:04 pm »
I've been bouncing back into Borderlands 2 here and there thanks to the currently running loot contest....  I've found it to be a great motivation to play the game every day!

« Reply #737 on: October 21, 2013, 04:57:07 pm »
#itotallyfeelyoubro #firstworldproblems  but still!  not enough time to be a partially functioning adult and play our damn video games!

Also, good to know about the 3DS version.  I haven't picked it up yet because I figured I'd wait for a nice heavy price drop.  I have the original, so not all is lost if I never pick it up.

Yeah, I wound up watching Pacific Rim last night instead of gaming. Still good even after the 2nd viewing!

I nabbed the 3DS one mainly because, even tho I had it on PS2, I figured it might offer a different enough experience to be worthwhile, and at the time, there really weren't that many games on the system. So I basically had that, Devil Survivor Overclocked, and nothing else :p

scott

« Reply #738 on: November 04, 2013, 01:08:10 pm »
I started up a marathon play through of the console Killzone games in preparation for Killzone: Shadow Fall. Sadly I need to play my PS2 disc of Killzone 1 on my PS3 since it's so scratched up that the PS2 is having trouble reading the disc. But I'm digging it so far, definitely going to buy a different copy eventually though...

It's strange. The PS2 takes forever to load in the textures and most of the Helghast are running around without heads or arms or legs. Or the scenery isn't loading up properly. But the PS3 loads everything flawlessly even with all the scratches.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #739 on: November 04, 2013, 02:12:09 pm »
I started playing Dead Island this past weekend.  The Boy was at my inlaws' so Daddy got to play a grown up game. I think I bought it a year ago for something like $10.  It was still sealed sitting on my shelf.  I almost started playing Borderlands 2  again, but grabbed this instead. 

This is actually a lot of fun. I'm having a blast with it.  I like the mods you can do to weapongs.  I made an electric machete last night.  How awesome is that.  It's first person, but is very geared toward melee combat.  I like it.  I'll go as far as to give it a thumbs up.  This game is good.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #740 on: November 04, 2013, 02:22:31 pm »
I'm still playing the Hell outta' Disgaea D2 -but- w/ The Guided Fate Paradox arriving today...for the 1st time in my life...I'm finding myself feeling like hurrying up/rushing through the end of a Disgaea game  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #741 on: November 04, 2013, 02:23:54 pm »
I'm still playing the Hell outta' Disgaea D2 -but- w/ The Guided Fate Paradox arriving today...for the 1st time in my life...I'm finding myself feeling like hurrying up/rushing through the end of a Disgaea game  :o

ack!  That shows up today~?!  Well....  There's another for the backlog....

BTW, what is that new game in your sig between Zero's Escape and Beyond Two Souls~?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #742 on: November 04, 2013, 02:37:52 pm »
BTW, what is that new game in your sig between Zero's Escape and Beyond Two Souls~?

Not *exactly* a game.

My local GS stores have been selling all of their Blu-ray movies/discs for a B2G2; priced from $5 - $10/each.

The one you're asking about is called: "Tales of Vesperia: The 1st Strike".  It's a (2-disc) DVD + Blu-ray set (~ 1.5 hours running time) - that is also in the backlog...lonely & waiting to be watched  :-\

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #743 on: November 04, 2013, 05:30:05 pm »

Not *exactly* a game.

My local GS stores have been selling all of their Blu-ray movies/discs for a B2G2; priced from $5 - $10/each.

The one you're asking about is called: "Tales of Vesperia: The 1st Strike".  It's a (2-disc) DVD + Blu-ray set (~ 1.5 hours running time) - that is also in the backlog...lonely & waiting to be watched  :-\

OIC....  Good to know none the less....  I don't buy a whole lot of Blu-Rays, but when I do they tend to be anime/CG movies with a video game source....

spac316

« Reply #744 on: November 05, 2013, 04:06:31 am »
I've been playing Batman Arkham City Armored on Wii U. Almost done with that.
Still plugging away on Animal Crossing NL...

« Reply #745 on: November 05, 2013, 11:11:28 am »
Been spending a lot of time with Sega's Japanese PC game Super Future Girl Dress Up Time Online 2 Phantasy Star Online 2  ;D

(I'm totally addicted to buying new outfits, there are so many good ones :D )

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #746 on: November 05, 2013, 12:16:13 pm »
Did you ever do any of those pictures/art commissions that I seem to remember you mentioning way-back-when; Kimimi?

« Reply #747 on: November 05, 2013, 12:22:47 pm »
One got used, one didn't get used (but I did get paid for), and one got cancelled before it started :)

soera

« Reply #748 on: November 05, 2013, 03:49:58 pm »
I love those PSO pics. I tried playing that game when it came out on the Gamecube and it was miserable. I bet the one you are playing is much better. I miss MMOs. :(

« Reply #749 on: November 05, 2013, 11:53:22 pm »
You didn't like GC PSO? That's a shame; that's the one I recommend whenever people ask about the series! :D

PSO2's *really* good though - as a big fan of the original I was worried they'd mess it up but it's honestly a great balance between what I loved about the old mixed in with its own new ideas too :D