Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 512561 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #825 on: December 08, 2013, 12:39:30 pm »
Silent Hill on the PlayStation 1  :)

i loved this game.
my cousin came to see me with this game when i was a kid. he started playing it and was too scared to carry on by himself.
we played all the way through it in a weekend and it was amazingly scary.

« Reply #826 on: December 08, 2013, 12:51:48 pm »
Silent Hill on the PlayStation 1  :)

i loved this game.
my cousin came to see me with this game when i was a kid. he started playing it and was too scared to carry on by himself.
we played all the way through it in a weekend and it was amazingly scary.

I've been trying to find it for so long, but no luck so far. I really want to play it!

« Reply #827 on: December 08, 2013, 12:54:37 pm »
I remember playing that while my dad was doing the ironing behind me - he threw a sock at my head and burst out laughing as I jumped out of my skin XD

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #828 on: December 08, 2013, 07:10:35 pm »
I remember playing that while my dad was doing the ironing behind me - he threw a sock at my head and burst out laughing as I jumped out of my skin XD

I used to live just down the road from a tornado siren (can you tell I live in the south?), which was tested every first Wednesday of the month. I was home sick when I first started playing Silent Hill several years back - which happened to be the first Wednesday of the month - so of course the tornado siren had to go off in the middle of the session. I about jumped out of my skin when it happened.

... It's still by far my favorite game in the series, if not one of my favorite games of all time. ;D
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 07:13:28 pm by doctorlaudanum »
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

foxhack

« Reply #829 on: December 08, 2013, 07:13:54 pm »
The Typing of the Dead: Overkill (PC).

So much profanity and so much awesome.

« Reply #830 on: December 08, 2013, 07:41:29 pm »
Metal Slug 4, slightly underrated if you ask me and scribblenauts unmasked wii u, favorite Scribblenauts game. I could never really get into some of the other ones. Just beat Super Mario 3D land, awesome game, hoping to pick up 3D world for my birthday

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #831 on: December 08, 2013, 09:56:04 pm »
I started playing Bucky O'Hare on the NES. I can't stop. I have to finish it. It's fun, but really really hard. The unlimited continues helps me not throw it into a wall in a blind rage.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #832 on: December 08, 2013, 10:43:01 pm »
I started playing Bucky O'Hare on the NES. I can't stop. I have to finish it. It's fun, but really really hard. The unlimited continues helps me not throw it into a wall in a blind rage.

Have you gotten to that damned elevator level yet?

90snostalga

« Reply #833 on: December 09, 2013, 02:18:28 am »

Did some one mention Bucky O'Hare?

« Reply #834 on: December 09, 2013, 03:13:03 am »
Are you into rogue-likes?

Yes and no. If I know I'm going into one, and am in the mood for it, I'm down, but I've never really considered SMT to be that type of game. Challenging at times yes, but never that spirit-crushing level of difficulty.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #835 on: December 09, 2013, 05:01:38 am »

Have you gotten to that damned elevator level yet?

Not yet. I'm on the part where you're crew is being mind controlled and you have to fight them. I only get to play in short bursts, so it's taking me a minute to get past it.

« Reply #836 on: December 09, 2013, 03:28:42 pm »
Finished up Infamous a few days back, and started on LA Noire. Decent so far, but I'm about 75% of the way through the story missions, and it still suffers from the same gripes I have about ever Rockstar game (I know Team Bondi developed it) I've played. Very little mission variety, with each one centered around a very small set of pre-detemined outcomes, and few options available to choose how you appoach situations. Every street crime and story mission is virtually indistinguishable from any other.

Some nice atmosphere, but I also kind of feel like it should've been darker and creepier, have more femme fatale types and gangsters. For the most part, it's been a daylit, bright and shiny Dragnet or Perry Mason sort of feel rather than say, Notorious or Diabolique. Not quite "noir" enough.

bobster

« Reply #837 on: December 09, 2013, 04:25:47 pm »
Finished up Infamous a few days back, and started on LA Noire. Decent so far, but I'm about 75% of the way through the story missions, and it still suffers from the same gripes I have about ever Rockstar game (I know Team Bondi developed it) I've played. Very little mission variety, with each one centered around a very small set of pre-detemined outcomes, and few options available to choose how you appoach situations. Every street crime and story mission is virtually indistinguishable from any other.

Some nice atmosphere, but I also kind of feel like it should've been darker and creepier, have more femme fatale types and gangsters. For the most part, it's been a daylit, bright and shiny Dragnet or Perry Mason sort of feel rather than say, Notorious or Diabolique. Not quite "noir" enough.

I really liked the dialogue and acting of the game, but I couldn't for the life of me interrogate the suspects correctly! It was also somewhat slow paced so I ended up not finishing it. It did seem repetitive.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #838 on: December 10, 2013, 02:24:08 am »
I also struggle with the interrogations sometimes. A lot of it is supposed to be based on their expressions and reactions, but just about every time I look at them, they're blinking rapidly or twitching or glancing around nervously, and so nearly all of them seem like a doubt or lie. A lot of the reactions Phelps gives are really over the top too, like if you select doubt, his response will be something like, "I THINK YOU STRANGLED YOUR WIFE, YOU'RE GONNA GET THE GAS CHAMBER!" and I'm just kind of sitting there going whaaa???

bobster

« Reply #839 on: December 10, 2013, 08:59:57 am »
Oh man I know exactly what you mean. Those over reactions really made me laugh sometimes though. But yeah, there was definitely a disparity between what you thought you were doing and what actually happens.
Currently Playing: The Witcher