Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 504990 times)

desocietas

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #855 on: December 19, 2013, 07:14:56 pm »
The only person who seemed to notice was this one guy who made a point to sit next to me and just watched me play.

It's totally strange when people do that.  Even if I'm playing the 3DS sometimes someone will just look over my shoulder really obviously.  Sometimes they ask about it, sometimes not.  I'm not sure if they know that I notice them looking or not.  If they ask, it's usually something like "is that a phone?" etc... -__-
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

htimreimer

« Reply #856 on: December 19, 2013, 11:23:14 pm »
Started to get the point-and-click itch again and fired up my save for Runaway: The Dream of The Turtle.  It's kinda meh so far, but the follow-up for it is supposed to be good, and I want to delve into that one if I can this winter.
that's one of the game's I have to play, the reviews say it's good

It's not bad.  I think it's trying to be Broken Sword but younger and hipper...?  The humor and storylines have that Broken Sword kind of feeling.

I thought the first one was cute and the reviews for the third one were good, so I'm making my way through them (the one I'm playing is the second one).  They have another game called "The Next Big Thing" that had pretty good writing.  Haven't played their most recent title, "Yesterday," but figure I'll get to that one eventually.

I have the new Broken Sword waiting for me, too...
it sounds like you have a lot of point and clicking to do, anyway  the last crown is not out yet and I'm playing the latest nancy drew , her interactive continues to make there world's a pain In ass to navigate

desocietas

« Reply #857 on: December 20, 2013, 12:36:12 am »
it sounds like you have a lot of point and clicking to do, anyway  the last crown is not out yet and I'm playing the latest nancy drew , her interactive continues to make there world's a pain In ass to navigate

haha yeah, I know you've played a lot of the Nancy Drew series, so I might have to look into one of those some day.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

htimreimer

« Reply #858 on: December 21, 2013, 03:53:48 am »

haha yeah, I know you've played a lot of the Nancy Drew series, so I might have to look into one of those some day.
for a game series based on book series that is made my a small company that was division of american laser games before they bought out by there own subsidiary (her interactive),
there not all that bad, there not amazing but there fun and the puzzles challenging enough.

if you are going to play one of them, start with the haunted carousel (2003) because it's the easiest. the ones made before are vary 90's point and click'ish if you get what i mean and the ones made after have very sudden difficulty spikes and navigating the world is getting more annoying as more of these come out

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #859 on: December 23, 2013, 03:42:01 am »
Started another playthrough of Siren. I've forgotten how tense (and controller crushingly frustrating) it can be. I love hate love this game. It's very underrated. Shame there's probably never going to be another one in the series.

Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

mark1982

« Reply #860 on: December 23, 2013, 05:44:51 am »

PS4 Killzone, very pretty game, nice usage of textures and lighting. Overall, fun game, different from other Killzone's, not too linear and hand holdy (which is great). Allows you to explore and use different tactics.
  l    l 

scott

« Reply #861 on: December 23, 2013, 11:23:57 am »
Started up my Final Fantasy XIV account again. The 2.1 update's upgrade of dungeon exp is super nice. I blew through level 41 in 1 run and some questing. Much much nicer than the FATE grinding I did to get through the 30s.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

bobster

« Reply #862 on: December 23, 2013, 11:26:16 am »
Started up my Final Fantasy XIV account again. The 2.1 update's upgrade of dungeon exp is super nice. I blew through level 41 in 1 run and some questing. Much much nicer than the FATE grinding I did to get through the 30s.
Man it's so much better. I'm right there with you! Currently a 39 War enjoying the crap out of dungeoning again!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #863 on: December 23, 2013, 11:29:53 am »
Beat the main game in The Guided Fate Paradox, which, btw - feels like more of an 'Accomplishment' than any other game that I've beaten in a looong time ==> moving on into the post-game & the ridiculously over-powered + challenging post-game bosses, cameos, and dungeons...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #864 on: December 23, 2013, 12:47:49 pm »
Since I recently finished Link between worlds, I figured I would stick with the portable and start a game Ive been waiting to play for years : FF III. Im about 3 hours in and its actually enjoyable. Reminds me of how I felt when I first started playing console RPGs.

foxhack

« Reply #865 on: December 23, 2013, 03:04:46 pm »
I bought DuckTales Remastered and beat it in 3 and a half hours. ._.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #866 on: December 23, 2013, 03:06:03 pm »

But it was fun.  Do it again!  Remember, Life is like a hurricane

foxhack

« Reply #867 on: December 23, 2013, 03:29:55 pm »

But it was fun.  Do it again!  Remember, Life is like a hurricane
I have three achievements to go. (Clear on hard, clear on extreme, unlock all collectibles.)

Oh, and my mistake, it took me two and a half hours to clear the game the first time through.

scott

« Reply #868 on: December 23, 2013, 04:50:25 pm »
I kinda miss short play through games.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #869 on: December 23, 2013, 08:13:24 pm »
I kinda miss short play through games.

Quiet, you!  You go back to your dungeon and play those 100+ hour games and enjoy it, damnit.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas