Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 504976 times)

soera

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #885 on: January 06, 2014, 02:28:15 pm »
Started Shadow of the Colossus today. While the concept is interesting, the game itself is ... hrmmm.  Absolutely no story whatsoever and the whole point is to kill 16 giant creatures and game over. I cant imagine this game has any sort of replay value.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #886 on: January 06, 2014, 03:45:05 pm »
Playing on the PS2 or the PS3?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #887 on: January 06, 2014, 04:48:47 pm »
PS3. Got that Ico and Colossus collection disk. 5 of the colossi are dead so far.

scott

« Reply #888 on: January 28, 2014, 12:12:10 am »
Playing Don't Starve: Console Edition on the PS4. It's pretty sweet and took me a few tries to understand how to survive better. But it's super addicting.

But why the hell do you lose all your hunger if you go to sleep? But if you stay up all night long you barely lose any? Seems like poor design to me.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

karyann

« Reply #889 on: January 28, 2014, 11:29:57 am »
Playing Don't Starve: Console Edition on the PS4. It's pretty sweet and took me a few tries to understand how to survive better. But it's super addicting.

But why the hell do you lose all your hunger if you go to sleep? But if you stay up all night long you barely lose any? Seems like poor design to me.

Sounds like they reversed real life  :o Staying up all night makes me sooooooooo hungry.

scott

« Reply #890 on: February 05, 2014, 03:31:08 pm »
Started up a new save file in Skyrim. I decided that I didn't like the choices I made in my original game, plus I wanted to play the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild story again.

Man I love this game.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #891 on: February 08, 2014, 12:18:07 am »
Currently alternating between Pikmin (first playthrough, no Pikmin death run, because I clearly hate myself) and Drakengard (I don't even know how many times, and ditto). Both frustrating, but for entirely different reasons. I forgot how awful I am at strategy games, but Pikmin is pretty damn fun.

On the Drakengard side of things...

Oh God the pain. An endless hell of black and white. I love you, Drakengard. Far more than any sane person ought to. But this boss is just such bullshit.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #892 on: February 08, 2014, 12:46:27 am »
I'm working on Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

I'm a Mother F@#$ing Pirate.  Swashbuckling like a boss.  I'm all stabby and whatnot.  The only problem is I suck at the sailing part.  I would never have been an Admiral in Her Majesty's Navy that for sure. It's a lot of fun though.  I harpooned a shark!

90snostalga

« Reply #893 on: February 08, 2014, 01:29:09 am »

I'm a Mother F@#$ing Pirate.  Swashbuckling like a boss.  I'm all stabby and whatnot.  The only problem is I suck at the sailing part.  I would never have been an Admiral in Her Majesty's Navy that for sure. It's a lot of fun though.  I harpooned a shark!

The Wii U Version?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #894 on: February 08, 2014, 01:37:05 am »

The Wii U Version?

Xbox 360.  I can't imagine the WiiU version being much different. 

90snostalga

« Reply #895 on: February 08, 2014, 01:46:03 am »

The Wii U Version?

Ah, you need to go on and play that Jetsons!

What I think would be a cool video is if you made a video of you playing The Jetsons or some tuff NES game without the Genie.  Not with a camera just on the tv screen, but the camera at a distance with a good view of you physically playing and showing the tv at the same time.  I personally think just your personality, your actions and reactions to the gameplay would be very funny and entertainment and maybe sort of a walkthrough or game faq or something...Just a thought
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 01:48:00 am by 90snostalga »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #896 on: February 08, 2014, 02:18:00 am »

The Wii U Version?

What I think would be a cool video is if you made a video of you playing The Jetsons or some tuff NES game without the Genie.  Not with a camera just on the tv screen, but the camera at a distance with a good view of you physically playing and showing the tv at the same time.  I personally think just your personality, your actions and reactions to the gameplay would be very funny and entertainment and maybe sort of a walkthrough or game faq or something...Just a thought

If my son stays with his grandparents another night and me and the lady stay in, I'll see if I can't do a 5-10 min first reaction type video. Can't do any video capture. That would be against my zero edit policy... and I'm way to lazy to actually work on something.

90snostalga

« Reply #897 on: February 08, 2014, 02:27:51 am »

The Wii U Version?

If my son stays with his grandparents another night and me and the lady stay in, I'll see if I can't do a 5-10 min first reaction type video. Can't do any video capture. That would be against my zero edit policy... and I'm way to lazy to actually work on something.

Yes!!!!!!!!!   :D  Can't wait. 

Moreover, thats what I meant lol.  I didnt want you to do a video capture of the gameplay, just showing you playing the game and the tv all in the same video live, no edit.  But I'll take what you give us...

I'm seriously wanting to do a series now.  You have any advice?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #898 on: February 08, 2014, 08:35:50 am »
Currently alternating between Pikmin (first playthrough, no Pikmin death run, because I clearly hate myself) and Drakengard (I don't even know how many times, and ditto). Both frustrating, but for entirely different reasons. I forgot how awful I am at strategy games, but Pikmin is pretty damn fun.

On the Drakengard side of things...

Oh God the pain. An endless hell of black and white. I love you, Drakengard. Far more than any sane person ought to. But this boss is just such bullshit.

Hey Dr L. - Welcome back...haven't seen you around for a bit.

Way to go, though!

After an absence like yours ==> to come back - not only cursing like a sailor -but- also posting a pic of a statue of a big-busted woman with mouth wide open & (her Gene Simmon's-like) tongue visible; on a Saturday morning...ERM...whelp...way to make a (re)-entrance O.o

Did ya' ever play through my old Koudelka yet?!

Got the D3 CE('s) pre-ordered yet...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #899 on: February 08, 2014, 11:48:09 am »
last night i had 2 friends over so we played a bunch of games.

fantavision
gitarooman
mirco machines V4
super monkeyball deluxe (the gliding mini game)

i wish they would remake micro machines