Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 505104 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #900 on: February 08, 2014, 12:04:46 pm »
Right now I'm in the middle of a few games:

-Rock Band: AC/DC Live Track Pack (PS2)
-Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PS1)
-Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)

-Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Xbox 360) - Well this one has been on hiatus for a little bit, now. Not that it's bad, it's just a big game that takes a lot of time and I got all these new games recently that are distracting me.

soera

« Reply #901 on: February 08, 2014, 03:06:21 pm »
Right now I'm in the middle of a few games:

-Rock Band: AC/DC Live Track Pack (PS2)
-Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PS1)
-Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)

-Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Xbox 360) - Well this one has been on hiatus for a little bit, now. Not that it's bad, it's just a big game that takes a lot of time and I got all these new games recently that are distracting me.

Get back to Amalur! That game is amazing. :)

scott

« Reply #902 on: February 08, 2014, 03:41:24 pm »
I need to get that. Huge fan of R.A. Salvatore, I can't believe I've yet to pick it up.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #903 on: February 08, 2014, 05:32:55 pm »
@disgaeniac

Yeah, I'm working a lot lately (certainly not complaining!), so I'm mostly lurking now. The weekend is also really the only time I'm able to post, not at all helped by the fact that my desktop PC exploded and I'm stuck with using my phone for a while.

And is just writing "bullshit" really cursing like a sailor? If that's the case, I have the filthiest mouth in the western hemisphere. :P

I did get a little farther in Koudelka. It took a little while to get the hang of the grid-based combat, but I'm really enjoying it so far. It's also an absolutely gorgeous game for the time. Just making slow progress because I'm a hardcore completionist. I'm the worst.

I actually had to cancel my preorder a few weeks ago to help pay for a broken window after a hail storm, but they announced the collector's edition box since then, so it actually turned out for the better. Still holding out hope for a localized 10th Anniversary Box, though. I'd love to get my hands on those remix CDs.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #904 on: February 09, 2014, 11:09:44 am »
@disgaeniac

Yeah, I'm working a lot lately (certainly not complaining!), so I'm mostly lurking now. The weekend is also really the only time I'm able to post, not at all helped by the fact that my desktop PC exploded and I'm stuck with using my phone for a while.

And is just writing "bullshit" really cursing like a sailor? If that's the case, I have the filthiest mouth in the western hemisphere. :P

I did get a little farther in Koudelka. It took a little while to get the hang of the grid-based combat, but I'm really enjoying it so far. It's also an absolutely gorgeous game for the time. Just making slow progress because I'm a hardcore completionist. I'm the worst.

I actually had to cancel my preorder a few weeks ago to help pay for a broken window after a hail storm, but they announced the collector's edition box since then, so it actually turned out for the better. Still holding out hope for a localized 10th Anniversary Box, though. I'd love to get my hands on those remix CDs.

Heh!

Well...I suppose that if a sailor said "Bullshit" that, "technically", you would/could indeed be considered to be 'cursing like a sailor' *_-

About Koudelka:

Total, 100% agreement in that it was most definitely a gorgeous & lovely-looking game...especially considering when it was released.

Then again...being 'Spiritually'-related the the Shadow-Heart's series ==> it does have some pretty big shoes to fill & expectations to live up to; ya' know?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

karyann

« Reply #905 on: February 09, 2014, 05:56:12 pm »
So, anybody currently playing Bravery Default just to tempt me into opening my CE when it arrives on tuesday? I was able to play Ni no Kuni for a whole 2 hours this week-end, I think I'm starting to get hooked up without knowing why. I just can't seem to want to put the controller down, yet there's nothing much happening story-wise yet; I don't know what keeps me playing like this! (not that it's a bad thing, the game is good - I just don't understand my own behaviour!)

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #906 on: February 10, 2014, 12:13:17 am »
I still haven't opened my CE copy of Bravely Default. I hate when they have a sticker sealing the box instead of just shrinkwrap. Hopefully the sticker peels all the way off without damaging the box. Has anyone tried yet?

I'm currently playing Culdcept Saga. The story is kinda lame, but I like the monopoly style gameplay!
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

anruiukimi

« Reply #907 on: February 10, 2014, 01:03:43 am »
I still haven't opened my CE copy of Bravely Default. I hate when they have a sticker sealing the box instead of just shrinkwrap. Hopefully the sticker peels all the way off without damaging the box. Has anyone tried yet?

I'm currently playing Culdcept Saga. The story is kinda lame, but I like the monopoly style gameplay!

The sticker fell off mine the instant I touched it. Unfortunately, it left a weird non-sticky residue. :/

I'm really enjoying the game so far! Very old school feel to it. I wish I had more people for the town, I'll just have to keep taking my 3DS with me every time I go to GameStop, I seem to get a new person every time. :P

scott

« Reply #908 on: February 10, 2014, 08:56:14 am »
So, anybody currently playing Bravery Default just to tempt me into opening my CE when it arrives on tuesday? I was able to play Ni no Kuni for a whole 2 hours this week-end, I think I'm starting to get hooked up without knowing why. I just can't seem to want to put the controller down, yet there's nothing much happening story-wise yet; I don't know what keeps me playing like this! (not that it's a bad thing, the game is good - I just don't understand my own behaviour!)

Nope.

I just got a notice that my copy is delayed, because it went to the wrong destination (still in town, wrong post office or something). I won't be playing it right away anyway, I'm hooked on Skyrim again and am working through the story, which I never finished before.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

bobster

« Reply #909 on: February 10, 2014, 09:59:27 am »

I can also confirm the sticker comes right off but leaves a non sticky residue or something. Not sure if it's better just to cut and leave on.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #910 on: February 10, 2014, 04:39:07 pm »
Killer Instinct for xbox One, Chrono Trigger, Bust a groove, Shadow of the Colossus and Nidhogg.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #911 on: February 10, 2014, 05:33:35 pm »
anruiukimi and bobster - thanks for the replies.

Knowing me I will wait until I purchase a second copy and just leave one sealed. It is a sickness.

I should have just bought two originally. These things seem to be going for at least $25 more than the pre-order price.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

« Reply #912 on: February 10, 2014, 09:55:43 pm »
Ni No Kuni. just started.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #913 on: February 10, 2014, 10:00:24 pm »
went back to finish Pokemon X, because I have a bad habit of getting to the Elite 4 then stopping for months, Halfway through and like an idiot I let my 3DS's battery die *Facepalms*

« Reply #914 on: February 10, 2014, 10:27:26 pm »
Pokemon X as well, since Pokemon Bank came out, I've been busy trying to 100% the National Pokedex.