Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 504936 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #945 on: February 21, 2014, 06:56:12 am »
Scott - You ever play any VtM or Bloodlines?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #946 on: February 21, 2014, 09:05:40 am »
Scott - You ever play any VtM or Bloodlines?

VtM? Or do you mean CotM?

If you mean Circle of the Moon, I've played, but never finished it. I thought it was a good game, but I played it after Aria of Sorrow and it seems a bit weak in comparison. I'm going to go back to it eventually, because it really was a good game and it's challenging having to Metroidvania with only a whip.

As for Bloodlines, I've yet to beat that as well. I've gotten pretty far, but eventually game overed with both John Morris and Eric Lecarde. It's been a few years since I've played it though and I've not sat down and powered through it. If I remember correctly, I had a hard time playing as Lecarde, because "Castlevania has whips". Which is funny because I loved Symphony of the Night and had no problem with it. Also I like how they used the story of this game to tie in to the actual Dracula novel.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #947 on: February 21, 2014, 09:26:42 am »
VtM = Vampire: the Masquerade

scott

« Reply #948 on: February 21, 2014, 09:27:41 am »
Aah. Nope. Never played any of the Vampire games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #949 on: February 21, 2014, 08:15:14 pm »
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines for PC looked awesome in a review I saw of it. So I got it off of Steam. But when I actually started playing it, it wasn't as fun. Funny how games are like that. They can look awesome, but you aren't really sure if it's good until you have a controller/keyboard in your hands to see how it handles.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #950 on: February 22, 2014, 06:15:08 am »
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines for PC looked awesome in a review I saw of it. So I got it off of Steam. But when I actually started playing it, it wasn't as fun. Funny how games are like that. They can look awesome, but you aren't really sure if it's good until you have a controller/keyboard in your hands to see how it handles.

Yeah - I haven't played it myself -but- I've heard other friends say the same thing about the game...

argyle

« Reply #951 on: February 22, 2014, 06:57:00 am »
Just finished DMC - fantastic game.  I haven't played a bad Ninja Theory game yet, and they just seem to keep getting better & better.  It's a shame this game didn't sell better, I hear that Capcom is going back to the old stuff if/when they make another game in the series.  Not only did they nail the gameplay in this one, which is a huge accomplishment on its own, but they tell a really good story that shows they had a great love for the source material.

Oh well - my dream is that their next game is a PS4 follow-up to Heavenly Sword, using everything they've learned since making the original game. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #952 on: February 22, 2014, 08:51:13 am »
totally addicted to Rising Storm.
http://vgcollect.com/item/52359

scott

« Reply #953 on: February 22, 2014, 09:56:57 am »
Ah I remember why Lords of Shadow annoyed me... QTEs.

... and chupacabras.

soera

« Reply #954 on: February 24, 2014, 11:53:48 am »
Still playing Bravely Default. Im really enjoying this. Im about 40 hours in now and have access to a majority of the jobs.

So far, my line up is : Tiz - 10 knight with 9 freelancer back up, Ringabel - 10 ranger with 9 thief backup, Edea is 10 red mage with 9 spell fencer back up, and Agnes is 10 white mage with 8 performer back up. The jump from 8 to 9 in exp cost is unreal. Ive revived the wind, water, and fire crystal. Character levels are all at 41. Been working on rebuilding the town a lot too. Some neat stuff comes from there.

Game is awesome and definitely a high chance at one of the games of the year.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #955 on: February 24, 2014, 12:19:09 pm »
Still playing Bravely Default. Im really enjoying this. Im about 40 hours in now and have access to a majority of the jobs.

So far, my line up is : Tiz - 10 knight with 9 freelancer back up, Ringabel - 10 ranger with 9 thief backup, Edea is 10 red mage with 9 spell fencer back up, and Agnes is 10 white mage with 8 performer back up. The jump from 8 to 9 in exp cost is unreal. Ive revived the wind, water, and fire crystal. Character levels are all at 41. Been working on rebuilding the town a lot too. Some neat stuff comes from there.

Game is awesome and definitely a high chance at one of the games of the year.

Seriously...wtf is up w/ some of these names  :o

anruiukimi

« Reply #956 on: February 24, 2014, 12:27:41 pm »

It's supposed to be a pun. :P

soera

« Reply #957 on: February 24, 2014, 12:36:40 pm »
You gotta give this one a try! I really think you will enjoy it. :D

argyle

« Reply #958 on: February 24, 2014, 03:28:08 pm »

I thought that was a super weird name when playing the demo too - then I watched the intro to the full game, and when they give his backstory I just chuckled.  It's pretty clever IMO, and poking fun at a genre cliche. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #959 on: February 24, 2014, 04:15:53 pm »
Yeah, I thought that naming the MC for Radiata Stories "Jack Russel" was kinda funny & cute  ;D