Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 512980 times)

teck

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1065 on: April 08, 2014, 01:51:18 am »
Had to start over in Dynasty Warriors 8 on the PS4.  You can transfer your save from the PS3 version...if you still own it.  If not, there's no way to get the save across.  And I traded mine in as soon as they announced the PS4 version.  Oh well, I don't mind starting over that much.

Also played some more Mercenary Kings.  Man, that game is all kinds of awesome.  That's the only PS+ game I don't already have that I'm interested in this month, but since I probably would have dropped the $20 on it that's good enough for me.  It's Metal Slug with missions, explorable levels & upgradable weapons.  It's old-school mixed with the best of modern game design.  Just full of win.  :)  The only thing that could possibly make it better would be a Vita version w/ cross-save support.   ;D

Ouch....  Yeah, I've kept every copy I have ever owned, though a couple need to be replaced....

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1066 on: April 09, 2014, 01:07:23 am »
Playing Evoland on Steam right now.  Nostalgia is awesome until I reached the ambushed/gauntlet area.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1067 on: April 09, 2014, 02:26:38 am »
Playing Evoland on Steam right now.  Nostalgia is awesome until I reached the ambushed/gauntlet area.

I loved it too. But it's short as hell. And the final boss is infuriating.

thecrypticodor

« Reply #1068 on: April 09, 2014, 03:12:32 am »
I'm playing Ace Combat 4 Shattered Skies. Never got around to playing any of Ace Combat series outside of the early PS1 tittles. Gotta say I'm surprised at how solid the game is. Just ripped through the first ten missions in one sitting. I also acquired Ace Combat 5 somewhat recently so that's definitely gonna be moving up my gaming queue.

argyle

« Reply #1069 on: April 10, 2014, 10:39:11 am »
At home - Dynasty Warriors 8 Complete for the PS4.  Perfect weeknight "I'm tired & want to play something I don't have to think about too much" game.  :P  I think I'm at the last battle of the Shu campaign right now.  This is the best DW game in a long time, and possibly the best yet - but I do kinda miss being able to pick one guy & play through the entire story with him instead of being made to swap around for each battle.  Not a huge deal tho, I know there are other modes where I can focus on one guy.

On the go - Danganronpa.  Man, this game is great.  The writing is fantastic, the story really sucks you in and the strange setting and characters really get into your head.  Just a fantastic game - I'm going to have to make it a point sometime soon-ish to finally play through 999 & VLR, since I hear they're similar gameplay-wise. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #1070 on: April 11, 2014, 11:37:35 pm »
Just beat Infamous Second Son, and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. Did NOT expect to like it as much as I did, since I thought the first game was pretty mediocre. The main character is what makes it.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1071 on: April 12, 2014, 03:26:36 am »
"I do kinda miss being able to pick one guy & play through the entire story with him instead of being made to swap around for each battle"

^This....  I enjoyed each character's individual stories, even if a solid 80% of the stories just over lapped in each faction....  It still felt better to me that way....  I do really like DW8XLC though....  I'm quite happy with the addition of a second EX attack with each character too....  I like that they're starting to expand on move set options instead of just mix them up like before....  I always thought that DW5 was the closest to getting this right before and then they started sharing weapons and changing move sets all willy-nilly....  Hopefully they'll start to focus on expansion again and not just variation....

scott

« Reply #1072 on: April 12, 2014, 08:45:19 pm »
/sigh....  Back into Diablo 3 on PC again....  FML....

Hit me up w/ a friendy! Spazmet#1964
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #1073 on: April 12, 2014, 09:53:43 pm »
/sigh....  Back into Diablo 3 on PC again....  FML....

Hit me up w/ a friendy! Spazmet#1964

we still need to play together scott

scott

« Reply #1074 on: April 12, 2014, 10:15:18 pm »
Yessir, me, varkias and my cousin have been playing pretty regularly. I sent you a clan invite a few days ago, but you didn't accept it. I'll send you another one later tonight.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #1075 on: April 13, 2014, 11:39:55 am »
Yessir, me, varkias and my cousin have been playing pretty regularly. I sent you a clan invite a few days ago, but you didn't accept it. I'll send you another one later tonight.

who is in the clan?
how many people?

« Reply #1076 on: April 13, 2014, 02:43:00 pm »
I've been on a handheld kick recently. Started playing Astroboy Omega Factor on the GBA this morning and WOW. . .where has this game been all my life! It definitely has Treasure's stamp of awesomeness all over it :p

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1077 on: April 15, 2014, 01:01:02 am »
Still trying to complete Evoland.  Getting the "Dodgeball" Achievement is pretty difficult for me to do.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #1078 on: April 15, 2014, 01:11:04 am »
ff6 :3

desocietas

« Reply #1079 on: April 15, 2014, 03:21:53 pm »
ff6 :3

That's so funny, my boyfriend just started streaming FF6 last night!  I've never played it, so it's neat watching him play it.  Makes me want to pull out the PS2 and the anthology disc...

I just started playing Papers, Please after watching another friend stream it - it's sooooo addicting.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas