Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 513162 times)

scott

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1125 on: April 29, 2014, 09:51:42 pm »
Still Diablo III. But I had a fellow arcade builder buddy asking me about Castlevania stuffs, specifically Circle of the Moon, and I ended up loading that one up to play on the DS Lite.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #1126 on: April 30, 2014, 01:42:12 am »

I haven't played the game -but- iirc...wasn't there something about this game and (fooling players into thinking that they lost) a save file?

What was/how did that go down  :o

I did suspect it was a sanity effect when I first ran into it, but there was still a tiny nagging part of me that believed it was genuine. I will admit I did freak out a little, but once it was over, I definitely gained new appreciation for the game. It was a really nice effect.

Also, you've given me even more reasons to seek out Shadow Hearts as soon as I can.

EDIT: To clarify, the game doesn't make you think the save file was lost, but actually "erases" it right in front of you. I just love that. So pointlessly sadistic. It's a nice touch.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 01:44:10 am by doctorlaudanum »
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1127 on: April 30, 2014, 07:41:14 am »
The first two Shadow Hearts games are amazing and tell one fantastic contained story.  Unfortunately the third one goes in some questionable directions.  :(

Agree.

But...

I found SH3's gameplay (and Shania's transformations:) reason enough to see it through to the end!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #1128 on: April 30, 2014, 07:44:34 am »
The first two Shadow Hearts games are amazing and tell one fantastic contained story.  Unfortunately the third one goes in some questionable directions.  :(

Agree.

But...

I found SH3's gameplay (and Shania's transformations:) reason enough to see it through to the end!

I need to pick 3 back up at some point for my collection, and I'd like to give it another go one day.  Then again, there are quite a few PS2 RPGs I still want to play that take precedence (Xenosaga 1&2, Radiata Stories, the .hack games just to name a few). 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1129 on: April 30, 2014, 07:50:18 am »

I haven't played the game -but- iirc...wasn't there something about this game and (fooling players into thinking that they lost) a save file?

What was/how did that go down  :o

I did suspect it was a sanity effect when I first ran into it, but there was still a tiny nagging part of me that believed it was genuine. I will admit I did freak out a little, but once it was over, I definitely gained new appreciation for the game. It was a really nice effect.

Also, you've given me even more reasons to seek out Shadow Hearts as soon as I can.

EDIT: To clarify, the game doesn't make you think the save file was lost, but actually "erases" it right in front of you. I just love that. So pointlessly sadistic. It's a nice touch.

;D

Brings Disgaea 3 to mind where Mao (MC + Overlord's son) wants to kill/destroy & usurp his dad for...

..."accidentally stepping on his Slaystation & losing thousands of hours of his save data/files"  :P

Have you played any of the Deception/Trapped games?

argyle

« Reply #1130 on: April 30, 2014, 10:26:15 am »
Went with a dark horse, decided to play some R&C HD last night (the original).  I remembered I never finished my playthrough of that (I beat it on the PS2 but didn't finish the HD port).  It met my requirement of being an action game plus is something I can probably finish off tonight giving me at least ONE game beaten in April.  I need to get some "W's" up on the board!!!  :P 

The original R&C is by far the worst in the series (not counting the spin-off games, which were more "miss" than "hit" IMO).  It just didn't have the polish that that later games had - menus are clunky, controls aren't perfect (switching weapons is a pain compared to all other games in the series) and the biggest thing is that they hadn't put in the weapon exp system yet, which REALLY stepped up the game.  The characters weren't quite there yet either.  Ratchet hating on Clank for the entire game is just weird (he messes with him in the other games but he outright seems to hate him in the original) and Quark had not yet become the lovable arrogant moron we all know & love.  Still a good game, but going back I feel like I'm more slogging through it to get to the rest of the "great" ones. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #1131 on: April 30, 2014, 07:44:53 pm »
@disgaeniac

I haven't played them, but they're on my wish list. Admittedly my knowledge of the Deception series comes entirely from the inclusion of Deception-themed unlockable costumes in Fatal Frame II, but I'd still like to try them out.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

90snostalga

« Reply #1132 on: May 02, 2014, 06:10:45 pm »
Not 100 percent sure but I think I'm going to play Diablo next and I'll play it in Windows 95. Still debating with myself tho'. 

spac316

« Reply #1133 on: May 02, 2014, 09:08:21 pm »
I playing Zelda: Link between Worlds and Animal Crossing new Leaf. Also, NES Remix 2 and Halo 4.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1134 on: May 07, 2014, 07:16:22 am »
I did all that I wanted to (and am going to do) with my (re)play of FFX in HD.

I beat all of the Dark Aeons & Penance (both with and w/o Zanmato:) and Chocobo racing & lightning-dodging just aren't "fun" to me (what games are supposed to be); so, moving on into my X-2 HD playthrough & looking forward to the new (to NA) "creature-creator" & "Last Mission" (roguelike ftw!) content  ;D

foxhack

« Reply #1135 on: May 07, 2014, 11:04:34 pm »
Playing Batman Arkham City again on my new PC. It's amazing what a new CPU can do. 8)

argyle

« Reply #1136 on: May 07, 2014, 11:36:29 pm »
Still playing FFXIV (I'm at 31 w/ my main, so I can now fight w/ my Chocobo and I have my...elite?...class: warrior  8) ).  And I'm *right* at the end of Danganronpa (as in, I'm having everything explained to me now...weird place to stop, but couldn't be helped at the time).  Has anyone else finished that game?  Because I think I'm gonna need to talk about it some once I'm done.   :o

To break up the RPG-ness, I started playing Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge.  Besides having to kick it down to "easy" because the first boss was insanely hard, I'm having a really good time with it.  Sometimes you just need to dismember someone, y'know?  :P

« Reply #1137 on: May 08, 2014, 12:12:15 am »
I've been thinking of trying out one of the Trials games for awhile now, but never really took the plunge, but when I saw that Trials Evolution had a demo, I gave that a go and this might be craziest fun I've had in a long time.  It gave me the same feeling as playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater in the early days, just ridiculous and over the top and it's super awesome.  Bought Trials Fusion which should be a good time and I'll probably go back and buy Trials Evolution eventually lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1138 on: May 08, 2014, 01:16:23 pm »
I playing Zelda: Link between Worlds and Animal Crossing new Leaf. Also, NES Remix 2 and Halo 4.

That's quite the line-up. Link Between worlds was amazing! Best Zelda game in quite a while. And don't believe the haters, Halo 4 was fine Halo game. It feels a little different, being that it's a different development team, but it's gives you a great sci-fi FPS.

And I've really been wanting to play NES remix, but no Wii U. Why can't they release this one the 3DS shop?

Playing Batman Arkham City again on my new PC. It's amazing what a new CPU can do. 8)

Loved that game! But I played it on XBox 360. I feel towards the end that the game wore out it's welcome a little, but otherwise it was a fantastic improvement on Arkham Asylum (which was already an awesome game).

scott

« Reply #1139 on: May 08, 2014, 01:40:12 pm »
The GF has left for vacation, which means lots of playtime for me. I think I'm gonna finally knock out Panzer Dragoon Saga.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread