Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 511952 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1215 on: May 26, 2014, 05:20:04 am »
I know I'm a decade late, but I'm right in the middle of KOTOR 2 right now.  I was cataloging my steam collection and I realized I never got around to the second one (stupid me, the game is amazing).
As a break I've been playing Fifa 14 (also an awesome game).

bobster

« Reply #1216 on: May 26, 2014, 10:08:56 am »
Over the past two weeks I've been playing Conquest of the Crystal Palace for NES. It's surprisingly good for never having heard of it. Being that it only goes for 7 bucks, and our wonderful site says only 85 people have it, I'm thinking this might be a hidden gem on the system. It's pretty freaking hard though.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1217 on: May 26, 2014, 03:31:08 pm »
Ah, I gotcha.  Guess I can repeat that I'm glad I bought it for only 5 bucks lol

$5 is a great deal.

I'm really only bitter because I pad something like 40 or 50 bucks for it.

Don't feel too bad, I bought the collectors day one....

« Reply #1218 on: May 26, 2014, 10:11:32 pm »
Played a few levels in Operation Raccoon City and it's both not as bad as I remember, but still about as good as I remember which isn't great lol I don't know if they patched the AI, but it seems a little better, though playing with a real player is certainly preferred.  Combat is still real floaty and most enemies are just bullet sponges which I think takes away some of the fun.  Again, not terrible, I'd probably rather play it more than Resident Evil 6, but not great.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1219 on: May 26, 2014, 10:25:42 pm »
Played a few levels in Operation Raccoon City and it's both not as bad as I remember, but still about as good as I remember which isn't great lol I don't know if they patched the AI, but it seems a little better, though playing with a real player is certainly preferred.  Combat is still real floaty and most enemies are just bullet sponges which I think takes away some of the fun.  Again, not terrible, I'd probably rather play it more than Resident Evil 6, but not great.

I like the Umbrella Chronicle rails shooters. But I've always been a sucker for rails shooters.

« Reply #1220 on: May 26, 2014, 10:53:53 pm »
Started playing Legend of Heroes on the PSP today. Enjoying it so far.

« Reply #1221 on: May 26, 2014, 11:15:26 pm »

I like the Umbrella Chronicle rails shooters. But I've always been a sucker for rails shooters.

Haven't played them, but I'm gonna grab them eventually as I got one of the controller rifles to use.

Put in DBZ: Ultimate Tekaichi and just...no...oh no.  It's not even a fighting game, it's DBZ: The Quicktime Event.  It's really bad lol I don't even understand why they thought it was a good idea to have zero fighting mechanics in this game.  You punch a few times, then you hit a button and if the enemy misses hitting the button, you go into basically a cinematic that you almost control, and then just keep rinsing and repeating.  You don't ever actually fight, just hit buttons at certain moments.  Even trying to do memorable power moves for characters like you imagine would be cool or nothing more than a flick of the analog stick to start them and then they just go.  That's all.  No work or anything.  I've never felt so underwhelmed by a Kamehameha before lol

Whatever happened to just having a straight forward fighting game? Hell, just rip off Street Fighter, put in a crap ton of characters, solid game right there.  They couldn't even be bothered to lip synch the characters ingame, it's just awkward mouths moving up and down.  This just has to be one of the worst non-Kinect DBZ games out there.  It has to be lol  I really need to grab that Budokai HD pack sometime.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1222 on: May 27, 2014, 12:02:35 am »
Hehehe. Bet your appreciation of Jiggle Simulator 5 just went up a bit, eh? ;)

« Reply #1223 on: May 27, 2014, 12:03:28 am »
Hehehe. Bet your appreciation of Jiggle Simulator 5 just went up a bit, eh? ;)

Give me Jiggle Simulator 5 any day over this awful DBZ game lol

90snostalga

« Reply #1224 on: May 27, 2014, 08:06:58 pm »
Im going to give Bully:  Scholarship Edition for the 360 a whirl.  I'm excited about this one!   :)

argyle

« Reply #1225 on: May 28, 2014, 10:14:36 am »
I'm in the middle of a love-hate relationship with Wolfenstein.  Every time something annoys me in the game - usually the stealth (seriously, STEALTH in a WOLFENSTEIN game?!?!  ???) - then something comes along that I really like again (like the detail put into the resistance's hidden base).  But I also think part of my problem is that I'm really not in the mood for a linear shooter right now.  Since I'll be at my folks' house today & tomorrow so won't get to play it any then, and then Watch Dogs comes out Tues...I may end up trading it back in for now and just pick it up later when it gets cheap (doubt that will take long) to finish it up.

But I like that you don't HAVE to do the stealth.  You can do the crazy action like in old Wolfenstein, where you just shoot everything if you want to or you can just stealth it out like I did until you are forced to battle.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of pocket all weekend (and yes, my weekend is just ending today :P).

What you say about stealth is technically true, but if you don't sneak around & they sound the alarm then you're in for waves & waves of enemies.  Anyway, I traded it off because I just wasn't in the mood for a linear shooter right now, and I knew once I got Watch Dogs I wouldn't be playing it anyway.  Still made a profit off of it, and I'll pick it back up in a few months when it gets cheap, so it's all good.  ;) 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

scott

« Reply #1226 on: May 28, 2014, 12:47:16 pm »
Finally started playing Panzer Dragoon Saga, after saying I was gonna start it up last week.

So far its pretty good, but the first hour dragged a bit thanks to cut scenes and tutorials. I'm gonna need to try using the 3D controller tonight instead and see if it controls better with it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #1227 on: May 28, 2014, 01:10:38 pm »
Finally started playing Panzer Dragoon Saga, after saying I was gonna start it up last week.

Cheer! I cant wait til you are done so you can ship it to me. :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1228 on: May 28, 2014, 02:27:36 pm »

Cheer! I cant wait til you can stick it to me. :D

what the...

...wut   :-\
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #1229 on: May 28, 2014, 02:36:57 pm »
Ya, right. Keep on a dreamin'!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread