Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 504880 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1260 on: May 30, 2014, 05:39:14 pm »
Just started Castlevania Lament of Innocence.

Where's that +1 button?

Right next to the "Like" button  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #1261 on: May 30, 2014, 06:14:25 pm »
Mario Kart 8 really lives up to the hype for me.  I haven't really played a Mario Kart game to any major degree since the Mario Kart 64 days so a lot has been added and changed over the years.  Just from that point of view, this game is amazing.  The tracks so far are all amazingly well done, no bad track that I've found yet and even some great new ones like Mount Wario which is one long track instead of one you lap around in.  Online play is really good too, though I did about two matches in that.

Lots of vehicle and customization options too.  You get a new vehicle item every 50 coins in the grand prix.  So far, it's just been a fantastic game and it looks amazing.  The next Mario game better look as good if not better than this lol

foxhack

« Reply #1262 on: June 02, 2014, 01:02:58 am »
I gave RE5 a chance, once I got used to the controls (for the most part) things went smoothly. I still have trouble when surrounded by multiple enemies, but now that the game actually taught me how to use CHRIS' STEROID PAWNCH attacks, I can actually save ammo. Why didn't this damn game teach me that sooner? The manual on Steam is two pages, one is a bio and the other is AN INSTALL GUIDE FOR THE DVD VERSION.

Oh yeah, there's this too:

(9:54:07 PM) Me: so I just got to a section with an airboat in RE5
(9:54:29 PM) Me: I'm shooting at black people in full stereotypical African tribal war gear
(9:54:57 PM) Me: and I go "... yeah those people that complained had good reason, goddamn"

I mean, it's explained in the game that they're acting like this because of the outbreak, so it makes people lose their mind and become very violent. It was still a very WTF moment.

« Reply #1263 on: June 02, 2014, 02:55:18 am »
I gave RE5 a chance, once I got used to the controls (for the most part) things went smoothly. I still have trouble when surrounded by multiple enemies, but now that the game actually taught me how to use CHRIS' STEROID PAWNCH attacks, I can actually save ammo. Why didn't this damn game teach me that sooner? The manual on Steam is two pages, one is a bio and the other is AN INSTALL GUIDE FOR THE DVD VERSION.

Oh yeah, there's this too:

(9:54:07 PM) Me: so I just got to a section with an airboat in RE5
(9:54:29 PM) Me: I'm shooting at black people in full stereotypical African tribal war gear
(9:54:57 PM) Me: and I go "... yeah those people that complained had good reason, goddamn"

I mean, it's explained in the game that they're acting like this because of the outbreak, so it makes people lose their mind and become very violent. It was still a very WTF moment.

Capcom isn't very culture sensitive as we've come to know them lol I heard in Resident Evil 4, the language they are speaking is completely wrong from what should've been spoken there.  Like it was latin america spanish over what would be more of what is spoken over on that side of the world towards Spain and Portugal since it was in some non-existent country.

blipcs76

« Reply #1264 on: June 02, 2014, 10:25:57 am »
Mario Kart 8 really lives up to the hype for me.  I haven't really played a Mario Kart game to any major degree since the Mario Kart 64 days so a lot has been added and changed over the years.  Just from that point of view, this game is amazing.  The tracks so far are all amazingly well done, no bad track that I've found yet and even some great new ones like Mount Wario which is one long track instead of one you lap around in.  Online play is really good too, though I did about two matches in that.

Lots of vehicle and customization options too.  You get a new vehicle item every 50 coins in the grand prix.  So far, it's just been a fantastic game and it looks amazing.  The next Mario game better look as good if not better than this lol

I picked it up on Saturday and I completely agree that it lives up to the hype.  The gameplay has been tweaked and streamlined, you have more control options than before, the old tracks have been reimagined beautifully, the new tracks don't have a dud amongst them and it is an absolutely gorgeous game!  Online is easy to get into and plays really well too.

And I LOVE the race highlights feature.  After the race, it gives you a cinematic view of highlights from the race, where you can fast forward, rewind and slow-mo your best moments, and it gives you a chance to gawk at the beautiful graphics and little details you miss when you're in the middle of a race, like characters looking at each other when they pass on the track.

foxhack

« Reply #1265 on: June 02, 2014, 12:38:17 pm »
Capcom isn't very culture sensitive as we've come to know them lol I heard in Resident Evil 4, the language they are speaking is completely wrong from what should've been spoken there.  Like it was latin america spanish over what would be more of what is spoken over on that side of the world towards Spain and Portugal since it was in some non-existent country.
Uh, what?

Those guys sounded like Spaniards to me, right down to the curse words.

« Reply #1266 on: June 02, 2014, 04:38:29 pm »
Uh, what?

I could be wrong, I had just heard that there was abit of an issue with the language, at least at the very start with the two police officers of RE4, where the spanish being spoken wasn't remotely the right one for the area.

90snostalga

« Reply #1267 on: June 02, 2014, 05:55:56 pm »
I think I will give SNK some love and my next game to play will be Metal Slug 1st Mission for the Neo Geo Pocket Color  :)  I'm excited for this one! 8)

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #1268 on: June 02, 2014, 06:11:45 pm »
Uh, what?

I think he means that the Spaniards in RE4 apparently spoke with Mexican accents and dialects, even though the game was supposedly set in Spain. (Don't speak Spanish myself, so I can only go on what others have said.)

Regarding RE5, I fought the accusations of racism for a while when it first came out, as I didn't think making the enemies African was automatically racist. Then I saw the grass skirts and huts. And lo, all I could think was "Goddamnit, Capcom."
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

foxhack

« Reply #1269 on: June 02, 2014, 06:46:15 pm »
I think he means that the Spaniards in RE4 apparently spoke with Mexican accents and dialects, even though the game was supposedly set in Spain. (Don't speak Spanish myself, so I can only go on what others have said.)

Regarding RE5, I fought the accusations of racism for a while when it first came out, as I didn't think making the enemies African was automatically racist. Then I saw the grass skirts and huts. And lo, all I could think was "Goddamnit, Capcom."

... Uh. I'm Mexican. ??? Trust me, those guys don't speak in any accent even remotely similar to the ones we have here.  And we definitely don't say "Te voy a coger", which means two things: "I'm gonna grab you" or "I'm gonna fuck you (up)."

The first time I played the game I was all "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?"

90snostalga

« Reply #1270 on: June 02, 2014, 07:17:53 pm »
Due to the lack of the LED screen on the pocket color, I'm going to have to play it only at certain times during the day so I don't bother my wife when she sleeps so I'm going to try and rotate two games.  Pandoras Tower on the Wii will do good ...

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #1271 on: June 02, 2014, 07:54:30 pm »

... Uh. I'm Mexican. ??? Trust me, those guys don't speak in any accent even remotely similar to the ones we have here.  And we definitely don't say "Te voy a coger", which means two things: "I'm gonna grab you" or "I'm gonna fuck you (up)."

Huh. Well, learn something new everyday, I guess. Yet another reason why I really should learn Spanish at some point.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1272 on: June 02, 2014, 09:23:30 pm »
I was playing Mario Kart 8 online with my brother a few minutes ago.  Man!  That is tense!  I love it!

90snostalga

« Reply #1273 on: June 02, 2014, 10:24:48 pm »
I was playing Mario Kart 8 online with my brother a few minutes ago.  Man!  That is tense!  I love it!

How did you do it?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1274 on: June 02, 2014, 10:28:28 pm »

How did you do it?

Both get online.  One of the options is "Friends".  That way you just join the room your friend is in.  It's not like Xbox Live where you can talk to each other.  That sucks, but it's fun trying to pass each other.