Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 513183 times)

foxhack

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1275 on: June 03, 2014, 07:40:00 pm »
Tried out Murdered: Soul Suspect since I got it for free thanks to an XFX rep.

Current opinion: Pretty good, but I've already found one game-breaking bug, haha.

amauriel

« Reply #1276 on: June 03, 2014, 10:54:51 pm »
Let's see...I've been playing Earthbound again (hence the profile pic). We picked up Mario Kart 8 this weekend when we had friends over, and had some great 4-player going. The next day, I turned on the WiiU to play Mario Kart 8. Played for a while, switched to Earthbound to get a break. That was two days ago, and Earthbound is all I've played since. I had downloaded it to show support when Nintendo finally added it to the eShop, but hadn't gotten a chance to play the WiiU version yet. And since it is probably my favorite video game ever, I'll probably finish it before moving back to other things. I used to play it at least yearly, so I was due for a replay.

Besides that, I picked up Battleblock Theater on Steam when it released and have been playing that a bit with some friends online. The Behemoth remains one of my favorite development companies, and Battleblock gets all the fun of the old PDA games on Alien Hominid HD, but with online play as well. Great times!
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

« Reply #1277 on: June 03, 2014, 11:57:13 pm »
Started Drakengard 3 a day or two ago, and I'm absolutely loving it :)

It's definitely an unpolished gem sort of game, but really stylish and funny. I think other Nier fans will like it a lot, but then again, maybe not?

bobster

« Reply #1278 on: June 04, 2014, 09:36:22 am »
Let's see...I've been playing Earthbound again (hence the profile pic). We picked up Mario Kart 8 this weekend when we had friends over, and had some great 4-player going. The next day, I turned on the WiiU to play Mario Kart 8. Played for a while, switched to Earthbound to get a break. That was two days ago, and Earthbound is all I've played since. I had downloaded it to show support when Nintendo finally added it to the eShop, but hadn't gotten a chance to play the WiiU version yet. And since it is probably my favorite video game ever, I'll probably finish it before moving back to other things. I used to play it at least yearly, so I was due for a replay.

Besides that, I picked up Battleblock Theater on Steam when it released and have been playing that a bit with some friends online. The Behemoth remains one of my favorite development companies, and Battleblock gets all the fun of the old PDA games on Alien Hominid HD, but with online play as well. Great times!
Earthbound is definitely one of my favorite games. I've been meaning to pick it up on the Wii U as well. I want to play it again, but my girlfriend has never played it, and I don't want to ruin anything for her by playing it in front of her. Maybe once she's done with Ni No Kuni I'll get her to play it...
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1279 on: June 04, 2014, 12:05:01 pm »

I'm about 10 hours in, now. Great little traditional JRPG with lots of puzzle elements in it, just like the first two games. But with much better graphics and sound, being that this one is on DS rather than GBA. I'm sure the story won't be as epic as the first two games, since those came together into 1 big epic story. But I'm enjoying what I've played through so far. It seems more like a love-letter showing appreciation to the first two games, than it is doing it's own thing. But they've done it well, so far.

abe

« Reply #1280 on: June 04, 2014, 12:19:18 pm »
After finishing Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk.2 yesterday, I decided to get back to playing Mugen Souls on the PS3. I'm a few hours in now and quite enjoying it. It's not perfect, but it's got some really interesting and unique game mechanics. I also decided to start Killer is Dead after picking up the PS3 version on Monday. Wow, what an awesome game. I'm really liking the art and music. It's the quality I'd expect from a SUDA51 title.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1281 on: June 04, 2014, 02:34:45 pm »
After finishing Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk.2 yesterday, I decided to get back to playing Mugen Souls on the PS3. I'm a few hours in now and quite enjoying it. It's not perfect, but it's got some really interesting and unique game mechanics. I also decided to start Killer is Dead after picking up the PS3 version on Monday. Wow, what an awesome game. I'm really liking the art and music. It's the quality I'd expect from a SUDA51 title.

Did you get/are you getting Mugen Souls Z?

I've got both MS games in my backlog (no need to feel bad for 'em though...they've got LOTS of company there)!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #1282 on: June 04, 2014, 03:04:36 pm »

Did you get/are you getting Mugen Souls Z?

I've got both MS games in my backlog (no need to feel bad for 'em though...they've got LOTS of company there)!

I do plan on getting Mugen Souls Z in the future, but unfortunately there's too many other things I need first, especially since this year has been packed with great releases. Gameplay-wise, Mugen Souls plays similarly to Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory and Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk.2, though Mugen Souls focuses on the concept of "moe", in and outside of battle quite a bit. The brand of humor is also the same sort of thing you'd expect from any other Compile Heart game.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 03:07:10 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

scott

« Reply #1283 on: June 04, 2014, 03:27:54 pm »
Now that I can see all my Game Boy games I've been on a huge Game Boy kick (also means I stopped playing Panzer Dragoon Saga again). So far I've knocked out Super Mario Land 1 and 2. Thinking of starting up Final Fantasy Adventure next.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #1284 on: June 04, 2014, 05:36:46 pm »
Murdered: Soul Suspect.

The combat and general UI wonkiness in the PC port is pissing me off like no other game ever has. I don't use a gamepad. I don't want to be forced to use a gamepad. But the developers screwed up that bit of the port, badly - or they were just fired before they could finish cleaning it up since the studio doesn't exist anymore.

Thanks, Squeenix!

soera

« Reply #1285 on: June 04, 2014, 05:58:02 pm »
(also means I stopped playing Panzer Dragoon Saga again).

Damn you Scott! You are prolonging my wait.  ;)

90snostalga

« Reply #1286 on: June 04, 2014, 06:14:42 pm »

I think Scott should just send you his copy and let you enjoy the fun while he procrastinates  :)

soera

« Reply #1287 on: June 04, 2014, 06:33:26 pm »

I think Scott should just send you his copy and let you enjoy the fun while he procrastinates  :)

I think this sounds like a fabulous idea!

scott

« Reply #1288 on: June 04, 2014, 10:32:37 pm »
Haha, this game is never leaving my house. :P
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

argyle

« Reply #1289 on: June 06, 2014, 12:20:12 am »
So I've had a hard time getting into Watch Dogs this week.  One reason is that it's gotten a bit repetitive, but honestly I think the biggest thing is I'm just not in the mood for it right now.  It's not a bad game at all, it's just not what I want to be playing.  So I'm thinking I'm gonna go ahead & trade it in - with the values that are being offered, combined with the deal I got on it in the first place, I'll end up making about $10 on it anyway.  ;)

I'm really thinking it's time for a good JRPG.  I certainly have enough in my backlog!  It's probably going to be between Tales of Symphonia HD & Drakengard 3...and I'm leaning towards Symphonia. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis