Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514925 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1620 on: October 22, 2014, 10:26:32 pm »
I just started playing The Evil Within but I'm not sure I'm going to keep playing it. Chapter 1 was awesome, it felt dangerous and really eerie; but then I got into chapter 2 and 3 and it just doesn't have the same feeling anymore. Anyone playing this? does it get better?

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1621 on: October 23, 2014, 03:16:37 am »
I slipped and fell and bought one of those plug & play style Genesis.  I was testing it out the other day and now I've been on a Genesis streak.  In an unrelated story, I found Gunstar Heroes in a pawn shop.  I've been playing a lot of the few Genesis games I really enjoy. 

Gunstar Heroes
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Contra: Hard Corps

Those are all some hard eff'n games.

P.S. I still hate the Genesis controller.

Those first two games are awesomeness indeed!

I'm still trying to get my hands on a copy of Contra: Hard Corps.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1622 on: October 23, 2014, 03:20:42 am »
I gotta say, I am loving The Evil Within. This is absolutely the spiritual successor to Resident Evil 4. The controls are improved - you can move & shoot ;) - and the graphics look fantastic. But it really has that RE4 "feel" to it, in the best possible way. The new setting helps a ton too, because it's off-putting in that I'm not 100% sure what's going on, tho I have my theories. Anyone who loved RE4 but was disappointed by the RE games after that owes it to themselves to give this a try. Heck, even if you liked the sequels - they weren't bad games IMO, they just didn't feel the same - you'd probably still like it.
Hmmm I was interested before and now I'm really interested! Thanks for the write up. I'll have to check this out.

Does it support PS Move controls? Wii RE4 and PS RE5 motion controls have ruined me for playing those style games any other way.

spac316

« Reply #1623 on: October 23, 2014, 04:42:51 am »
Equal amounts of Hyrule Warriors, Destiny(XB1) and Super Smash Bros. on 3DS.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1624 on: October 23, 2014, 09:17:27 am »
I slipped and fell and bought one of those plug & play style Genesis.  I was testing it out the other day and now I've been on a Genesis streak.  In an unrelated story, I found Gunstar Heroes in a pawn shop.  I've been playing a lot of the few Genesis games I really enjoy. 

Gunstar Heroes
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Contra: Hard Corps

Those are all some hard eff'n games.

P.S. I still hate the Genesis controller.

Those first two games are awesomeness indeed!

I'm still trying to get my hands on a copy of Contra: Hard Corps.

I'm looking for a clamshell case for mine.  I have the "Made in Japan" game, but no case.  I have the Majesco re-release for it complete.  It's the same story with Castlevania: Bloodlines.  #CollectorProblems

(See that?  I used a hashtag like the kids to these days!)

« Reply #1625 on: October 23, 2014, 11:33:52 am »

I'm really enjoying it so far. It feel like Batman: Arkham Origins meets Super Metroid, in 2.5D. Batman combat, style, and graphics, with Metroid-like gameplay. As you get access to new gadgets, you can access previously unaccessible areas. Good stuff!

I don't like that they took out the upgrade points system, though. It gives you a bit less incentive to fight enemies and find collectibles.

I don't have a lot of 3DS games (5 of them), but the ones I do have I've really liked a lot. My 3DS XL was a great investment.

The 3DS is filled with great games, especially in the eShop.  If you like RPG's or dungeon crawlers like Legend of Grimrock, be sure to download The Keep on the 3DS immediately.  It's outstanding.  Also, Gunman Clive, Azure Striker Gunvolt, and Chain Blaster if you want something different in a shmup.

argyle

« Reply #1626 on: October 23, 2014, 11:46:24 am »
I gotta say, I am loving The Evil Within. This is absolutely the spiritual successor to Resident Evil 4. The controls are improved - you can move & shoot ;) - and the graphics look fantastic. But it really has that RE4 "feel" to it, in the best possible way. The new setting helps a ton too, because it's off-putting in that I'm not 100% sure what's going on, tho I have my theories. Anyone who loved RE4 but was disappointed by the RE games after that owes it to themselves to give this a try. Heck, even if you liked the sequels - they weren't bad games IMO, they just didn't feel the same - you'd probably still like it.
Hmmm I was interested before and now I'm really interested! Thanks for the write up. I'll have to check this out.

Does it support PS Move controls? Wii RE4 and PS RE5 motion controls have ruined me for playing those style games any other way.

I have no idea - I *suppose* the Move works with the PS4? Maybe? They said it would at one point, but I don't know if any games have come out & said they support it. Regardless, I haven't even used my Move in well over a year much less tried to sync it with my PS4. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #1627 on: October 23, 2014, 01:36:35 pm »

I have no idea - I *suppose* the Move works with the PS4? Maybe? They said it would at one point, but I don't know if any games have come out & said they support it. Regardless, I haven't even used my Move in well over a year much less tried to sync it with my PS4. :P

The PS Move controllers do work on the PS4. Sony has a guide for it here: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5229/~/ps4%3A-ps-move-controller-information
I have absolutely no idea what PS4 games actually work with it though.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1628 on: October 25, 2014, 03:21:42 pm »
Been switching between my Dreamcast, Genesis, and PlayStation.

Dreamcast: Phantasy Star Online
Genesis: Jewel Master
PlayStation: Ogre Battle: March Of The Black Queen

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #1629 on: October 26, 2014, 02:46:45 pm »
Still working on Demon's Souls, but also started up Final Fantasy XIII-2 last night. The prologue section is super rough, and I almost stopped playing after the first hour, but it really evens out nicely after that, and I think I might like it better than XIII. The time travel concept and how it's integrated into the game is actually really cool!

« Reply #1630 on: October 26, 2014, 03:31:17 pm »
Been taking my time with Bayonetta 2 as I'm not wanting to burn through it like I did Hyrule Warriors, because there's actual story and craziness to truly soak in.  Along with that, I'm still playing Hyrule Warriors, over 60 hours into it, trying to get all the weapons and costumes, but some characters just aren't that fun to play...Looking at you Agatha and Lana.

retroone

« Reply #1631 on: October 26, 2014, 04:02:13 pm »
I am currently playing Crazy Taxi. Trying to get all of the achievements for that. It's just that stupid Crazy Box thats holding me back. Only 2 achievements left!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1632 on: October 26, 2014, 06:23:54 pm »
So I'm playing Bayonetta 2 the demo and... I don't get it.

Why is she fighting in the first place? And why do her clothes come off while she's fighting.

The guns in her high heels are cool. No that I think of it I remember playing the demo for the first game on the PS3 a long time back and didn't get it then either.

But damn the graphics are good.

« Reply #1633 on: October 26, 2014, 06:31:42 pm »
So I'm playing Bayonetta 2 the demo and... I don't get it.

Why is she fighting in the first place? And why do her clothes come off while she's fighting.

The guns in her high heels are cool. No that I think of it I remember playing the demo for the first game on the PS3 a long time back and didn't get it then either.

But damn the graphics are good.

Well it's just the demo, so of course nothing is explained story wise, that is what the main game is for.  Even knowing why she is fighting, the game is still batshit crazy lol. 

And her hair forms into her clothing, which is also used for her special attacks and summons, which leads to the hair leaving her body aside from basically a one piece, though most of it is gone for the summons.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1634 on: November 01, 2014, 05:04:43 pm »
Getting ready to pop this in my XBox. Saw it at Redbox when grocery shopping!

« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 05:07:54 pm by burningdoom »