Author Topic: What are your collecting goals for 2015?  (Read 16001 times)

gf78

Re: What are your collecting goals for 2015?
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2015, 07:37:33 pm »
Ah...I already knocked quite a bit of stuff off my list early. Aside from new releases, I'm going to be slowing down dramatically. I'm getting ready to adopt my youngest step daughter that I've raised since she was a year old and is now a beautiful, intelligent 10 year old who loves soccer. Yeah...I'm wrapped around her little finger. With that being said, here are my revised 2015 collecting goals.

1) get a black label copy of Spyro Year of the Dragon to replace my GH copy.
2) get near mint & complete copies of Lunar and Lunar 2 for PlayStation.
3) get a near mint copy of the Arc the Lad PlayStation collection.
4) get a near mint copy of Fear Effect Retro Helix.
5) get a near mint copy of Dark Cloud 2 for the PS2.
6) get all the new PS4 releases that I want. This will happen regardless.
7) near mint copies of Medievil 1 & 2, Jersey Devil and Blasto.
8) near mint copies of Tomba and Tomba 2.

I'm going to try and stick with this. If I see something not on my list but cheap, I'll probably go for it. But I try to stick with a quality over quantity mantra. I don't want incomplete games or games that are beat up. The manual condition is extremely important to me when it comes to original PlayStation titles as that also doubles as the cover art.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

insektmute

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2015, 08:02:58 pm »

I seriously bought this game like 3 times before finding a good one. The first one was marked 'like new' - it arrived covered in Blockbuster stickers and with all the inserts cut up to fit into a slim 2CD case, with 2 of the 4 discs stacked on top of the others. o.O

gf78

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2015, 08:23:06 pm »

I seriously bought this game like 3 times before finding a good one. The first one was marked 'like new' - it arrived covered in Blockbuster stickers and with all the inserts cut up to fit into a slim 2CD case, with 2 of the 4 discs stacked on top of the others. o.O

I would seriously have blown my top on that.  >:(. Hence the reason I have a set of rules I go by on eBay.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2015, 09:19:13 pm »
My goal for this year is more restrained than my general gathering for before, as I want to focus on completing my Zelda collection.  I only need Spirit Tracks for a completion of the main Zelda series run.  My next goal is to then have a complete boxed collection, of which I need Zelda 2, Link to the Past, and most of the Game Boy to Game Boy Advance games.  Also just general additions to my Zelda collection as there's always some guides, figures, and some of the extra side games I need.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2015, 12:47:21 pm »
I would like to buy an M1 Garand this year and get this AK flat built.... After that, ill be happy with my gun collection (for now)
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2015, 01:28:12 pm »
150 PS2 Games
A new system.
10 Saturn Games.
Over summer with the flea market average <$10 per game.

gf78

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2015, 07:12:10 pm »
My goal for this year is more restrained than my general gathering for before, as I want to focus on completing my Zelda collection.  I only need Spirit Tracks for a completion of the main Zelda series run.  My next goal is to then have a complete boxed collection, of which I need Zelda 2, Link to the Past, and most of the Game Boy to Game Boy Advance games.  Also just general additions to my Zelda collection as there's always some guides, figures, and some of the extra side games I need.

Have you ever stopped to consider how crazy we are as collectors?  We will gladly pay $60 for a game complete in box that we could get for $15 cartridge only (an example).  We are basically paying $45 more...for a cardboard. Box.

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2015, 08:27:30 pm »

Have you ever stopped to consider how crazy we are as collectors?  We will gladly pay $60 for a game complete in box that we could get for $15 cartridge only (an example).  We are basically paying $45 more...for a cardboard. Box.

But the box LOOKS so good! lol I'm basically battling against this idea with Zelda 2.  I hate this game, but I need it boxed for my collection and it costs a fortune lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2015, 09:29:16 pm »
I don't care about that. If it runs okay and is a legitimate copy, I'm happy, I don't need the box, especially when its cheap

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2015, 09:54:08 pm »

A card board box with unique artwork. And don't forget the manual. More artwork plus sometimes I learn there are moves, techniques, and special touches to the game I never knew about until I read the manual.

My so and I both got a kick out of reading the Super Mario Bros. instruction manual.

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2015, 10:18:34 pm »

A card board box with unique artwork. And don't forget the manual. More artwork plus sometimes I learn there are moves, techniques, and special touches to the game I never knew about until I read the manual.

My so and I both got a kick out of reading the Super Mario Bros. instruction manual.

I'm less about manuals personally.  The only extras I care about is if the game has like a map or something that came with it.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2015, 12:05:41 am »
I have a new goal for this year.

Don't go broke finishing out my wishlist! :)

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2015, 01:36:08 am »

Metal Gear Solid had me running around for hours!! "Check the CD case" or something like that for Meryl's Freq number. I didn't realize it was the actual CD game case that the game was telling me to look at. Sometimes you just gotta have the packaging.

As far as goals, I'm gonna try and get rid of some stuff this year. I don't really have the space for toys, figures etc. I think I'd rather just have more games  ::)

gf78

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2015, 08:23:25 pm »

But the box LOOKS so good! lol I'm basically battling against this idea with Zelda 2.  I hate this game, but I need it boxed for my collection and it costs a fortune lol

Oh trust me, I agree!  I pass up good games all the time because they are incomplete. And Zelda II?  I despised that game. Was it because it was genuinely bad to me?  Or was it because it was a completely jarring change from the 1st Zelda and I didn't want to accept that change?  I loved A Link to the Past, so I have to lean toward the latter. I may have to revisit it some time.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2015, 08:46:16 pm »
Zelda II is one of my favorite NES games. I also love it's clone, Battle of Olympus. It's definetly the oddball of the series, though. I like other oddball in the series games, too, like SMB 2 and Castlevania II. Just a coincidence, though, I'm not going out of my way to try and like them or anything.