Author Topic: February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 36841 times)

gf78

Re: February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #165 on: February 17, 2015, 02:40:49 pm »
Currently on the way from Japan are two Super Famicom games; Ganbare Goemon 4 and Shounen Ashibe :)

I've been looking at Famicom's and Super Famicom's (the systems) on eBay for awhile now.  It's amazing to see how many of them have the original boxes, manuals, etc. included and in great condition.  I'm thoroughly convinced that the Japanese just have way more respect for their belongings than Americans (in general).  You can buy boxed, complete games in fantastic condition all day long from Japan for a fraction of the cost for the US versions that are just a beat-up, grody looking cartridge.  I should have my copy of Chrono Trigger Super Famicom in today.  As long as it survived shipping, the box is bright white, great condition with no tears and just one little ding on one side flap.  Here's hoping for the best!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

spac316

« Reply #166 on: February 17, 2015, 04:04:39 pm »
Got 1942(5-Screw) for NES, Konami's Arcade Advance(CiB) for GBA and Jupiter Strike(Long Box) for PS1.
So now with that, that's my 150th NES game! Didn't realize till I added it to my list!

« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:08:25 pm by spac316 »

« Reply #167 on: February 17, 2015, 04:16:40 pm »
I've been looking at Famicom's and Super Famicom's (the systems) on eBay for awhile now.  It's amazing to see how many of them have the original boxes, manuals, etc. included and in great condition.  I'm thoroughly convinced that the Japanese just have way more respect for their belongings than Americans (in general).  You can buy boxed, complete games in fantastic condition all day long from Japan for a fraction of the cost for the US versions that are just a beat-up, grody looking cartridge.  I should have my copy of Chrono Trigger Super Famicom in today.  As long as it survived shipping, the box is bright white, great condition with no tears and just one little ding on one side flap.  Here's hoping for the best!

Yep, I've gone from looking at PAL SNES games for about £40/50 at least to double or even triple in who knows what kind of condition, to Super Famicom games from £5/10 in (usually) great shape :D

I'm almost positive your CT will be in the exact same condition as in the pictures. All but one of my games from Japan have been sent in a nice big box with plenty of padding. Can you read Japanese? I was thinking of getting Chrono Trigger, and just trying to play it without reading anything. I have the DS version so I can play it properly on that, but I'd just like to have the SFC version (As well as some others like Super Mario RPG, Mother 2, FFs etc).

« Reply #168 on: February 17, 2015, 05:55:35 pm »
Finally got this in, though it seemed to have barely made it as one side of the box was smashed and you can see it smashed enough to bend the box itself in, though luckily the figure seems to be intact.  Not good packaging on Gamestops part.  All they did was put some inflated bags on the side to keep it from bouncing around, but because it was smashed up against the side, any damage to the box would clearly damage the game...SIGH...Oh well, at least I got it.

abe

« Reply #169 on: February 17, 2015, 06:05:48 pm »
Finally got this in, though it seemed to have barely made it as one side of the box was smashed and you can see it smashed enough to bend the box itself in, though luckily the figure seems to be intact.  Not good packaging on Gamestops part.  All they did was put some inflated bags on the side to keep it from bouncing around, but because it was smashed up against the side, any damage to the box would clearly damage the game...SIGH...Oh well, at least I got it.

Stuff like this happens way too much when ordering online. I've had problems like this with Amazon before. Packing something properly before it gets shipped out is not particularly complicated, and I don't see why companies think this kind of incompetence is okay.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #170 on: February 17, 2015, 06:18:21 pm »
Stuff like this happens way too much when ordering online. I've had problems like this with Amazon before. Packing something properly before it gets shipped out is not particularly complicated, and I don't see why companies think this kind of incompetence is okay.

I got my New 3DS from best Best Buy and it shipped just fine, sandwiched between two sets of the inflatable cushions, done right.  All they had to do with this was put those bags around the item in the middle, and some cushioning on top and bottom to make sure it can take a hit since it's guaranteed to take a tumble through shipping and at worse, get smashed in some place.  Competence! It's all I ask! lol

karyann

« Reply #171 on: February 17, 2015, 07:27:53 pm »

Ugh, this is awful  :( My friend saw a Gamestop employee carry those boxes with only his fingers in the mask's top holes... Gotta hate it when people aren't careful  :-\

argyle

« Reply #172 on: February 17, 2015, 07:41:03 pm »
Good news: I finally got my MM New 3DS XL! :D

Bad news: The "geniuses" at BB shipped it in a padded envelope.  ??? >:(  So of course, the box got dinged up in shipping.  Who ships a $200 piece of electronics - nevermind that it's an extremely collectible and hard-to-find item - in a padded envelope??
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #173 on: February 17, 2015, 07:58:04 pm »

Bad news: The "geniuses" at BB shipped it in a padded envelope.  ??? >:(  So of course, the box got dinged up in shipping.  Who ships a $200 piece of electronics - nevermind that it's an extremely collectible and hard-to-find item - in a padded envelope??

Seriously? I got my regular New 3DS from Best Buy and it came in a box that was like 3 times the thickness of the system so that they could pillow it on either side with the big inflated bags.  I see CD's and DVD's come in padded envelopes, but an expensive and rare electronic? I'd be pissed about that.

argyle

« Reply #174 on: February 17, 2015, 07:58:52 pm »

Seriously? I got my regular New 3DS from Best Buy and it came in a box that was like 3 times the thickness of the system so that they could pillow it on either side with the big inflated bags.  I see CD's and DVD's come in padded envelopes, but an expensive and rare electronic? I'd be pissed about that.

Believe me, I am.  >:(
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2015, 08:39:13 pm »
Well my 3DS+ got delayed.  :(

Outside of that a copy of Saints Row the Third the Full Package came today so excuse me while I go take my frustration out on people with a giant purple... well you know what that game contains

maximo310

« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2015, 10:43:18 pm »
Well I got a bunch of stuff this last week from gs, including:
Monster Hunter 4 CE,
 Metroid Prime 3: Corruption,
Spirit Camera,
Batalion Wars 2,
Ocean Commander,
Gem Smashers, and a CIB Dokapon Kingdom(wii)!

argyle

« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2015, 11:10:22 pm »
CIB Dokapon? Nice! :D

Here's my full MM haul:

IMG_4417

maximo310

« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2015, 11:40:28 pm »
CIB Dokapon? Nice! :D

Here's my full MM haul:

IMG_4417
Wow! You've got some nice pickups there.
I hadn't seen a complete copy of this game in any gs in my area and I've wanted it in my collection, so I picked it up. However, I think it is the reprint version because of the colored disc, and the P in the item number. At least I got the game now.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #179 on: February 18, 2015, 12:55:30 am »
Very nice indeed!