Author Topic: February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 36834 times)

amauriel

Re: February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #180 on: February 18, 2015, 03:18:28 pm »
Not a game, but my hardcover Mother 3 Handbook from FanGamer came in yesterday evening. Ronalopolis gave it to me for a Valentine's gift (by which I mean I ordered it and told him that was what he was getting me) and I'm just waiting for the cart to come in so I can play Mother 3 in English on my Mother 3 GBA Micro. (I already have the game in Japanese, since it was bundled with the system, but my Japanese just isn't good enough to have a good grasp on the story, and I want to experience it right.)

Ronalopolis, on the other hand, got the Majora's Mask New 3DS so he's been playing with that.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

bobster

« Reply #181 on: February 18, 2015, 03:25:57 pm »
Not a game, but my hardcover Mother 3 Handbook from FanGamer came in yesterday evening. Ronalopolis gave it to me for a Valentine's gift (by which I mean I ordered it and told him that was what he was getting me) and I'm just waiting for the cart to come in so I can play Mother 3 in English on my Mother 3 GBA Micro. (I already have the game in Japanese, since it was bundled with the system, but my Japanese just isn't good enough to have a good grasp on the story, and I want to experience it right.)

Ronalopolis, on the other hand, got the Majora's Mask New 3DS so he's been playing with that.
Oh man you're in for a treat. The FanGamer handbook is fantastic (and one reason I want/wanted to support their You are now Earthbound kickstarter.) and is amazingly awesome by itself. Also, Mother 3 is fantastic as well! Definitely not a disappointment after all those years or waiting for it to come stateside.

P.S. So jealous of your Mother 3 Micro. I want one so hard!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

theflea

« Reply #182 on: February 18, 2015, 03:32:18 pm »
Went game hunting the other day and traveled out of state.
Here's what I found.

Amiibo
My local Toys R Us called me to tell me they got my Amiibo I pre-ordered in.
- Lucario

3DS
Stopped at a used game store and saw this for $20 Complete with art book and soundtrack.
- Code of Princess

PS3
A target had a huge clearance bin of PS3 games for $5 each.
- Bakugan: Defenders of the Core
- Binary Domain
- Spec Ops: The Line

Wii
Saw this cheap in great shape.
- SNK Arcade Classics

XB360
A Wal-Mart had this reduced to $10.
- The Serious Sam Collection

NDS
Picked up these from a used game store that had a lot of nice stuff but most was over priced.
They had a sale on NDS games so I got these.
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
- Lunar: Dragon Song

PS2
Stopped at a Gamestop and some guy was there selling his games and as he walked past me he handed me a stack of games saying "here wants some games?" I took the stack most I already had or just junk movies but there was a Wild Arms anime DVD in there and this game I didn't have.  :P
- Dance Dance Revolution: Supernova 2

GBC
CIB for $2... sure why not.
- Gobs of Games

GB
Found these cheap.
- Spider-Man 3
- Snow Brothers

SMS
Saw this for $30 and at first I didn't think much of it til I looked online and saw it sold for $60+ CIB.
- Kings Quest: Quest for the Crown

"Happy game hunting!!!"

thekosmickollector

« Reply #183 on: February 18, 2015, 04:16:29 pm »
Not been getting anything too fantastic recently but there's some pretty cool stuff. The Game Boy games in the picture came to just under £4 and I've also acquired Amped 3 on the 360 and PlayStation All-Stars for the PS3 :D

foxhack

« Reply #184 on: February 18, 2015, 04:40:33 pm »
I FOUND A WHOPPING 109 GAMES TODAY!

Okay not really.

$4 total.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #185 on: February 18, 2015, 04:55:30 pm »
I FOUND A WHOPPING 109 GAMES TODAY!

Okay not really.

$4 total.

Compilations are awesome. You get so many games for cheap.

I still need that Intellivision Lives! one, and I believe my collection is complete on compilations. I have a LOT of them.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2015, 05:16:49 pm »

I got my New 3DS from best Best Buy and it shipped just fine, sandwiched between two sets of the inflatable cushions, done right.  All they had to do with this was put those bags around the item in the middle, and some cushioning on top and bottom to make sure it can take a hit since it's guaranteed to take a tumble through shipping and at worse, get smashed in some place.  Competence! It's all I ask! lol

I received my New 3DS from Best Buy with both inflatable bags put on top of the system instead of sandwiched between. So even the same system produced two different results!
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #187 on: February 18, 2015, 07:08:46 pm »
Picked up:
Mark of Kri
Red Steel

Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #188 on: February 18, 2015, 07:32:14 pm »
Picked up my Majora's Mask LE from Gamestop this afternoon and then after work I went over to Best Buy to get a new ink cartridge for my printer and thought i'd ask about this kick ass Majora's Mask promotional stand. Asked the manager if I could have it and he said "sure!" Was actually a little happier to get the stand then the game, not going to lie :p

« Reply #189 on: February 18, 2015, 07:34:54 pm »
Picked up my Majora's Mask LE from Gamestop this afternoon and then after work I went over to Best Buy to get a new ink cartridge for my printer and thought i'd ask about this kick ass Majora's Mask promotional stand. Asked the manager if I could have it and he said "sure!" Was actually a little happier to get the stand then the game, not going to lie :p

Man I really wanted that stand myself lol Saw it at Gamestop, but at some point they vanished from the store before the game released.

scott

« Reply #190 on: February 18, 2015, 08:31:09 pm »
Caulk up another PS2 entry!

My PS2 collection hits 120 with it now too and my wishlist now sits at 119. Still a lot of wants to go.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

spac316

« Reply #191 on: February 18, 2015, 08:57:29 pm »
Kirby Super Star ultra for NDS came in the mail today.

foxhack

« Reply #192 on: February 18, 2015, 10:05:32 pm »

My PS2 collection hits 120 with it now too and my wishlist now sits at 119. Still a lot of wants to go.

Be sure to save often. The game crashed on my PS2 once in a while... it's was fine otherwise. :(

devancowan

« Reply #193 on: February 18, 2015, 10:35:45 pm »
Finally picked up Smash for the 3ds as well as a link amiibo  :)

scott

« Reply #194 on: February 18, 2015, 11:28:15 pm »

Be sure to save often. The game crashed on my PS2 once in a while... it's was fine otherwise. :(

Ya... I read about the crashing...
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread