Author Topic: VGC Podcast  (Read 111670 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC Podcast
« Reply #495 on: April 02, 2015, 10:48:35 pm »
Is an hour going to be enough from now on? Seriously, get a bunch of gamers together and we'll never stop talking. I had so much fun tonight; probably the most fun not only in terms of a podcast, but in general.

I'll post thoughts tomorrow after I listen to it.

It's always best to end with us and the listeners wanting more. :)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #496 on: April 02, 2015, 11:06:54 pm »
Watching now, totally lost track of time today haha
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

pacpix

« Reply #497 on: April 03, 2015, 02:12:23 am »
I think a mrnikon song is required for every future podcast
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #498 on: April 03, 2015, 09:36:24 am »
Just for me to watch once again.

mrnikon

« Reply #499 on: April 03, 2015, 10:21:06 am »
I think a mrnikon song is required for every future podcast
I can try that, but don't know if i can do that every time.

mrnikon

« Reply #500 on: April 03, 2015, 10:26:28 am »
Is an hour going to be enough from now on? Seriously, get a bunch of gamers together and we'll never stop talking. I had so much fun tonight; probably the most fun not only in terms of a podcast, but in general.

Maybe we should have one main topic, and if that runs out of steam we can switch to another topic.

kashell

« Reply #501 on: April 03, 2015, 10:37:59 am »

Maybe we should have one main topic, and if that runs out of steam we can switch to another topic.

I like that idea. One main topic with maybe a few sub-topics. That way, we won't feel as compelled to move things along at a brisk pace and feel rushed. I just finished listening and here my thoughts.

The Good: Great group, as per usual. I love seeing everyone show off their goods. Except for Shaq-Fu. dashy-poo, we want to gain listeners...not alienate them. ^.~ Also, I really liked how we had lots to say about all of the topics, and then some! The time flew by.  Finally, 'DAT SONG!!!

The Bad: When I was recording, some of the others had some camera issues. When I listened today, my sound quality was up and down. I'm not sure  what happened. Hopefully things will be better next time.

The Ugly: I forgot to put a poster behind me! The white wall in my background looked like a school photo.

So yeah, tons of fun. Thanks to bad@chaos for educating us on the Nintendo remote control car. Thanks to dashv for joining; always a pleasure. Thanks to fauxshot for inspiring some new topic ideas. Thanks to mrnikon for setting it up and for serenading meus. Thanks to redblaze for the nifty topic idea.

mrnikon

« Reply #502 on: April 03, 2015, 11:45:37 am »

I like that idea. One main topic with maybe a few sub-topics. That way, we won't feel as compelled to move things along at a brisk pace and feel rushed. I just finished listening and here my thoughts.

The Good: Great group, as per usual. I love seeing everyone show off their goods. Except for Shaq-Fu. dashy-poo, we want to gain listeners...not alienate them. ^.~ Also, I really liked how we had lots to say about all of the topics, and then some! The time flew by.  Finally, 'DAT SONG!!!

The Bad: When I was recording, some of the others had some camera issues. When I listened today, my sound quality was up and down. I'm not sure  what happened. Hopefully things will be better next time.

The Ugly: I forgot to put a poster behind me! The white wall in my background looked like a school photo.

So yeah, tons of fun. Thanks to bad@chaos for educating us on the Nintendo remote control car. Thanks to dashv for joining; always a pleasure. Thanks to fauxshot for inspiring some new topic ideas. Thanks to mrnikon for setting it up and for serenading meus. Thanks to redblaze for the nifty topic idea.
And my goofball pups feeling left out...(BARK BARK BARK...)

Maybe a clip mic would help? This is what I use.
http://www.amazon.com/PYLE-PRO-PLMC15-Omnidirectional-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B005UJQ2TY/ref=sr_1_20?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1428075835&sr=1-20&keywords=pyle+microphone

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #503 on: April 03, 2015, 11:52:39 am »
That shit pisses me off when games dont come with cases. and now i hate gamestop even more lol

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #504 on: April 03, 2015, 12:07:56 pm »
If it's longer than that will people listen? Another issue you might have is the later it gets people might have to drop off the broadcast.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #505 on: April 03, 2015, 12:11:43 pm »
If it's longer than that will people listen? Another issue you might have is the later it gets people might have to drop off the broadcast.

I think an hour long is perfect. 2 shows a week, 2 hours a week. We don't wanna go too long, like you said, people might not bother watching (short attention span), people leaving, and we will run out of materiel quick if we always had long shows.

But yes, when on the show, the hour goes by fast. We will likely have long shows during E3 week though, since I don't see an hour long show cutting it for all the news coming out and everyone wanting to discuss it. 

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #506 on: April 03, 2015, 12:41:04 pm »
I'll look into that microphone. Thanks for the recommendation.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #507 on: April 03, 2015, 11:43:42 pm »

I wouldn't listen to a 2 hour show. :)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #508 on: April 03, 2015, 11:56:31 pm »

I would if Mr Nikon and Dash sang us songs :p

1049-2600-8730

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #509 on: April 04, 2015, 03:56:47 am »

I would if Mr Nikon and Dash sang us songs :p

Any requests?