Author Topic: May 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 25228 times)

doafan

Re: May 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2015, 12:00:24 pm »
The end of this month is coming and still continue trying to archive my goal to complete 100 NES titles and today I'll add another two Capcom games to my collection, was able to found the greatest Section Z at Mercado Libre Mexico in a very good condition for less than 7 bucks, this game bring me a lot of good memories when life was much easier, grown up is a trap in all senses but that's besides the point, the second title was found in a store in the Mall and am talking about Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight, this little fella was kinda alone with some SNES games so for 11 bucks I decided to give it a home, even when a lot of people talk crap about it years ago I read an awesome review that made things little easier about purchasing it or not, it's practically in mint condition almost like new  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2015, 07:43:10 pm »
The end of this month is coming and still continue trying to archive my goal to complete 100 NES titles and today I'll add another two Capcom games to my collection, was able to found the greatest Section Z at Mercado Libre Mexico in a very good condition for less than 7 bucks, this game bring me a lot of good memories when life was much easier, grown up is a trap in all senses but that's besides the point, the second title was found in a store in the Mall and am talking about Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight, this little fella was kinda alone with some SNES games so for 11 bucks I decided to give it a home, even when a lot of people talk crap about it years ago I read an awesome review that made things little easier about purchasing it or not, it's practically in mint condition almost like new  8)

Street Fighter 2010 is an alright game. Most people spewing hate were hoping for a NES Street Fighter game in the traditional side scrolling beat em up sense.

It's not that kind of game. It's more like Strider.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2015, 08:51:41 pm »

Seeing those Capcom labels is a thing of beauty. Capcom was the best game publisher back then not named Nintendo, as far as I'm concerned.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2015, 11:43:49 pm »
Got some Game Gear... er, gear on Craigslist:

2 GameGears (both need new caps)
2 HandyGears
1 Case
1 Car Adapter (supports 2 GameGears from one adaptor!)
AC Adaptor (works)

Games:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2 copies)
the Majors Pro Baseball
the Chessmaster
Taz Mania
Greendog
Batman Returns
G*LOC Air Battle
Super Off Road
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat II
Jurassic Park

A Handful of manuals:

A couple posters:

We'll see if a new cap kit and LED lighting mod bring the 2 GameGears back. :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 12:25:20 am by dashv »

doafan

« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2015, 11:42:47 am »
Got some Game Gear... er, gear on Craigslist:

2 GameGears (both need new caps)
2 HandyGears
1 Case
1 Car Adapter (supports 2 GameGears from one adaptor!)
AC Adaptor (works)

http://i58.tinypic.com/vy1wed.jpg

Holly cow that was the dream of a lot of kids years ago and right now it has become mine too, without a doubt it is pure classic travel stuff to avoid getting bored during a trip, damn I do miss those old good times when games were like this anyway saw the following image days ago and a lot of good memories and moments came back to my mind also to remember me that am to fucking old  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

thecrypticodor

« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2015, 02:44:45 pm »

Picked up some reproduction carts from the good people over in Shenzhen China. They were only $25-30 each shipping included which is a lot better than the $160-200 something original copies of Mega Man 7 and Earthbound are going for.

Tales of Phantasia and Seiken Densetsu 3 weren't released outside of Japan. So picking up English translated copies of these in a physical form is awesome.

kashell

« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2015, 02:47:52 pm »
@thecrypticodo: Hey now, that's pretty nifty! I didn't know that you could get the carts translated. Did they come with manuals, boxes and the like? Either way, that's awesome that they do that. Secret of Mana 2 (or SD3) is a fantastic game that I need to have back in my life. Angela and Liese are hella-fierce.

EDIT: I got so excited about the SoM2 cart that I forgot to mention an update. @_@ As you can see in my sig, I got a few things:

Time Stalkers for the Dreamcast

Sword of the Berserker for the Dreamcast

Dance Dance Revolution Extreme for the PS2

Shining Force Neo for the PS2

The Kirby Collection...thing for the Wii. Hopefully this last one will motivate to finally get DAT Wii U.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:51:23 pm by kashell »

spac316

« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2015, 05:49:06 pm »
Got Super Off Road for SNES and Donkey Konga 1&2 with DK Bongos for Gamecube today!

foxhack

« Reply #128 on: May 26, 2015, 05:56:17 pm »
Picked up some reproduction carts from the good people over in Shenzhen China.

*Stares disapprovingly*

*Judging intensifies*

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #129 on: May 26, 2015, 06:01:43 pm »
While 11/13 of these are issues I've had since XMAS, I finally picked up the last 2 issues I needed to complete the Official Dreamcast Magazine collection. What a complete set looks like :D

Out of all the finds in May this is the one I am the most jealous of...

thecrypticodor

« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2015, 06:19:15 pm »
Picked up some reproduction carts from the good people over in Shenzhen China.

*Stares disapprovingly*

*Judging intensifies*
What's there to disapprove of? I've seen others post pics of reproduction games. It's not like I'm divulging where I got em. ;)

foxhack

« Reply #131 on: May 26, 2015, 06:28:07 pm »
What's there to disapprove of? I've seen others post pics of reproduction games. It's not like I'm divulging where I got em. ;)

Well other than the fact that you paid $120 for bootleg carts when you could've bought a flash cart for about the same price... those carts never, ever, ever get permission from the original game hackers.

Yes, we care. We care a whole lot.

I shouldn't be crapping on your finds and I'm sorry but they're a really sore point for me.

thecrypticodor

« Reply #132 on: May 26, 2015, 07:16:28 pm »

Well other than the fact that you paid $120 for bootleg carts when you could've bought a flash cart for about the same price... those carts never, ever, ever get permission from the original game hackers.

Yes, we care. We care a whole lot.

I shouldn't be crapping on your finds and I'm sorry but they're a really sore point for me.
Who's to say that I don't already own a flash cart. By that same logic why would I spend money on any cartridge based game when I could just use a flash cart. I like having a dedicated cartridge copy. Spending $200 bucks on ebay for a game like Earthbound knowing that probably around 10-15 percent of them being sold on there are fakes anyway is not particularly appealing to me.

I didn't see any problem with the guy who posted his Secret of Mana 2 and his Chrono Triger repros last month. Or the myriad of others who have posted them before on this site. I don't see why this focus is on poor little thecrypticodor  :'(

foxhack

« Reply #133 on: May 26, 2015, 07:30:33 pm »
Who's to say that I don't already own a flash cart. By that same logic why would I spend money on any cartridge based game when I could just use a flash cart. I like having a dedicated cartridge copy. Spending $200 bucks on ebay for a game like Earthbound knowing that probably around 10-15 percent of them being sold on there are fakes anyway is not particularly appealing to me.

I didn't see any problem with the guy who posted his Secret of Mana 2 and his Chrono Triger repros last month. Or the myriad of others who have posted them before on this site. I don't see why this focus is on poor little thecrypticodor  :'(

I've actually said this to a lot of people. Repro game creators and sellers are scum. Argho230328jd8wed-28djw9dj

This is why I rarely reply to these posts. I should just shut the hell up.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #134 on: May 26, 2015, 07:32:27 pm »
I don't understand the idea behind buying a flash cart, at all. If you're gonna go the emulation route, why not just download them for free?