Author Topic: June 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 26291 times)

foxhack

Re: June 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 03:18:19 pm »
... that is the first time I've ever seen a NES cart that wasn't made by Nintendo.

This nine year old (!) thread at RF Generation mentions a bunch of European games that were like that.

Edit: I have finds, I just need to um, take pictures first. >_>

foxhack

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 10:38:17 pm »
Double post time!

I went to search for things for the shop today and didn't get much of anything... until I visited a guy that sells things he buys from a specific seller who clears out his merchandise on Monday afternoon. I saw a box underneath a table and asked if it was taken, he said no. It had a ton of console demo discs! I grabbed these three for reselling (sorry!)

I paid and said "I wish I could take them all... I don't have much cash on me right now, maybe I'll have some money later in the week." And then the seller said "Well... I'll sell you the rest of the box for five bucks and you pay me later in the week. How's that sound?" Pretty fair, actually. So I left with way too many discs! I'm not sure ALL of them are here, not yet - but I figured I'd take a gamble.

Playstation Underground 2.2, 2.3 and 3.1
PS Interactive Sampler Disks 5 and 9
MLB 2001 Demo CD

Official Sega Dreamcast Magazine discs November 99, Volume 3, 4, 5, 6, and 9 (plus a sleeve for 7)
Generator Volume 1

About 25 different Official PlayStation Magazine discs (some have two or more discs)

14 Official PlayStation Magazine PS2 discs
PS2 Holiday 2004 Demo Disc
PS2 PlayStation Underground Demo Disc

Gamestation Tokyo Game Show 2000 two CD set (no idea what this is from)
Edit: Okay, it's a couple of Chinese VCDs with a bunch of trailers camera videos from TGS 2000. As in, they set up a tripod and recorded those from the monitors. There's even people walking in front of the camera...

And the thing that made the sale for me...

Demolition Racer: The Soundtrack. Sooooooooo 90s-tastic!

Oh and there was a loose The King of Fighters '97 Sega Saturn CD and a loose Need for Speed Underground 2 PS2 disc in there. Woo. I guess.

Fun fact: The address on one of those PS Underground sets is from New Jersey.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 11:02:00 pm by foxhack »

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2015, 10:51:27 pm »
... that is the first time I've ever seen a NES cart that wasn't made by Nintendo.
This nine year old (!) thread at RF Generation mentions a bunch of European games that were like that.
Edit: I have finds, I just need to um, take pictures first. >_>

Later on during the NES lifespan Mattel distributed some NES consoles in the US. Bandai in France, Hyundai in South Korea. With that said, I've never heard of Acclaim doing this either. This would make sense if this was on the Famicom or something... but on NES? Definitely interesting piece you got there doafan.

doafan

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 10:58:09 am »
Yesterday I had a talk with some people at a different forum and none of them wasn't able to tell me if the cartridge is original, where one of them told me that he need to check it out personally which was pretty stupid cause he ask me if there was any chance that I can send it to his address and then he will return it, so I want to believe that it's kinda rare, this weekend will check the rest of my cartridges to see if another one has this condition  :P

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2015, 01:07:40 pm »
foxhack, about a month or two back a guy on a comic message board that I buy comics from sent me most of those demos. The PlayStation Underground ones are really cool as they have tons of game saves for various games loaded with cheats, in-game items, and exclusives.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2015, 03:11:47 pm »
Finally

:-[

doafan

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2015, 03:22:12 pm »
And I was ashamed to have the Zumba game at my collection, no offense but it seems that you were looking this game in specific, can I ask why ?, it's just curiosity a lot of it  :-\

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2015, 04:47:06 pm »
God I would pay so much for the dreamcast demo discs haha. Also props to Bad@chaos for beating me to this thread. I'll take a pic of what I found on the first when I get home!

foxhack

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2015, 05:03:55 pm »
foxhack, about a month or two back a guy on a comic message board that I buy comics from sent me most of those demos. The PlayStation Underground ones are really cool as they have tons of game saves for various games loaded with cheats, in-game items, and exclusives.

Neat. I'll see what I can dig up from those. :)

Finally

And I was ashamed to have the Zumba game at my collection, no offense but it seems that you were looking this game in specific, can I ask why ?, it's just curiosity a lot of it  :-\

Maybe he's like me and loves trashy games. Have you seen the kind of crap I own? :P Speaking of, today's finds:

Battlestrike: Western and Eastern Front (Force of Resistance 2 + Royal Marines Commando) (PC) - $1.50
Fire Fight - Limited Edition Interactive Preview - $1
Spider-Man 3 (new in jewel case) - $1.50
The Land Before Time: Great Valley Racing Adventure (PS1) - $3

FINALLY, I regretted passing up that PS1 game some time ago. NEED MORE TRASH

argyle

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2015, 05:17:58 pm »
God I would pay so much for the dreamcast demo discs haha. Also props to Bad@chaos for beating me to this thread. I'll take a pic of what I found on the first when I get home!

I have gone back & forth so many times on whether or not to sell my complete set of DC mags (minus issue zero) and demo disks. Sometimes I feel like I hang onto them just to say I have them, and they'd be better served with a more serious DC collector than me.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

doafan

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2015, 05:41:36 pm »
Maybe he's like me and loves trashy games. Have you seen the kind of crap I own? :

I just took a fast look but it seems that you are missing a lot of crap and am talking about the good one since wasn't able to see nothing from the NES, don't get the wrong idea I do love this console, it has a lot of awesome games but it also has a lot of crappy tiltes that will perfectly fit your taste  ;D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:45:12 pm by doafan »

spac316

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2015, 08:17:22 pm »
Finally got Ness and Pac-Man today, as well as Fire Pro Returns for PS2, making that my 100th PS2 game! ;D

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2015, 09:05:47 pm »

I have gone back & forth so many times on whether or not to sell my complete set of DC mags (minus issue zero) and demo disks. Sometimes I feel like I hang onto them just to say I have them, and they'd be better served with a more serious DC collector than me.

If you ever want to seriously sell contact me please :)

soera

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2015, 01:42:07 am »

Not sure I would ever play this game but I would stare at her forever. She is gorgeous.

davifus

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2015, 01:45:40 am »
Finally

Looks like a FABULOUS Game.

10/10
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)