Author Topic: June 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 27038 times)

stealthrush

Re: June 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2015, 03:50:06 pm »
Just got Tecmo's Deception (loose) for 10 coins, and Trapt (loose) for 10 coins over at 99gamers.

theflea

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2015, 02:56:16 am »
It was an AWESOME weekend, picked up some great finds. Garage sales were good to me this week.

Store pick ups.

3DS
- Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven
- Rhythm Thief

NDS
- Radiant Historia

Now for the garage sales.  ;)

3DS
At a sale I found two 2DS's complete in box and a lot of games, they wanted $250 for everything and I didn't want to spend that much, I asked about separating the lot. While i was talking to the lady a notorious Reseller shows up and butts in and starts scanning all the games. And pretty much low balls asking prices so bad they acted like they didn't want to do any deals for  him or me. After he left, I tried to get somekind of deal and best they would do is was $75 on one of the 2DS so I passed, best I could get them to go on this game was $20, being half the price. I bought the one game.
- Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

PS3
Found several games I was missing from several sales cheap. 
- Fallout 3 ($2)
- Nascar the Game: Inside Line ($2)
- Family Game Night 4 ($2)

XB360
The list of odds and ends games picked up from several sales.
- Nike+ Kinect Training ($1)
- Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure ($1)
- Thor ($2)
- Gears of War - Collector's Edition ($3)
Found a Xbox 360 at a sale and saw the box was the model 3 version, I don't have a Model 3. it was marked $45, I asked if they would take $35 and they said yes, I paid the lady but I later found out the system was a model 2 slim, oh well. it was in great shape and still worth $35.

Wii
All the Wii games I picked up from the sales.
- Nickelodeon Fit ($1)
- Jillian Michael Fitness Ultimatum 2010 ($1)
- Burger Bot ($1)
- We Ski ($1)
- Dead Space: Extraction ($3)
At a huge community sale, I asked a lady about video games and at first she acted like they had nothing, but she made a comment about having a Wii, I asked any games you or your kids don't play any more she could sell? and she said she'd take a look and after a short wait she brings out these 4 games, and I got them all for $8.
- SimAnimals Africa
- Disney Universe
- Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon 
- PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure   :)

NDS
Found a sale that had a bunch of loose DS & GBA games but they had their manuals. There was about 20 games but they wanted $5 a piece and most where kids games not worth $5, but they had these 3 worth the price. They also had a GBA SP (101 model with charger, Car charger & head phones) Pink they wanted $40 and the lowest I could get it was $30. It was in mint shape and I was missing this color so I picked it up.
- New Super Mario Bros.
- Mario Kart DS
- Mario Party Advance (GBA)
Also found this game I was missing for $1.
- The Sims 2: Castaway

PC
Okay normally I don't even look at PC games, but I saw these 2 big box games for $1 each I figured I could use em as trade bait.
- Robert E. Lee: Civil War General
- Full Throttle

PS2
List of random games I found from different sales.
- ESPN NBA 2K5 ($1)
- Need for Speed Carbon ($1)
- Kim Possible ($1)
- Robotech Invasion (.50c)
- Spyro: A Heroes Tale (.50)
- A silver PS2 Controller ($2)

DC
Found a CD book full of loose DC games for $3.
- Shenmue
- Blue Stinger
- Midways Arcade Hits
- Crazy Taxi
- NFL 2K1
- Kiss Pinball
- Sonic Adventure
- 102 Dalmatians
- Soul Calibur

Found a baggie of GBA/GBC game for .25c, Then a realized I spent my last dollar at the last sale and when I told the lady this thinking I was going to ask her to hold it while I search my car for a quarter, she told me to just take it. lol  ;D
GBC
- Dragon Tales
- Scooby-Doo! Classic Creep Capers
- Rugrats: Time Travelers
GBA
- Jungle Book
- Super Mario Bros. Advance

Asked a young lady about games and she said she had some stuff, She first brings out a Gamecube and a couple games, sold these for $8.
- Indigo Gamecube with AV cable
- Mary Kate & Ashley Sweet 16
- Wave Race: Blue Storm
- Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters
Then she come out with a N64 console and hookups only and another GC game, then she said "the beast woke up" and said I could have em for $6, I paid her and a big kid came out and was mad about her selling the stuff, and I got the hell outta there fast. lol
- Crazy Taxi

INTV
I see a Intellivision III and a box full of boxed games, I asked about it and he told he just bought it at a sale that day and he didn't want to sell it.  :-\  But he said there was an extra game I could buy, He first said $5 but I was able to get it down to $3.
- Pitfall!

Asked about games at a sale and the little old lady said she had a really old handheld game. And she showed me this for $2.
- Atari Touch Me.

SCD
Stopped at a barn sale and the guy there was a game collector and the games and systems where at top Ebay prices, was able to get this for $2.
- Tomcat Alley

Found a sale selling a PS1 with a bunch of games, I got all these for $2 each.
- Croc
- Crash Bandicoot: Warped
- Sheep
- Crash Team Racing
- Spyro the Dragon
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - GH (SEALED)  :o

Stopped at a sale and asked about games and she told me no, but then as I was about to get into the car, she yells Let me see what I have. I wait and she brings out a stack of PS2 and N64 games. But there was a problem, her six kids kept screaming about what games they didn't want to sell. She had Mario 64, Mario Kart 64 and said they hadn't played these games in a long time, but the kids wouldn't let them go. These are the only games I could get away from them for $5. (sigh)
- Robots (PS2)
- Star Fox 64 (N64)

Stopped at a sale in the middle of the boonies, it had nothing but baby clothes. Asked about games and at first she said no, but then she said she had some old games inside. I told I'd love to see them and she goes inside and pulled out a giant tub, when I opened it it had a mix of games and movies. I pulled out the games I wanted and a Reseller shows up. He sees me and I could tell he was irritated and I waited for him to leave before talked to the lady about price. I got all this for $20.
XB
- The Thing
- Super Money Ball Deluxe
- Shamu Deep Sea Adventure
PS2
- Midway Arcade Treasures 3
N64
All these games had their manual
- Star Wars Rogue Squadron
- Vigilante 8
- Monster Truck Madness 64
- NFL Quarterback Club 98
- Super Mario 64
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
SMS
- After Burner
- Choplifter
- Double Dragon
- Thunder Blade

Stopped at a sale on Thursday and asked a young man about games, he said he had boxes and stuff and started to dig through box after box pulling out PS1, PS2, GC, XB and XB360 games. but only one problem, most every game case was empty. And there was some great PS1 RPG's but they where all missing Disc 1. Including Final Fantasy Anthology & Legend of Dragoon. But we did find a stack of N64 games and a few other games that did have their discs inside their case. Here's what I picked up. Aslo he pulled out a Silver Gamecube with Mario Party 5 disc in it. Had hook ups but no controllers. He then asked me if i wanted the Halo 3 Legendary edition. The box was beat up but the insides looked like it was never taken out. Told me I could have it for $20, Then said I could have the Gamecube and all these games for $15.
N64
- Cruis'n USA
- Cruis'n World
- Wave Race 64
- Dark Rift
- Pokemon Snap
GC
- Mario Party 5
PS2
- Zone of the Enders
PS1
- Die Hard Trilogy
XB
Mechassault (sleeve version)
Before I left I asked if there was anything else, and he said he had a SNES with about 50 games. I was excited but he said it was buried some where and to come back on Saturday because they were not open on Friday. So I show back on Saturday and he said he forgot to search for it, at first I thought I was going to leave empty handed but he invites me to help him go through boxes to try and find more games. We started pulling out game after game of all kinds, (felt like an episode of Game Chasers) like before many where empty cases and we found a second Legend of Dragoon with disc 1 missing. wtf lol, We found the case for Mario Party 5, a bunch of GC games, PS2 games, XB games, 360 games, and other video game stuff. I got all this for $15.
XB360
- Armored Core: For Answer
XB
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Trek Shattered Universe
PS2
- Silent Scope 3 (Sealed)
- Ghost Recon (Sealed)
- Star Trek Voyager Elite Force
- Scarface
- Midway Arcade Treasures 3
- Rainbow Six 3
- Crash Mind Over Mutant
- Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
- Crazy Taxi (empty case)
GC
- A silver Gamecube Controller
- 4 Gamecube controller extension cords.
- Mario Party 5 Case
- Donkey Konga 2
- Luigi's Mansion
- Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
SNES
- SNES Cleaner
We never found the SNES games, only a couple manuals. I gave him my number to call me if he found the SNES games, then we got to talking about video games of all kinds I was just about the leave when He pulled out another box from somewhere and said "I think there's more games in here" I looked through the box with and and pulled out a bunch of PS1 games and a few guides. Got all these for $8.  ;D
PS1
- Final Fantasy VII Guide
- Final Fantasy VIII Guide
- Final Fanatsy X-2 Guide
- Digimon Digital Card Battle
- Darkstone
- Final Fantasy VII (misprint version)
- Grandia
- Wild Arms 2
- Parasite Eve II

SNES
At a sale I asked about games and a girl there said she had SNES and a Gamecube but they where at a different house and she said she'd call her boyfriend to bring them over in a couple hours. She said it was her's and her brothers and said she had to get permission what games she could sell. At this point I felt like it was going to be a lost cause due to I've seen this before where the son/brother wont want to sell anything. So I hit a bunch of sales and wasn't able to get back til three hours latter. As I walk up to the sale I see they are closing up and a guy is walking away with a large box. The girl sees me and tells me her boyfriend was about to leave and yells at her boy friend to come back. She opens the box and my eyes get big real quick. There was REAL good SNES games in here. All the DKC games, Mario Kart, SMW, LoZ, Chrono Trigger & EARTHBOUND!!! But these where part of the games her brother told her not to sell. But it wasn't a loss. I still got some good games from this, she said she looked them up on Amazon and at that point I thought crap, this will be to expensive but she said she do half what she saw they sold for. And some where about on point, others where stupid cheap. Here's what I got.
- Addam's Family: Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt ($1)
- Lethal Enforcers (with light gun) ($2)
- Ultima: The False Prophet ($5)
- Goof Troop (CIB) ($5)
- Donkey Kong Country (CIB) ($10)   
- Final Fantasy III ($5)

Hit a community sale and the first sale I hit I asked about games and the lady said "ya I got something and went to go get something" This sale was one of those small ones with only one table out. She brings out a bag, I unzip it and see a SNES with all hook ups, 2 controllers and when I saw a few of the games, I asked how much? she said $30 and I pulled out my wallet. lol
- Jeopardy Deluxe Edition (CIB)
- Wheel of Fortune Deluxe Edition (had box but its in real bad shape)
- Family Feud
- American Gladiators
- WWF Super Wrestlemania
- Donkey Kong Country 2
- Earth Defense Force
- Legend of Zelda: LttP
- Super Mario Kart

NES
At a sale I asked about games and the lady said she had a Nintendo, she goes to her car and pulls out a box and I see BOXED games.  :o
When I asked price she wanted $40, I really didn't need a NES system. So i asked about buying just the games and she said $10. Ya I'll take em for that. lol
- Jeopardy
- SMB / WCTM / DH
- Super Mario Bros. (CIB)
- Tetris (CIB)
- Legend of Zelda (CIB)

And last a few deals I made online with money I made selling some of my extras.
SNES
- Star Fox 2 (custom)
- Pocky & Rocky 2
NES
- Power Blade 2

Damn that was a lot to type, hope you enjoyed me going into all the details.  :P

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 09:44:13 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2015, 08:11:11 am »
It was an AWESOME weekend, picked up some great finds. Garage sales where good to me this week.

!!! Congratulations of the awesome finds! According to VGCollect, you are now just 42 games away from the 10,000 mark!

Bolded: this is something that I realized with your other posts, and it is something minor, but you often write "where" when you mean "were."

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2015, 01:31:09 pm »
Just got Tecmo's Deception (loose) for 10 coins, and Trapt (loose) for 10 coins over at 99gamers.

Love 99gamers. It worked so well for me that I'm at the point where I'm just about out of stuff I'm willing to trade, now.

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2015, 01:44:44 pm »

That's funny, I found this yesterday at a local game store for $5. Caught em slippin :p

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2015, 02:14:52 pm »
flea.
your pick ups always make me jealous.
the final fantasy guides, zelda

man you had a great week

retroone

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2015, 03:14:02 pm »
I recently picked up Minecraft and Shovel Knight (again :P) for the PlayStation 4.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2015, 07:48:33 pm »
Got back from Vacation in North Carolina yesterday.  Found only one game the whole trip Crazy Taxi(PS2)  for $1. And a package containing Sakura Wars GB 2 was waiting for me when I got home.

spac316

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2015, 09:39:22 pm »
Bought a handheld LCD Tetris game by Radica at Goodwill for $3. Eh, why not?

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2015, 09:41:54 pm »
I went to a meetup with a bunch of other collectors/gamers today and traded/bought all the stuff in the picture. Was a load of fun and met some cool people as usual.

theflea

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2015, 09:43:50 pm »
It was an AWESOME weekend, picked up some great finds. Garage sales where good to me this week.

!!! Congratulations of the awesome finds! According to VGCollect, you are now just 42 games away from the 10,000 mark!

Bolded: this is something that I realized with your other posts, and it is something minor, but you often write "where" when you mean "were."

It's called being exhausted and not caring about going over that long post looking for errors. lol
It took a couple hours to take pic's and write that post. I try and correct errors but many get by me. I'll correct the error just for you.  :P

Technically I'm already over 10,000 games. Because VGcollect has Atomiswave & MVS games under arcade instead of under "games". So my game count is 10,009 atm.  ;)

the official record stands at 10,607 (then the guy sold it all) lol
I'm at 10,652 items on VGcollect, but I know many items in that count wouldn't count as part the the record, things like guides, figures, Digital games, swag, and maybe some variations and some accessories.

To get all that stuff was 3 straight days at 5-6 hours each, hitting as many sales as possible, I think I had to have hit well over 200 sales just this weekend. It's a lot of fun but exhausting at the same time.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 10:10:49 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2015, 02:33:59 am »
It was an AWESOME weekend, picked up some great finds. Garage sales were good to me this week.

- Robots (PS2)

SMS
- Double Dragon

SNES
- Goof Troop (CIB) ($5)

Jealous that you found these, theflea.  As always...  Epic Find!

Please check out the games I have for sale.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2015, 10:53:19 am »
Flea,

I've concluded since you live close to me I am going to come to your house and just marvel at your game room for hours on end.

Good plan?

spac316

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2015, 07:48:09 pm »
Got Tekken for PS1 and LoLo 3 w/book for NES as well as instruction manuals for Turok 2 and Darius Twin.

Warmsignal

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2015, 09:19:50 pm »

Haunting actually looks pretty cool. Never heard of it.

Also, we found this while game hunting as well, but this one went to my brother. I should probably be jelly, but eh... At least I'll get to play it first hand on real hardware.  ;)