Author Topic: Official E3 Announcement/Discussion thread  (Read 26828 times)

gf78

Re: Official E3 Announcement/Discussion thread
« Reply #255 on: June 16, 2015, 02:05:34 pm »
Man, Kingdom Hearts 3 is looking good.

I'm soooo jealous of you right now.   >:(  I'm at work and while I could watch live blogs on Arstechnica, they aren't doing one for the SquareEnix session.   :(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #256 on: June 16, 2015, 02:06:32 pm »
New Star Ocean with a terrible subtitle "Integrity and Faithlessness" lol Out next year. Combat looks kinda like Kingdom Hearts, action RPG style.

I thought I had saw something online about the new Star Ocean about a month ago.  A leak from Famitsu I believe....
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

davifus

« Reply #257 on: June 16, 2015, 02:07:28 pm »
What did they say about KH3? any release dates? (at work so I have no access to E3 stream.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #258 on: June 16, 2015, 02:07:41 pm »
So new Fatal Frame Trailer
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAQH6IDQa94

argyle

« Reply #259 on: June 16, 2015, 02:08:10 pm »
New Star Ocean with a terrible subtitle "Integrity and Faithlessness" lol Out next year. Combat looks kinda like Kingdom Hearts, action RPG style.

I thought I had saw something online about the new Star Ocean about a month ago.  A leak from Famitsu I believe....

It was announced for Japan a couple months ago, but this is the first official announcement for a Western release. Looks really good too.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

argyle

« Reply #260 on: June 16, 2015, 02:09:25 pm »
What did they say about KH3? any release dates? (at work so I have no access to E3 stream.

I'm keeping a friend of mine up to date, so I'll tell you what I told him:

* They just faked out a lot of people - guy mentioned Kingdom Hearts and said "first let's watch this new video" - and it was a mobile game. Very little scattered applause at the end, that's clearly not what people wanted to see. :P

* Ok, NOW he's showing some KH3, so I think the crowd might let him live. Footage showed a new world based on the movie Tangled, actual gameplay footage. I gotta say, it looks amazing. I'm not even THAT big of a KH fan and that really got me hyped for the game.

No release date. :(
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

gf78

« Reply #261 on: June 16, 2015, 02:10:18 pm »
Fighterpilot562, when you do the SquareEnix list, can you list what platform the games are available on?

davifus

« Reply #262 on: June 16, 2015, 02:14:06 pm »

I'm keeping a friend of mine up to date, so I'll tell you what I told him:

* They just faked out a lot of people - guy mentioned Kingdom Hearts and said "first let's watch this new video" - and it was a mobile game. Very little scattered applause at the end, that's clearly not what people wanted to see. :P

* Ok, NOW he's showing some KH3, so I think the crowd might let him live. Footage showed a new world based on the movie Tangled, actual gameplay footage. I gotta say, it looks amazing. I'm not even THAT big of a KH fan and that really got me hyped for the game.

No release date. :(

Rip  :'(
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #263 on: June 16, 2015, 02:17:16 pm »
The hell? Project Setsuna.  A game coming out next year, but they aren't going to show a SINGLE thing on it, other than its a new IP.  Square, come on! Dragging stuff out for everyone, to then announce what is basically nothing.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #264 on: June 16, 2015, 02:17:32 pm »
Am I the only one finding this painful boring?
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #265 on: June 16, 2015, 02:23:12 pm »
Am I the only one finding this painful boring?

A couple good game showings, but that presentation was god awful.

argyle

« Reply #266 on: June 16, 2015, 02:24:56 pm »
I thought it was a very solid show - new Nier announcement, new footage for Just Cause 3, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and word that they're working on a new IP (no, they didn't show anything from it really, but IMO it's good just to know they're still working on some new IPs). Oh, and an official US release announcement for Star Ocean: Integrity & Faithlessness with some new footage.

I'd rank the conferences like this (not having seen Microsoft's):

1) Sony
2) Bethesda
3) Square-Enix
4) Ubi-Soft
5) Nintendo

...with a bigger gap between 4 & 5 than the rest of them.

kashell

« Reply #267 on: June 16, 2015, 02:27:30 pm »
Mother f*cking son of a c*ck nosed piece of *hit!!

Now I have to get a PlayStation 4 since the new Star Ocean 5 is only going to be on it here in the states. Time to start pinching pennies and making shelf space for another console.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:11:51 pm by kashell »

kashell

« Reply #268 on: June 16, 2015, 02:28:40 pm »

What are you smokin', home slice? That sub-title is (and has been since it's first announcement) awesome. ^.~ Not to mention, I like it a helluva lot better than 'Til the End of Time.

argyle

« Reply #269 on: June 16, 2015, 02:30:19 pm »
Mother f*cking son of a c*ck nosed piece of *hit!!

Now I have to get a PlayStation 4 since the new Star Ocean 4 is only going to be on it here in the states. Time to start pinching pennies and making shelf space for another console.

Being such a big JRPG fan, wasn't it kind of a given you were gonna have to get a PS4 soon-ish anyway? :P