Author Topic: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 43346 times)

Re: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #255 on: August 26, 2015, 10:36:32 pm »
Finally!

An excellent purchase you will not regret. It doesn't have as many amazing games as i would like, but what it does have totally justify getting one. It's worth it for Smash and Mario Kart 8 alone.

gf78

« Reply #256 on: August 27, 2015, 10:20:45 am »
Added a few more games to my collection.

Klonoa-Door to Phantomile for PlayStation complete with light shelf wear and a few little dings in the manual
Klonoa 2-Luanatea's Veil for PlayStation 2 complete in like-new condition
Klonoa for Wii complete in like-new condition
Klonoa-Empire of Dreams for Game Boy Advance complete in like-new condition
Klonoa 2-Dream Champ Tournament for Game Boy Advance complete in like-new condition

On a related note, my copy of Grandia for PS1 arrived and is better than expected.  A few little bends in the manual and light scratches on the discs.  Otherwise, in a new jewel case it looks absolutely gorgeous.   :)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #257 on: August 27, 2015, 08:47:03 pm »
And the 2nd Dreamcast is here!

A wii u, 2 dreamcast, and a handful of games.... good week!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #258 on: August 27, 2015, 10:05:12 pm »
Woo-hoo!  Picked up complete copies of Tomba and Tomba 2!!!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

dondetti

« Reply #259 on: August 28, 2015, 03:28:36 am »

Great platformers and pretty rare I think, congrats!
I can you only chance
You need spell your soul
To the horrid spooky devil
That's a voyage to Hell

Games: https://vgcollect.com/dondetti
Music: https://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/parabellum

gf78

« Reply #260 on: August 28, 2015, 08:56:40 am »

Great platformers and pretty rare I think, congrats!

Thank you!  These are two of the games I originally owned way back in the PS1's heyday.  I've been slowly piecing back together my old collection (nearly 200 games!!!) for the PS1 as well as adding in some classics I missed along the way.  Some PS1 games are commanding pretty high prices these days, especially if you are being anal about condition and completeness like I have been. 

Einhander, Tactics Ogre, Strider 2, Skullmonkeys (great game, waaaay underrated), Tomba 1 & 2, Valkyrie Profile, any Working Designs games (Lunar, Arc the Lad Collection, etc.)....these games have gone through the roof in value over the years.  Others like the long list of RPG's (including Final Fantasy, Suikoden, Wild Arms, Alundra, etc.) are commanding premium prices close to or slightly over their original selling price.  Then you have the Capcom fighting titles that range from $30 to $70 for complete NM copies each.... :-\

I think by the time I am finished, I will have close to 300 original PlayStation games in my collection.  Though, with my wife out of work now and medical bills, I think the pace of my collecting is about to go from hare to tortoise.    :'(

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #261 on: August 28, 2015, 03:25:31 pm »
New entry: Bangai-O for Dreamcast, NTSC-US version.

I love Treasure games and this crazy shooter is hella fun!

Game is CIB, all pics here.

Extract:

BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

maximo310

« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2015, 10:58:46 pm »
Got some more Wii stuff this week from gs:
- Dawn of Discovery ( disc only)
- Arc Rise Fantasia ( no manual)
- Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed
-Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
-Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
-Centipede Infestation

Then, I got these two cib for $31 at Book-Off, which usually overprices most of their US game selection nowadays
- All Star Baseball 2003 (GC)
- Gauntlet Dark Legacy (GC)
I only got the first game to swap cases, since Gauntlet came in a generic black rental case. I'm also gonna get Klonoa( Wii) for free next week so that's gonna be good. They also had a complete copy of Exerbeat for the Wii, which is pretty rare, but it doesn't seem very interesting.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 11:37:59 pm by maximo310 »

abe

« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2015, 11:07:52 pm »
New entry: Bangai-O for Dreamcast, NTSC-US version.

I love Treasure games and this crazy shooter is hella fun!

Game is CIB, all pics here.

Nice pickup. Treasure makes some interesting stuff. Its sequel on the Nintendo DS, Bangai-O Spirits is pretty cool too.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

theflea

« Reply #264 on: August 29, 2015, 07:07:54 pm »
Time for my game pick ups of the week and compared to last weekend I did I ton better.

First store/online buys...

Vita
Gamestop had a complete copy of this launch version so I figured I'd grab it.
- Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

Stopped at a local used game store and found 2 games priced at .99c I didn't have so why not.  ::)
Wii
- Wild West Shootout
NDS
- Kurupoto: Cool Cool Stars

NDS
When I looked up that last Tingles game I picked up last week I saw another one that was only made for Japan's Club Nintendo, It was cheap so I ordered a copy.
- Tingle's Balloon Fight

Talked to a guy who had two games for a rare system made in Europe called Colorvision, I don't have the system yet but sense the guy gave me a deal on these and they are CIB I figured I'd pick them up and hold on to them til I find the system.
- Horror House
- Submarine

Now on to Garage Sales...

There was two sales Advertised "Video Games" on the same day at the same time, I picked the one that was part of a small subdivision sale and all they had was crappy PS1 games at $5 each and a few crappy 360 games at $10 each. Nothing worth my time so as I headed to the other video game sale (was in no hurry, figured anything good would be gone by the time i got there, so I hit every sale on the way.

At a sale I asked about games and the lady pointed out a box full of playstation 1 & 2 stuff, I look through it and its mostly all Sport games that I didn't need but when she told me $1 a piece I did pick out one game.
PS1
- Tomb Raider II

Wii
Hit a random sale and saw a Wii with a bunch of games, I asked about buying just a few games and was told $4 each. So I only bought these two.
- Mario Party 8
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
As I payed the lady I asked about any other games she might want to sell, and her son says he has Xbox games And he brings out a huge stack of original Xbox games. They wanted $2 a piece so I picked out these.
- Namco Museum
- Sea World Shamue's Deep Sea Adventure
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Tomb Raider Legend
- Star Wars Battlefront II  ;)

Hit a few random sales and picked up these 360 games.
XB360
- Fuel ($2)
- Lego Batman 2 ($3)

Found this in a box of junk for $1, my phone wasn't on me to look up VGCollect so I just bought it then found out I did have it. (doh)  ::)
NDS
- Guitar Hero Decades

At and estate sale I saw this priced at $5 brand new in the box and figured ya why not.
Wii
- Bass Pro Shop: The Strike

NDS
At a random sale they had a couple loose NDS games and had them priced at $7 each. I was going to pass but the guy asked what I would pay for a game. I said $2 and he thought a few seconds then said okay. 
- Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

Picked up random PS2 games from different sales.
PS2
- The Golden Compass ($2)
- Mercenaries 2 ($2)
- Pitfall ($1)
- Juiced ($1)
- Dragonball Z Budokai 2 ($2)
- Dragonball Z Budokai 3 (disc only $1)
- Shadow of the Colossus ($2)

So I finally got to the second sale that advertised "Video games" and it was about 2 hours after they opened I figured This will have nothing good and the first thing I see is a box labeled "Everything in the box .25c" and see CIB Sega Genesis games.   :o
GEN
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Pat Riley Basketball
- Mortal Kombat
- Roadblasters
Then I see more stuff on a table. A Wii game for $1.
Wii
- Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop
And two Gamecube games for .50c each.
GC
- Outlaw Golf
- Wave Race: Blue Storm (for display only version?) It's not a reprinted label.  ???
Then I ask if he had anything else and he said he had a Game Boy, and shows me a Purple Game Boy Color with a game in it. Asked how much and was told $2.  ;D
GB
- Pokemon Red Version

I hit a small apartment sale and asked the young man about games, he said he had some stuff and invited me inside to look. I see a box full of PS1, PS2 and 360 games, I pick out the few I wanted then he hands me a bag, inside was a N64 with games and other random stuff. I asked if he'd take $20 for the bag and the few PS2/360 games and he said yes.  :D
XB360
- Hasbro Family Game Night 3
PS2
- Veggie Tales: LarryBoy and the Bad Apple
- Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
PS1
Croc 2
Now here's what was in this bag...
- A Charcoal Grey N64 with Expansion Ram Pak and one Controller (no hook ups)
- WWF Warzone
- WCW/nWo Revenge
- WCW vs nWo World Tour
- Wave Race 64
- Madden NFL 2000
- Donkey Kong 64  ;)
- Bomberman 64  ;)
- Banjo-Kazooie  :D
GBA
- Spongebob's Atlantis Squarepantis
- Crash of the Titans
- Dragonball Z: Taiketsu
GB/GBC
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
- Pokemon Pinball
- Pokemon Special Pikachu Edition  ;)

GEN
I stopped at a sale and asked about games, the old man said he might have something and goes inside. He brings out a Sega Nomad with 2 CIB games, adapter, RF cable and a controller.  :o I asked price and he said $10 okay? You bet it's okay. lol
- Sonic Spinball
- Weaponlord

Now for the very last sale of the week. I stopped at a sale on Friday and asked about games, The lady said her son had a bunch of PS2 games he might want to sell. Told me to come back tomorrow and he'll have em out. Wasn't too excited about this and to be honest didn't think I was going to come back. Well All Saturday was pretty much nothing so I remembered the lady and the possible PS2 games. Thought might as well see what they got. I stop back and the lady told her son to get the PS2 games. He brings out a large stack and its all Sport games.  :-\ Nothing I needed so I asked you have anything else? The son said no that's all he had but this time his father was there and he said hold on I think I might have something and goes inside. I wait about 15 minutes when he comes out with 2 boxes. The first was an Atari 2600 (black Vader version) in a case and 43 games, all of them and the system looked in fantastic shape. I check the second box and its a NES with all hookups, Zapper, two controllers (looks like they replaced the B buttons with an orange one for some reason) and 9 games. We talk price and we come to $60 for all of it.  :D
Atari 2600
- Football (text version)
- Football (picture version)
- Combat
- Pac-Man
- Defender
- Missile Command
- Air-Sea Battle
- Video Pinball
- Star Raiders
- Basketball
- Space War
- Asteroids
- Space Invaders
- Yars' Revenge
- Berserk
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Swordquest: Earthworld
- Swordquest: Fireworld
- Pole Position
- Centipede
- Vanguard
- Jungle Hunt
- Sneak n Peak
- Starmaster
- Ice Hockey
- Tennis
- Robot Tank
- Chopper Command
- Keystone Kapers
- Super Challenge Football
- Super Challenge Baseball
- Frogs n Flies
- Lock n Chase
- Worm War I
- Donkey Kong'
- Carnival
- Atlantis
- Moonsweeper
- Riddle of the Sphinx
- Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back
- Spider-Man
- Q*Bert
- Frogger II

NES
- Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt (with manual)
- Tetris (with manual)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (with manual)
- Super Off Road (with manual)
- Baseball Stars (with manual)
- Baseball Stars II (CIB)
- Bases Loaded II
- Mike Tyson's Punch-Out (with manual)
- Battletoads
- NES Cleaning Kit (CIB)
- Double Dribble (manual only)

Overall it was a good weekend for garage sales.  :D

« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 07:15:22 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

foxhack

« Reply #265 on: August 29, 2015, 07:40:54 pm »
- Wave Race: Blue Storm (for display only version?) It's not a reprinted label.  ???
I've never seen this variant before. There are multiple Gamecube games that have a "For Display Only" marking on their front cover and on the disc... but I've never heard of a Wave Race existing with that variant. Google didn't turn up anything, either...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #266 on: August 29, 2015, 09:29:07 pm »
Gamestop pre-release shelf box?

foxhack

« Reply #267 on: August 29, 2015, 09:32:44 pm »

There are game discs with the same markings. Shelf boxes usally didn't have games included. :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #268 on: August 29, 2015, 10:19:54 pm »

There are game discs with the same markings. Shelf boxes usally didn't have games included. :P

I've bought games at Gamestop with those cases before, after they were released of course, in the used section. Can't say the same for the discs, though.

Warmsignal

« Reply #269 on: August 29, 2015, 11:03:26 pm »
Retro con finds from today, all stuff I've wanted for a long time. Especially Ninja Crusaders, and Mr. Nutz!

My other August goodies.