Author Topic: September 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28492 times)

abe

Re: September 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 02:28:03 pm »
After weeks of waiting, I finally got my copy of Dungeon Travelers 2 (PS Vita) in the mail from Amazon that I had preordered. The calendar is even smaller than I thought it would be, and I had already expected it was going to be tiny. :o

Got some mail yesterday as well. A copy of Front Mission (SFC) with the box and manual, and the Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2 Age Age Fan Book.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 02:36:35 pm »

Technically an August find but I just got it in the mail today so September, but last week the Sony website had Playstation TV's super cheap, $20 for just the console and $40 for the bundle qhich included a Dual Shock 3 controller, an 8gb Memory Card, and a digital copy of Lego: The Movie: The Game (The Book: The Novel: The Ride: The Breakfast Cereal: The Experience: On Broadway: On Ice). I bought the bundle since a new DS3 costs around that anyway, and silly proprietary Playstation memory cards the same.

Not really sure what to do with this other than being a complete asshole and making it portable again, and Vita support is completely substandard to say the least, so I'll at least look into cFW to softmod it to run more than a handful Vita games. Hopefully Sony gets their head out of the sand and update it some themsevles but you know how that goes. :-\ I think they are blaming the Vita touchpad for not full Vita compatibility which is completely asinine, with the DS4 controller touchpad on the front. Oh well.

abe

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 02:43:43 pm »
I think they are blaming the Vita touchpad for not full Vita compatibility which is completely asinine, with the DS4 controller touchpad on the front. Oh well.

It's also capable of emulating the Vita's front and back touchpads with both the DS3 and 4. It's turned off by default (at least on mine it was), but when you turn it on, you can press L3 to bring up a pointer for the front touchscreen and R3 for the back (or maybe the other way around, I haven't used it a lot).
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 03:30:09 pm »

Technically an August find but I just got it in the mail today so September, but last week the Sony website had Playstation TV's super cheap, $20 for just the console and $40 for the bundle qhich included a Dual Shock 3 controller, an 8gb Memory Card, and a digital copy of Lego: The Movie: The Game (The Book: The Novel: The Ride: The Breakfast Cereal: The Experience: On Broadway: On Ice). I bought the bundle since a new DS3 costs around that anyway, and silly proprietary Playstation memory cards the same.

Not really sure what to do with this other than being a complete asshole and making it portable again, and Vita support is completely substandard to say the least, so I'll at least look into cFW to softmod it to run more than a handful Vita games. Hopefully Sony gets their head out of the sand and update it some themsevles but you know how that goes. :-\ I think they are blaming the Vita touchpad for not full Vita compatibility which is completely asinine, with the DS4 controller touchpad on the front. Oh well.

dang, I wish you told us about this. I wouldnt have minded getting another TV for the bundle.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

90snostalga

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 11:56:22 pm »
Today I traded a couple of Xbox games to a local game store for Vectorman cib for Genesis

gf78

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2015, 08:43:18 am »
Three new additions for September.

PlayStation 4
20th Anniversary Dualshock 4 controller new/sealed

PlayStation 2
Okami complete in like-new condition

Nintendo DS
Okamiden new/sealed
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2015, 09:35:38 am »
Three new additions for September.

PlayStation 4
20th Anniversary Dualshock 4 controller new/sealed

PlayStation 2
Okami complete in like-new condition

Nintendo DS
Okamiden new/sealed

Nice stuff! I'm a big fan of Ôkami, I got a few goodies of this fabulous game: http://www.wkd4496.net/okami/

Too bad they didn't make an Ôkamiden port on home consoles.. :(
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

gf78

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2015, 10:48:29 am »
Nice stuff! I'm a big fan of Ôkami, I got a few goodies of this fabulous game: http://www.wkd4496.net/okami/

Too bad they didn't make an Ôkamiden port on home consoles.. :(

I always liked Okami when I originally played it on the PS2.  Recently picked up a dirt-cheap like-new copy for the Wii at Gamestop and figured what the hell...I'll get the PS2 one again and get the DS one while I'm at it.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2015, 03:21:16 pm »

I actually really enjoyed my PSTV, and it's great for folks who have accumulated a lot of Vita games through PS+.  For some games, it's nice to be able to play it on a big screen. I had fun with Freedom Wars, and considering the amount of stuff going on and button mashing, I was really glad I was using a controller and a TV monitor versus a $200 handheld.

If anything, I know folks really like the remote play-PS4 option, so it's really what you make of it.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

spac316

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2015, 08:42:02 pm »
Got some Genesis games from a friend today. Burning Force, Revenge of Shinobi, Ranger X and Thunder Force II!
All are loose carts. He had a good deal on them seeing how expensive some of them are individually.

maximo310

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2015, 08:47:49 pm »
My packages came in today and I got these from GS:
Dark Souls II CE ( X360)- Gonna sell the sealed game since I already have a copy
Klonoa ( Wii)

Unfortunately, Klonoa had a huge scratch on the front label of the disc, so I'm waiting to see if I can get a replacement on that, along with Guilty Gear 2 Overture, since that game's disc had a huge crack on the back of the disc as well.

Edit: Just went to Goodwill by my house and found Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for $2!! It had everything except for the manual, but hey I'll take it. It's been 4 months since I've seen anything decent there.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 09:16:26 pm by maximo310 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2015, 09:21:01 pm »
My recent pick-ups, nearly all of them through 99Gamers.com, with the exceptions of Ex-Mutants (eBay) and Terminator: Dawn of Fate (Goodwill):

-Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles (Wii)
-Dynasty Warriors IV (PS2)
-Terminator: Dawn of Fate (PS2)
-Grand Theft Auto IV (XBox 360)
-Earth Defense Force 2017 (XBox 360)
-Transformers: The Game (XBox 360)
-Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth (N64)
-Ex-Mutants (Genesis)
-Dragon Warrior I & II (GBC)
-Bit.Trip Saga (3DS)
-The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS)
-Sonic Colors (DS)
-Lego: Batman (DS)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:18:46 am by burningdoom »

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2015, 04:11:47 am »
Got some Genesis games from a friend today. Burning Force, Revenge of Shinobi, Ranger X and Thunder Force II!
All are loose carts. He had a good deal on them seeing how expensive some of them are individually.

Ranger X is awesome! I especially love the game design variety and the unique controls of this game.

I was able to catch a CIB copy last year:

BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

retrogemcollector

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2015, 11:04:56 am »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2015, 11:12:33 am »
My recent pick-ups, nearly all of them through 99Gamers.com, with the exceptions of Ex-Mutants (eBay) and Terminator: Dawn of Fate (Goodwill):

-Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles (Wii)
-Dynasty Warriors IV (PS2)
-Terminator: Dawn of Fate (PS2)
-Grand Theft Auto IV (XBox 360)
-Earth Defense Force 2017 (XBox 360)
-Transformers: The Game (XBox 360)
-Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth (N64)
-Ex-Mutants (Genesis)
-Dragon Warrior I & II (GBC)
-Bit.Trip Saga (3DS)
-The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS)
-Sonic Colors (DS)
-Lego: Batman (DS)

I also got Tony Hawk's Underground for GBA, that seemed to escape my pic.