Author Topic: September 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 29332 times)

Flashback2012

Re: September 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2015, 01:20:41 pm »
Did pretty good yesterday to make up for not getting around on Saturday.

Atari Lynx
Steel Talons (CIB)

CD-I
Mystic Midway: Phantom Express (CIB)

Gameboy
The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 2 (C) (thought I needed the cart to complete, found out it was already complete  :P)

Gameboy Color
Disney's The Emperor's New Groove (CIB)
Game & Watch Gallery 2 (CIB)

Interactive Figures
Bat Spin (Trap Team( (CIB)
Enchanted Hoot Loop (Swap Force)
Fling Kong (Trap Team) (CIB)
High Five (Trap Team) (CIB)
Krypt King (Trap Team) (CIB)

Playstation 2
Drakengard (CIB)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 (CIB)

Playstation 4
Thief (CIB)

Vita
Resistance: Burning Skies (Only $3.16 @ Target :) )

Wii
Maximum Racing: GP Classic Racing (CIB)

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2015, 04:26:33 pm »
Just recieved Street Fighter Zero 3 - 4MB Ram pack

My favorite of the SF series ♥

The 4MB extension cart is required to play this beatiful game.

Time to rock those arcade sticks! ;D
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2015, 05:01:13 pm »
SRGE Day 2 haul. Not as big as yesterdays, but it's still good.
SSX PS2
WWF Road to Wrestlemania GBA
WWE All-Stars 3DS
Iridion 3D GBA
As well as a Capt. Falcon amiibo, Link Parlor Bead keychain, 10 NES dust sleeves.
TMNT II LCD
The floppy disc was the pass, which I thought was a nice touch.

I love the pass, that's awesome.

« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2015, 03:39:40 am »
I bought a 7" Toshiba Encore Mini Windows 8.1 Budget Tablet to use mainly for my 3D Printer for $25. It's pretty not bad, suprisingly.

Low screen resolution (1024x600) so I moved the taskbar to the side. Runs my printing program fine and lower end steam games that I've tested so far; obviously it's not going to play bleeding edge new pc games, but Shovel Knight works great, as does Hatoful Boyfriend lol. Not going to bother with installing my modeling program for 3D prints (resource and overkill for these types of projects really) AutoCAD but may consider trying out my copy of Photostop CS4 Micro but will probably end up trying out GIMP. Gonna test out some emulators soon as well.

Also, Games from a different Goodwill and Target that I hit on the way back from a medical test, but first look at these gross batteries I saw.

Would definitely hate to see what the terminals looked like on whatever these came from. That energizer one in the middle you can see it's almost flattened. Anyway, from Goodwill and Target:

Goodwill:
God of War $3
Kingdom Hearts $5
Rally Cross 2 $2
(Danzig era) Misfits shirt (as far as I'm concerned) $4

Target:
Unit 13 $4.48. No idea how I found this still here, since I saw some clearance pickups of this game all the way back in April. It was in the cases mismarked as a different $19.99 game. Surprised nobody bothered to read the label and notice it didn't match for 5 months.
Lego Batman 2 was $5.98.

They had some other cool stuff, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus but it was scanning $9.98 still (compared to the $5.98 posted earlier) and Call of Duty which was cheaper than the $24.98 it was listed at but didn't remember the price since I really had no other  interest in it.

gf78

« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2015, 09:26:15 am »
September 21st update...

Gamecube
Luigi's Mansion complete (light shelf wear)

Nintendo Wii
Super Mario All-Stars Collector's Edition new/sealed
Epic Mickey Collector's Edition new/sealed
Epic Mickey 2 the Power of Two new/sealed

PlayStation 3
Call of Duty 3 complete (light shelf wear)
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Game of the Year Edition complete (light shelf wear)
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 complete (light shelf wear)
Call of Duty World at War complete (light shelf wear)
Kung Fu Rider complete (light shelf wear...hey...it was only a buck!)

PlayStation 4
20th Anniversary PS4 brand-new! I only opened it to see that everything was included and not a brick in a resealed box and to see the number!  It is truly beautiful!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 09:36:52 am by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2015, 10:09:32 am »
Oh, and since I forgot to post the pic last week, here are my .hack games!   ;D

Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

desocietas

« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2015, 03:13:16 pm »
Niiiice.  They look great! I assume all CIB with DVDs and manuals?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2015, 03:27:09 pm »

Yep.  The only unsightly blemish on the outside is .hack//G.U Reminisce.  The insert over the top manual tab is indented in on the "PS" logo on the top right side.  You can see the perfect outline of the tab cutout.  It's not torn at all, but it's quite clear.   >:(

desocietas

« Reply #128 on: September 22, 2015, 03:28:28 pm »

Yep.  The only unsightly blemish on the outside is .hack//G.U Reminisce.  The insert over the top manual tab is indented in on the "PS" logo on the top right side.  You can see the perfect outline of the tab cutout.   >:(

Aw, that's the worse, isn't it?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2015, 03:29:58 pm »

Omg.. I hadn't realized the anniversary ps4 had fantastic looking molding like this on the face plate.. Its beautiful.. Now I want one...
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2015, 03:31:59 pm »
Aw, that's the worse, isn't it?

It's aggravating for sure.  But honestly?  I was pretty stoked to complete these two sets.  And with their rarity and outrageous prices, I'm content with what I got.  I will probably slide a thin piece of cardboard behind the front insert whenever I think about it.  This works pretty well for "pushing out" these types of indentations and making them look flat. 

And I noticed most of what you can see in the pic is the light reflecting off the plastic.  If you slide the insert out, it doesn't look nearly as bad.  I might just have to swap the cases out for another "lesser" PS2 game.  LOL.   :P

gf78

« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2015, 03:43:26 pm »
Omg.. I hadn't realized the anniversary ps4 had fantastic looking molding like this on the face plate.. Its beautiful.. Now I want one...

The only part that doesn't have the plastic molded like that is the removable HDD cover with the "PS" logo on it.  It's smooth.  The system is packaged with a thin plastic film that you have to remove over the glossy HDD cover.  I left it on. 

The controller also has the anniversary pattern on the touchpad all over it.  The standalone 20th anniversary controller doesn't have the anniversary pattern, but rather the dot pattern like a standard DualShock 4 controller.  That is how you can differentiate the one included with the system and the one you can buy in any store.

A few other tidbits I noticed about the system.  The box it comes in is actually heavier than the PS4 itself.  It's a very, very nice black box with individual compartments for each part.  The stand and controller have plastic wrapper around them.  The cables and mono chat earpiece (also in classic gray) are in a black box as is the paperwork for the system.  Sony really went all-out on the system.  All of the manuals, pamphlets, etc. are special.  Instead of being printed in blue pamphlets like all other PS4 systems, they are white and each one has the 20th Anniversary logo and designation in full color on them. 

the only curiosity I found with the entire thing is that the camera stand (classic gray) and a few little pamphlets about PSN are not in the box with the system, but instead shipped in a bubble baggie outside of the system box.  As thick as the box is, they could have just made a precision cutout under the console space to hold the camera stand since it folds out completely flat. 

That small issue aside, this is the most beautiful, limited console I have ever seen and as a PlayStation fan since the beginning, I couldn't be happier to have it.  To open it, I used a razor-sharp knife to gently slice around the side panel on three sides, essentially leaving the thick plastic seal as a flap on one side.  I then gently slid the black inner box out of the white outer box to check the contents, see the number and bask in the glorious sight and smell of fresh plastic and electronics.   8)

desocietas

« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2015, 04:19:27 pm »

The only part that doesn't have the plastic molded like that is the removable HDD cover with the "PS" logo on it.  It's smooth.  The system is packaged with a thin plastic film that you have to remove over the glossy HDD cover.  I left it on. 

The controller also has the anniversary pattern on the touchpad all over it.  The standalone 20th anniversary controller doesn't have the anniversary pattern, but rather the dot pattern like a standard DualShock 4 controller.  That is how you can differentiate the one included with the system and the one you can buy in any store.

A few other tidbits I noticed about the system.  The box it comes in is actually heavier than the PS4 itself.  It's a very, very nice black box with individual compartments for each part.  The stand and controller have plastic wrapper around them.  The cables and mono chat earpiece (also in classic gray) are in a black box as is the paperwork for the system.  Sony really went all-out on the system.  All of the manuals, pamphlets, etc. are special.  Instead of being printed in blue pamphlets like all other PS4 systems, they are white and each one has the 20th Anniversary logo and designation in full color on them. 

the only curiosity I found with the entire thing is that the camera stand (classic gray) and a few little pamphlets about PSN are not in the box with the system, but instead shipped in a bubble baggie outside of the system box.  As thick as the box is, they could have just made a precision cutout under the console space to hold the camera stand since it folds out completely flat. 

That small issue aside, this is the most beautiful, limited console I have ever seen and as a PlayStation fan since the beginning, I couldn't be happier to have it.  To open it, I used a razor-sharp knife to gently slice around the side panel on three sides, essentially leaving the thick plastic seal as a flap on one side.  I then gently slid the black inner box out of the white outer box to check the contents, see the number and bask in the glorious sight and smell of fresh plastic and electronics.   8)

<3 sounds great <3
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2015, 12:36:30 am »
Today was an interesting day to be an employee at Gamestop. The store manager came up to me right before I was leaving and said he had to ask me a question. He had something in his hand I could barely see but it was enough for me to recognize it. I was like "Is that an E3 exclusive Skylander?" He nodded and said that someone gave it to him and he knew exactly who would want it. Needless to say I was pretty stoked. It retails for about $100 and isnt a common item at all. I cant wait to get a display box for it. :) Here is what it looks like -

theflea

« Reply #134 on: September 23, 2015, 06:03:06 am »
Sorry for the late post, but I woke up sick on Saturday.
Had some nice picks ups on the two days I was able to go out.

First the store/online pickups...

PS3
- Steins;Gate - Limited Edition

Vita
- Steins;Gate - Limited Edition

Atari 2600
- Princess Rescue
This was a game I was hunting for ever sense I found out about it. Someone took the time and make a playable Super Mario Bros. on the Atari 2600, he renamed it Princess Rescue and tried selling it on Atari Age, well not long after Nintendo caught wind of it and put a stop to it threatening a lawsuit. So the game was pulled and only a small amount of copies got out to the public. The few games that have appeared on Ebay sell for $300+ now. I found one and got it for less then half. 

Now onto the Garage Sales...

Found a Mario Kart Race Track, I mainly wanted the cool Metal Bowser, I only show the Karts, Bowser and a few random items but it did have the track and other accessories. Got the whole box for $2.

Found a whole bunch of random plug and plays for $1 each.
But then a young girl there told me she had a Game Boy and brings out a Game Boy Advance (101 model) and tells me she wanted $1 for it. She said she didn't have the charger. But then said she thinks she has a DS, goes in and in a short while comes back telling me she couldn't find the DS but did find the GBA charger.

Found this crappy game sealed for $1.
- The Biggest Loser

Wii
Stopped at a sale and I asked the lady about games and she said she might have something, so goes in and brings out a box full of Wii. It was all snicklefretz games, but I pucked out the games I was missing and got them for $1 a piece.
- Call of Duty 3
- 50 Great Games
- Wing Island
- Cabela's Big Game Hunter
- Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009

Stopped at a junky looking garage sale and when I asked about games, the lady goes into the back of the garage and shows me an Atari 2600 and a bag of games. She was asking $10 for it all and I couldn't saw no. lol
- Berserk
- Outlaw
- Frogger (x2)
- Combat
- Football
- Space Invaders
- Donkey Kong
- Pitfall
- Freeway

Stopped at an estate sale and found a box full of game stuff, but it was mostly empty boxes and cords. A few had games I took the whole box and asked the lady how much and was told $2. Sure why not. lol
Wii
- Star Wars the Clone Wars
- Wii Sports
PS3
- Resistance 2
- Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
The rest was empty boxes, including a PS3 system box, PSP box and Original Xbox box. Also several empty cases for PS3 and PSP games.

NDS
Stopped at a sale and asked about games and the lady pulls out a couple crappy Wii games I already had, but as I was leaving another lady there pulled a DS game out of a garbage bag and told me I could have it for $1.
- Art Academy

PS2
Found this random PS2 game for $2.
- NFL Street 3

PSP
A sale advertised Playstation so I stopped there early and saw it was a PSP with 16 games. Most all the games where crappy sport games, then I saw it was a PSP version I was missing. A Blue PSP. It was only $25 for it all so I couldn't resist.
- NBA Live 10
- MLB 09 The Show
- NBA 09 The Inside
- FIFA Soccer 08
- The Bigs 2
- WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007
- WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010
- Madden NFL 09 (loose)
- In Just One Play (UMD video, Loose)
- Thrillville: Off the Rails
- Shaun White Snowboarding
- World Series of Poker
- MX vs ATV Untamed
- Metal of Honor Heroes 2
- Buzz Master Quiz
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Stopped at a sale and asked about games, the guy told me he had a bunch of stuff but it was at his other house.  :(
Then He said He had some xbox stuff here and went to go look for it. As I wait one of the worst resellers shows up. He sees the movies and starts scanning them and brings a stack over to buy. And then he sees me, he starts talking to me and asks about what I'm waiting for and I don't answer him and he tries to wait with me for a while (thank god the people took awhile to find the games) and he finally leaves. He finally brings out a large tub full of original Xbox and Xbox 360 games. I ask what he would want for the games and I get their different prices.  :( So I pick out a few I was interested in and he told me he'd sell the 4 I picked out for $15. Okay not bad...
Xbox
- Advent Rising
- Guilty Gear X2
- Star Wars: Republic Commando
- Steel Battalion: Line of Contact
Then his sister said she had a game she wanted to sell and runs inside. She brings out a CIB Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask Collector's Edition with a strategy guide. Her brother pulls out his phone and said he'll look up what it goes for. I said quickly Look I know this game sells for more, it can go for over $50 I can offer $20 for it. and the sister said yes.

Hit a random sale and asked about games, The lady said she had a Sega. She brings out a Sega Genesis (model 2) and a Playstation both like new in their boxes. And she only wanted $10 for the pair.  :)

And last I stopped at a sale and saw a stack of Xbox 360 games, all priced at $8 a piece and where mostly sport and games I didn't need. I asked if they had any older games and the girls there said they will ask their sister. She comes back out with a stack of SNES and N64 games. I quickly look through them and ask a price for it all and was told $15. They had more but I guess this is all her sister would part with.
N64
- Ken Griffey Jr's Slugfest
- Star Wars Shadows of the Empire
- Aero Gauge (a Game I'm missing)
- Goldeneye 007
SNES
- NBA Showdown
- Super Caesars Palace
- Spider-Man/X-Men: Acrade's Revenge
- Wario's Woods
- Taz-Mania
- Jungle Book