Author Topic: Collection Achievements thread  (Read 75059 times)

sin2beta

Re: Collection Achievements thread
« Reply #180 on: April 06, 2013, 12:31:29 am »
And sometimes a garbage game is worth a couple of bucks. Lord knows I have gotten a decent amount of playtime from Night Trap. And I dare someone not to have a hilarious time with Cho Aniki.

To be honest, bad games is one of the reasons I am so excited about collecting for the Sega CD.

However, I do feel sorry for someone going for a complete Wii set. The system has some great games, but man, is there ever some shovelware.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #181 on: April 06, 2013, 12:33:23 am »
Well, to each their own.

I'll never own a complete collection for any console. Because I'm of the mindset of only buying games I'll actually play. I have a few I'll never play that came in lots I bought on eBay or something, but nothing I intentionally bought. Those are the ones I'll trade.

sin2beta

« Reply #182 on: April 06, 2013, 12:52:20 am »
Well, to each their own.

I'll never own a complete collection for any console. Because I'm of the mindset of only buying games I'll actually play. I have a few I'll never play that came in lots I bought on eBay or something, but nothing I intentionally bought. Those are the ones I'll trade.

I think as collectors, we've all gone way past buying only games we will actually play. I have a VERY modest collection on this site. If I played a new game from my collection each day, I would only get to each game once a year for however long I have to play that day (maybe an hour). I have under 300 and will not realistically be able to really play each game I have. An hour a year is not really playing the game in my opinion.

If actually playing every game I own was the case, I would rent and/or trade in games.

scott

« Reply #183 on: April 06, 2013, 10:40:18 am »
Yeah, I have a lot of games and I don't think I've scratched the surface with many of them. And there are even fewer that I've beaten. The worst part is that I play a lot of RPGs, and they are time consuming as hell.

I gave up on going for complete sets and am going to be putting up the Saturn games I don't want on ebay, after I move. There is just so much crap figured in when you go for sets.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

sin2beta

« Reply #184 on: April 06, 2013, 11:20:46 am »
Yeah, I have a lot of games and I don't think I've scratched the surface with many of them. And there are even fewer that I've beaten. The worst part is that I play a lot of RPGs, and they are time consuming as hell.

I gave up on going for complete sets and am going to be putting up the Saturn games I don't want on ebay, after I move. There is just so much crap figured in when you go for sets.

I agree. The Sega16 forum is trying to play and beat every genesis game in 2013 as a forum. Unfortunately, this covers ~180 sports games. That is a little under 25% of the library. That statistic seemed a little unreal, but turns out to be fact. Could not do that complete set.

But I do like going for them on some of the smaller systems without a lot of sports games. These tend to be short lived or niche systems though. The ~30 game systems can be fun and quick. The ~200 game systems are more in my range. However, other factors can come in. The saturn would be tough due to cost and a bunch of sports games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #185 on: April 06, 2013, 12:22:18 pm »
I do have games in my collection that I bought and haven't played. But I do have the intention to play them at some point.

I wouldn't, for example, buy Nights Into Dreams on Saturn. I know it's highly collectible, and a cornerstone to many people for a Saturn collection. But I frankly didn't like the game.

Nonetheless, I still consider myself a collector. Same thing goes for comics. For example, I won't buy Spawn because it's all style and no substance, IMO. But I have a collection of over 4,000 comics. (I think I have read every comic in my collection, though, unlike my game collection).

While I don't have the numbers a lot of you guys have, I do have a pretty modest collection of games, IMO. Definetly more than your average gamer.

scott

« Reply #186 on: April 06, 2013, 01:45:35 pm »
Ya I have a lot of games that I haven't even played. Mostly, the PS2 games I got for that arcade cab, DS games and some GBA games. For the most part, I try to at least play the game the day I get it. But haven't been able to put any time into gaming lately, which saddens me.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #187 on: April 07, 2013, 11:13:44 am »
If you don't like them, then why pay even a penny for them?
For me some of the joy comes from buying and owning the game rather than playing it. I like owning 70 Wii games and the enjoyment that I get from that pays for the game. I figure over my lifetime even if I only get an hour worth of enjoyment from the sole fact of owning the game that I can easily justify the cost at a dollar.

ko1ru

« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2013, 01:37:04 pm »
IMHO: Quality > Quantity  :)

sin2beta

« Reply #189 on: April 07, 2013, 04:18:47 pm »
Forza Horizon made 50 Xbox 360 games.

darko

« Reply #190 on: April 10, 2013, 11:32:51 am »
I broke 1500 items on VGC this week (without adding all of my strategy guides).

I could probably eliminate 200 or so if I really wanted to trim my collection to good stuff only, but you know what buying lots gets you from time to time :/
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 11:35:13 am by darko »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #191 on: April 10, 2013, 12:37:27 pm »
I broke 1500 items on VGC this week (without adding all of my strategy guides).

I could probably eliminate 200 or so if I really wanted to trim my collection to good stuff only, but you know what buying lots gets you from time to time :/

*CONGRATS*!

O, Dark(O)ne :P

I've probably still got ~200 - 400 items to still add...but they're all "Swag"(s), guides, ost's, bonuses, etc...and...I'll have to *really* be in the *right* kind of "mood" before I even tackle getting started on that...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2013, 06:08:21 pm »
After saving change for 5 months and dropping too much for Chip & Dale 2, I can finally say I have all the Disney Games on the Nintendo Entertainment System. It's a small accomplishment, but its a good feeling.

jcalder8

« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2013, 11:30:19 pm »
After saving change for 5 months and dropping too much for Chip & Dale 2, I can finally say I have all the Disney Games on the Nintendo Entertainment System. It's a small accomplishment, but its a good feeling.
Congrats! I love the Chip & Dale games.

brunauss

« Reply #194 on: April 23, 2013, 09:27:01 pm »
Finally uploaded everything I could and still looking at a entry gap of over 100 titles. But I at least went through my library from A-Z and now have 1339 titles entered. I even voided sleep last night to finish the Rs, before plowing through the Ss and the rest today. I even managed to get my half acre lawn mowed as well. That be a small achievement  :)
SWFL Werewolf Gamer