Author Topic: 52 Games Challenge *2016*  (Read 70074 times)

Re: 52 Games Challenge *2016*
« Reply #330 on: August 09, 2016, 05:26:57 pm »
I gotta believe! I finished the PSP version of PaRappa the Rapper. It's such a great game!

There are very few games I have sucked at more than this game. I have never been able to get the rhythm mechanic down, and this is someone who has poured hours into other rhythm games lol

« Reply #331 on: August 09, 2016, 10:00:20 pm »
Now with the "reviews"

1.   Not a Hero (Steam) 7/10, ~6 Hours

A crazy bunny man runs for Mayer of the world and contracts mercenaries to apply his campaign strategy, killing all bad guys. Seems like an act of justice, but is a gore massacre delivered by you, the player.

Its similar to Gunpoint, but with more fast packed action gunfight and an insane level of difficult, at last for these how try 100%.

2.   Gravity Ghost (Steam) 9/10, ~4 Hours

A beautiful tale about family, friendship and death. Control a girl trough the spirit realm and save the day while recovering memories. For that, use your ability to float in low gravity levels and acquire terraforming powers.

3.   Batman (NES) 5/10, ~2 Hours

An action platform featuring batman as a hero in a world that has not to do with him, except for the existence of Joker. In general a pretty easy and fun game, until the last boss. Some levels seems a bit broken as well.

4.   Flame Over (Steam) 7/10, ~9 Hours

An arcade game at the mold of the classic Fireman (SNES), and with some elements from Ignition Force (SNES). Short, difficult, but fun.

5.   One Upon Light (Steam) 4/10, ~1Hour

Puzzle game about light and shadow. You’re a scientist how can’t traverse light due to a mysterious accident. Very poorly design on some levels, and very boring.

6.   Earthbound (SNES) 10/10, ~30 Hours

SNES RPG Classic. Need to say more?

7.   Star Fox Zero (Wii U) 9/10, ~4 Hours

It’s a remake of Star Fox 64... wich was a remake of Star Fox (NES). Basically, Nintendo still don’t know how to create a new game for the franchise at the mold of these old classics, and therefore contracted another company to reset the timeline again.

The result although was an incredibly beautiful and well made game.

8.   Dark Souls (PS3) 9/10,  ~200 Hours

The hardest game on earth…. Kkkkkkkkkkk. Ok, not so much. I actually find it ok on the difficult level. It just take time to learn the enemies pattern and to grind sometimes.

9.   Dark Souls 2 – Scholar of the First Sin (PC) 7/10, ~131 Hours

This one is harder, at last on the DLCs. Not as good as the first one.

10.   ChromaGun (Steam) 9/10, ~4 Hours

Miss Portal? Then try this. Awesome action puzzle with a color gun.

11.   Firewatch (Steam) 8/10, ~4 Hours

The new adventure game from the creator of Gone Home. Beautiful scenery, interesting story and fantastic characters. Still, could be better.

12.   Luftrausers (Steam) 9/10, ~9 Hours

Incredible 2D dogfight game. Hard, but awesome!

13.   Dreaming Sarah (Steam) 9/10, ~2 Hours

Cinematic platform as you never seen before.

14.   Blitz Breaker (Steam) 9/10, ~9 Hours

Very fast-paced 2D action platform with fantastic level design.

15.   Project Neon (Game Jam) 9/10, ~30 Mins

Shoot targets, bounce on arrows. Seems to simple, but the result was an amazing game. Extremely creative.

16.   She Wants Me Dead (Steam) 7/10, ~2 Hours

Super Meat Boy was easy, this is hard.

17.   The Ninja Warriors (SNES) 7/10, ~2 Hours

Single player beat em up with robot ninjas. Short, but fun.

18.   Aladdin (SNES) 9/10, ~2 Hours (Replay)

Just play it, ok.

19.   Mighty No. 9 (Steam) 7/10, ~4 Hours

Sorry reviewers and Megaman fanbase, but this game is good. It’s just not the best one, have a lot of flaws on the last level and had spending close to nothing of the collected money, but still good. 

20.   Titan Souls (Steam) 8/10, ~5 Hours

Shadow of Colossus 2D. Ideal for those how like boss fights.

21.   Neon Drive (Steam) 8/10, ~1Hour

Psychedelic hybrid between race and rhythm game. Lot’s of great music and frenetic gameplay. Love it.

22.   Dropsy (Steam) 8/10, ~6Hours

The sad clown that can’t speak adventure. Good, but I was expecting more. The semi open world and the side missions ware great.

23.  Ghost 1.0 (Steam) 10/10, ~18Hours

A hybrid between Metroidvania and Rogue Like from the creator of Unepic. Very challenging, funny dialogues with nerd references to sci-fi and a fantastic weapon system.

24. Crypt of the NecroDancer (Steam) 8/10, ~15Hours

A very hard Musical Rogue Like. Yep, that’s right. You need to fight dozens of undead and freaking dragons following the song beat.

25. Monster Loves You! (Steam) 6/10, ~1Hour
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 07:27:08 pm by trinisete »

kashell

« Reply #332 on: August 10, 2016, 10:15:43 am »
I gotta believe! I finished the PSP version of PaRappa the Rapper. It's such a great game!

There are very few games I have sucked at more than this game. I have never been able to get the rhythm mechanic down, and this is someone who has poured hours into other rhythm games lol

If you want to get better, you gotta believe!

Jokes aside, it's still a difficult little game. Once you get to the cooking rap, things get really tricky.

kashell

« Reply #333 on: August 10, 2016, 06:28:30 pm »
Add EOE: Eve of Extinction to the list. I just finished this underrated PS2 title.

« Reply #334 on: August 12, 2016, 03:54:16 am »
Been awhile since I could actually add anything to the list as I kinda got sidetracked with other things for abit and wasn't making any progress on stuff I already had to do.

28 - Song of the Deep (PS4) - FINISHED - Finally finished this game and while it's not as good as Ori and I think the ending is pretty weak with a far too big of a "sequel bait" attitude about it, it's still an absolutely charming and enjoyable game.  It's again not as tight as Ori and the Blind Forest, it's pacing is a bit weird, but I didn't hate playing the game at all.  I'd certainly recommend it for the price.

29 - Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Wii U) - PLAYING - I've had this for awhile, but never put it on the list, but I've got like a good 20 hours or so in it I think and it's a generally an enjoyable turn based RPG if you like the whole pop music setting to it.  I'll be getting this finished this month since I want a good enough time between this and Final Fantasy XV.

30 - No Man's Sky (PS4) - ABANDONED - Visually interesting, an ambitious game by a small team, but it's just a shallow experience.  I put maybe 15 to 20 hours into it and I'm just done.  I had very low expectations for this game and it couldn't even reach those for me. I  think as a casual experience, like you just explore a world a day, take it slow, it's at least an alright game, but like as a proper crafting/survival/exploration game, it doesn't have enough going for it to me.  I'm going to just save the money I get back from this to put into something like Dragon Quest Builders coming up in a month or two I think, which I'm sure I'll enjoy much more.

kashell

« Reply #335 on: August 15, 2016, 08:51:19 am »
I have lots of reviews to write. Kirby's Dream Course is finished.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #336 on: August 15, 2016, 10:23:15 am »

What'd you think?  I dig it.  It's a fun one to pick up and play for a few minutes at a time.

kashell

« Reply #337 on: August 15, 2016, 11:20:23 am »

What'd you think?  I dig it.  It's a fun one to pick up and play for a few minutes at a time.

It was hard for me to grasp the controls and mechanics; after that I really started to enjoy it. I can see it being a good time killer when I want to play something different.

shfan

« Reply #338 on: August 15, 2016, 12:20:43 pm »
14) Lost Land Adventure (Arcade)
15) Jurassic Park Arcade (Arcade)

2 Lightgun arcade games I beat with my nephew on a short break we've just returned from, had a blast with these two, looove lightgun games.

« Reply #339 on: August 17, 2016, 01:30:58 pm »
Here's where I stand for the year now:

Cities: Skylines
Super Mario Maker
Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!
Tomb Raider (2013)
Alien: Isolation
Mega Man X2
LEGO Marvel's Avengers
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
Broforce
Halo 3: ODST
Dark Souls
Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows
New Super Mario Bros. U
Max Payne 3
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Imperialism
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Mad Max
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Doom (2016)
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
Shovel Knight
(PS4)
Resident Evil HD
Hitman: Blood Money
Donkey Kong Country
Transformers: Devastation
The Banner Saga
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest

Finally adding Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin to this list.  There is just so much content there, especially when you factor in the DLC.  DS1 is the better game, but this plays so much more smoothly on the PS4 that I found it be an experience almost on par with the first game.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 11:04:55 pm by Cartagia »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #340 on: August 20, 2016, 01:12:47 pm »
I'm only up to 19 games so far this year. (Updating my original post on page 1) Doesn't look like I'll hit 52. But I'm completing a ton of the games I'm playing this year which is a first in a long while!

« Reply #341 on: August 22, 2016, 08:58:50 am »
I don't know where the month has gone, but my ratio is dying.  I don't think I've completed a single game this month.  Just been sitting at 85 for a while.

telly

« Reply #342 on: August 22, 2016, 09:42:06 pm »
Game 24 - Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals (DS) - 27 Hours

Don't let the Disney logo fool you, this is a really solid game, and a hidden gem of the DS library.

+ The game is a collectible RPG, like Pokemon, but with the really interesting mechanic of digging out fossils with the stylus and awakening them with the mic. It's really fun and challenging to try and get the best fossils out of ice, lava and mud. The game has really deep mechanics in battling, evolving and customizing your spectrobes. The game has really impressive graphics for a 3D DS game, and a solid soundtrack as well. Also, (sidenote) Jeena rulez; she is my favorite character in the game, and she's awesome.  :D

- The story is pretty bland in my opinion. It's the same as the first game just with a different skin, and nothing else that's really enticing or interesting, other than the somewhat weak addition of "dark spectrobes". It's also sometimes a gamble when evolving a spectrobe, some really suck when they get to their final form, and you won't know if you wasted your time until you actually evolve them.

Back to my list
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #343 on: August 23, 2016, 05:47:20 pm »
Updated my review page with four reviews, one of which is for a game that has been replayed.

« Reply #344 on: August 23, 2016, 06:11:31 pm »
31 - Empyrion: Galactic Survival (PC) - 11 Hours PLAYING/FINISHED - This is basically No Man's Sky crossed with 7 Days to Die, but better than either game.  It has a pretty solid crafting system along with a pretty deep building system that allows you to make not just your own bases, but create your own hoverships, small space ships, and giant massive cruisers out of blocks.  It's almost like if someone added a ton of depth to the Gummi Ships in Kingdom Hearts and you could build literally anything basically.  I've seen people make functional Star Destroyers and Star Trek ships, and to like scale also, these ships are giant.  It's not a particularly great looker, certainly not on No Man's Sky level, but it's performance is really good, which I say is more important.  It's still got abit of time in early access and will see improvements and changes, but I like it way more than No Man's Sky and it's like 3 times cheaper.