Author Topic: TPX VGCOLLECT R&D LIST  (Read 20439 times)

tripredacus

TPX VGCOLLECT R&D LIST
« on: January 08, 2016, 11:32:23 am »
I will use this topic to track my progress of database work. Feedback welcome.

Currently working on Sega categories.

Completed List
--------------
Dreamcast [EU]
Dreamcast [JP]
Dreamcast [US]
Game Gear [EU]
Game Gear [JP]
Game Gear Accessory (official)
Game Gear Hardware - all region console releases added.
Game Gear [NA]
Game Gear [BR)

In-Progress or requiring confirmation/research

Sega Genesis [NA] Lotus Turbo Challenge
http://vgcollect.com/item/10292
There may exist a version without the Head to Head logo. Need confirmation as to whether that logo is printed on the insert, a label on the insert or a label on the box, before adding the variation to the database.

Game Gear Hardware [JP]
- Game Gear Red edit waiting for approval
http://vgcollect.com/item/23813

Game Gear Hardware [US]
- Game Gear [NA] (14502) has wrong front and back images. Needs to be merged with The Core System (94476) or vice-versa, retaining the box front image already on 94476.
http://vgcollect.com/item/14502
http://vgcollect.com/item/94476

No images for these:
Sega Game Gear Attack Pack
http://vgcollect.com/item/95148
Sega Game Gear Puzzle Pack
http://vgcollect.com/item/95149
Sega Game Gear Rescue Pack
http://vgcollect.com/item/95150

Helpful hint (perhaps a User's Guide can be made for the site at some point) regarding loose consoles. As most know, Consoles were not actually released on their own and came in the box. And there were a lot of different releases that essentially had the same thing in it. Using this example, if you had acquired a Game Gear loose and/or do not know which release it came in, it is safe to choose any that came with that model, or to choose one of the entries where the console came by itself.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:54:07 am by tripredacus »

tripredacus

Re: TPX VGCOLLECT R&D LIST
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 12:11:41 pm »
Majesco Game Gear entry is corrected, removed from first post.

Sega Game Gear Hardware from UK done. All using [EU] suffix which this forum primarily uses for catch-all English language versions of European games.

The 3 "Pack" bundles are documented to exist however I cannot find any images of them. They are added here:
Sega Game Gear Attack Pack
http://vgcollect.com/item/95148
Sega Game Gear Puzzle Pack
http://vgcollect.com/item/95149
Sega Game Gear Rescue Pack
http://vgcollect.com/item/95150
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 12:15:29 pm by tripredacus »

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 11:59:27 am »
Glad you are tackling this. I have been collecting Sega Game Gear for a long time and the site needed some love in this area.

I agree with your loose console thought from post 1. I personally think all loose console entries should be rolled up in to an entry that has the packaging included. There is always an option for someone to choose they only have the loose item instead of all the packaging if they want to keep track. Item/Model number needs to be updated for a lot of these entries and people be able to search for item/model number fairly easily so that it facilitates the ability to properly catalog their items.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 01:38:00 pm »
I just finished all US release Game Gear games. Edits/dupe merging pending.

I wasn't primarily concerned with all the part numbers. I was more concerned getting all the games in there with the correct front art work. P/Ns can be confusing because a lot of the time, there is a different number on the box vs the case.

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 11:52:29 am »
List of categories that need to be added in the future (to finish my current additions list)
- Atari 2600 BR
- ColecoVision AU
- ColecoVision EU
- Sega SG-1000 FR
- Dragon 32
- TRS-80 Color Computer (there are some CoCo games currently in the TRS-80 category that will need to be moved)

Herculean tasks for the future
- split up PC [NA] into 3-4 categories based on media type and move items to their correct categories.

Think about style guide regarding Description field for floppy disk games to indicate how many disks, what type, what color, what version.

Think about the possibility of adding guides to the site or forum to lay out console specific information such as compatibility, variations, regional differences, rating systems, etc in relation to how those consoles and games appear in the database to help ease confusion of adding the wrong item into your collection or adding an item into the DB that already exists.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 11:54:32 am by tripredacus »

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 12:02:36 pm »
No French versions of "Ripley Edition" found. Actual title not known. Same for Italian and Spanish version of "Nostromo Edition."
Spanish Ripley is Edición Ripley
¿Cómo sobrevivirás?
Sin apenas energía ni preparación, deberás buscar recursos, improvisar soluciones y usar tu ingenio tanto para
completar la misión como para sobrevivir.

German Ripley is Ripley-Edition
Italian Ripley is Edizione Ripley
French Nostromo is Édition Nostromo
Comment survivrez-vous?
Sous-armé et insuffisamment préparé, vous devez récupérer des ressources, improviser des solutions et utiliser votre intelligence, non seulement pour réussir votre mission, mais surtout pour rester en vie.
Contenu bonus : incarnez Ellen Ripley, Dallas ou Parker à bord du Nostromo dans "l'équipage peut être sacrifié".

Here is an example of one of my checklists. Releases confirmed and in the db have the x before the name. Ones without are reported to exist, but cannot find proof of them, so are not in the db.

//Alien: Isolation
-----
x360 [NA]
x360 [NA] Nostromo Edition
x360 [EU]
x360 [EU] Nostromo Edition
x360 [EU] Nostromo Edition Steelbook
x360 [NA] CA Nostromo Edition 010086680713
x360 [EU] Ripley Edition
x360 [EU] FR Édition Nostromo
x360 [EU] DE Ripley-Edition 5055277024469
x360 [EU] IT Edizione Ripley
x360 [EU] RU Nostromo Edition
x360 [AU] Nostromo Edition
x360 [AU] Ripley Edition
x360 [EU] ES Edición Ripley
x360 [EU] ES
360 [EU] FR
360 [EU] FR Ripley Edition
360 [EU] DE
360 [EU] DE Nostromo Edition
360 [EU] ES Nostromo Edition
360 [EU] IT
360 [EU] IT Nostromo Edition
360 [AU]
-
xPS3 [NA]
xPS3 [NA] Nostromo Edition
xPS3 [EU] Nostromo Edition
xPS3 [EU] Ripley Edition
xPS3 [EU] Nostromo Edition Steelbook
xPS3 [EU] FR Édition Nostromo
xPS3 [EU] DE Ripley-Edition
xPS3 [EU] ES Edición Ripley BLES-01697 5055277024384
xPS3 [EU] IT Edizione Ripley
xPS3 [EU] RU Nostromo Edition
xPS3 [EU] BLES-01697 5055277024827
xPS3 [EU] ES
xPS3 [NA] CA Nostromo Edition
xPS3 [AU] Nostromo Edition
PS3 [EU] FR
PS3 [EU] FR Ripley Edition
PS3 [EU] DE
PS3 [EU] DE Nostromo Edition
PS3 [EU] ES Nostromo Edition
PS3 [EU] IT
PS3 [EU] IT Nostromo Edition
PS3 [NA] Ripley Edition
PS3 [AU]
PS3 [AU] Ripley Edition
-//
xXbox One [EU]
xXbox One [EU] Nostromo Edition
xXbox One [EU] Nostromo Edition Steelbook
xXbox One [NA]
xXbox One [NA] Nostromo Edition
xXbox One [NA] CA Nostromo Edition
xXbox One [EU] alt
xXbox One [EU] Ripley Edition
xXbox One [EU] FR
xXbox One [EU] FR Édition Nostromo
xXbox One [EU] Promotional Copy
xXbox One [EU] DE Nostromo Edition
xXbox One [EU] DE Ripley-Edition
xXbox One [EU] ES Edición Ripley
xXbox One [EU] IT Edizione Ripley
xXbox One [AU] Nostromo Edition
xXbox One [JP]
Xbox One [NA] Ripley Edition
Xbox One [EU] FR Ripley Edition
Xbox One [EU] DE
Xbox One [EU] ES
Xbox One [EU] ES Nostromo Edition
Xbox One [AU]
Xbox One [AU] Ripley Edition
-
xPS4 [NA]
xPS4 [NA] Nostromo Edition
xPS4 [EU] 5055277023776 INL-C00362-UK
xPS4 [EU] Nostromo Edition
xPS4 [EU] DE Ripley Edition
xPS4 [EU] Nostromo Edition Steelbook
xPS4 [EU] Ripley Edition
xPS4 [EU] FR Édition Nostromo
xPS4 [EU] ES Edición Ripley
xPS4 [AU] Nostromo Edition
xPS4 [AU] Ripley Edition
xPS4 [EU] Promo Only
xPS4 [EU] RU Nostromo Edition
xPS4 [JP]
xPS4 [CN] Nostromo Edition
xPS4 [EU] IT Edizione Ripley 5055277024599
PS4 [NA] Ripley Edition
PS4 [EU] FR
PS4 [EU] FR Ripley Edition
PS4 [EU] DE
PS4 [EU] DE Nostromo Edition
PS4 [EU] ES
PS4 [EU] ES Nostromo Edition
PS4 [EU] IT Nostomo Edition
PS4 [AU]
-
xPC [EU] Nostromo Edition Steelbook
xPC [EU] Nostromo Edition
xPC [EU] Ripley Edition
xPC [EU] FR Édition Nostromo
xPC [EU] DE Ripley-Edition
xPC [EU] ES Edición Ripley
xPC [EU] IT Edizione Ripley
xPC [AU] Nostromo Edition
xPC [EU] RU Nostromo Edition
PC [EU]
PC [EU] FR
PC [EU] FR Ripley Edition
PC [EU] DE
PC [EU] DE Nostromo Edition
PC [EU] ES
PC [EU] ES Nostromo Edition
PC [AU]
PC [AU] Ripley Edition
-
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 11:43:54 am by tripredacus »

telly

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 10:54:36 pm »
I apologize if this is the wrong thread to ask this, but are non-admins allow to set up a thread like this as well? I was just wondering. :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

pacpix

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 11:18:09 pm »
I don't think that would be a problem at all. Go ahead and make a thread if you want to :)
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

tripredacus

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 10:19:18 am »
I apologize if this is the wrong thread to ask this, but are non-admins allow to set up a thread like this as well? I was just wondering. :)

I wasn't an admin when I made this thread. ;)

EDIT: We can try our best to figure out how to name things. But sometimes it is extremely difficult:
http://vgcollect.com/item/106541
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 12:03:43 pm by tripredacus »

tripredacus

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 12:43:56 pm »
I can find about 48 Sega Genesis boxed consoles released in US and Canada, not counting Genesis 3 (there are 2) but only 7 (8) are in the database. Hold onto your hats!

Currently need proof of this:
- Sega Genesis - Genesis Sonic System (w/Sonic, Taz in Escape From Mars)
Also there is apparently a Mexican system?
I already changed the Altered Beast bundle to represent the HD Graphics, TMSS system. Will add an additional Altered Beast for non-TMSS systems. Non-TMSS Model 1 isn't even in the db yet. Also will add Genesis 3, two controller Core system version.

Please do not add or edit any Sega Genesis items in the Hardware category until I'm done.
EDIT: updated "proof" list.
Current count, 54 boxed Genesis consoles in US and Canada.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 11:54:56 am by tripredacus »

tripredacus

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 11:57:25 am »
I am starting to work on the PS2 Hardware section. x_x

tripredacus

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 02:29:18 pm »
Research is a big deal. There doesn't seem to be any good list of retail releases for non-Japanese consoles. So this will take some time. I plan to do Japanese consoles last because of the sheer amount of releases. I will probably hold off on adding systems that won't have images to start.

Setting naming of these systems, as with anything else, the main item name will be based upon what is on the retail packaging. Fan names will be put into Alt-Name field. Also consider that the model number on the console is not exactly the same as what is on the box. I am considering to put the console's item number in alt-name instead of the box number. Also, terms like fat, slim or slimline will only be used in the alt-name because these are not used on the box.

Examples:
Fat PS2: Sony PlayStation 2 SCPH-30001 (Black) [NA]
Alt: Sony PlayStation 2 Fat PS2 SCPH-30001 Black

Slim PS2: Sony PlayStation 2 - Charcoal Black SCPH-77001 CB [NA]
Alt: Sony PlayStation 2 Slim PS2 SCPH-77001 CB

There are some instances where the color is printed on the box. Notable special edition versions like Pink or Satin Silver will have this notation. Most slims will say "Charcoal Black" but there are some cases where only the item number (CB) indicated this color. Example, the yellow box versions that use the "two" name, in a triangle in the corner that is black. Those would not have Charcoal Black in the item name, but it can be put into the alt-name. Any case of a title requiring a color, it should be put like this:

Sony PlayStation 2 SCPH-30003 (Black) [UK]

But if there is no other version besides black for that number, where there is no other identifying method on the box, then it is not needed. It is an early example, I am not sure if it is needed. Oh, an example of the item number difference, in case of color codes like SS, CB, etc, they are on the box but the console itself does not use the letter suffix.

After all this is done, there should only be retail releases in the Hardware section, with exception to any demo units, PS2 test, Debug systems or the like.

Would definately like to hear some feedback on this.

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 11:37:37 am »
I am starting to work on the PS2 Hardware section. x_x
Good Luck!

telly

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 08:39:16 pm »
I don't know if you have seen this, but there's consolevariations.com, which at least can provide a start on what's out there for PS2.

Best of luck though, man. I might work on a different console section, maybe GameCube or N64 since they're a little more manageable  :o
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tripredacus

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 11:10:40 am »
I cannot find any good list with the information we require for this site. Having just a big list of consoles is not how it is. I'm still in information gathering mode, it may take awhile.

For my process (if it helps anyone), I first make a list of all the retail release items in the VGC category. I leave out developer consoles and non-retail stuff until later. Then merge dupes if any. I think there were only 3 dupes in PS2 hardware section. Then my task is to find a good list of releases (here is where I have the problem) and I only found a list for Japanese releases. Every other site that has info on PS2 is down to models only, or colors only, and mixes up all the regional releases today, PAL/NTSC, all. So it seems to me (so far and I've asked on Assembler if anyone knows to post help there) there is no good list for consoles outside of Japan. RFGeneration is probably the best I have seen but it is really incomplete.

The next step is to then determine what the naming should be, now that I have a good understanding of the different releases. Next I go to number the systems. This number is in my notes and will match the front/back images I keep in my personal archive. If an entry already has a good front/back image on VGC already, it is marked. But most will not and will use the console as its front image. I will find the stock photo images for cart_image later.

Then the other step is to be looking on websites that sell items. This means Ebay, Yahoo Auctions Japan, PriceMinister, Mercadolivre, etc. For an example of my notes, here is what I have down for Australia releases. Items with ? mean I can't find a picture. There are no AU releases in the db right now, so none of these have VGC links on them.

--- AU (2)
065 Sony PlayStation 2 - Hot Pack "Slim" (SCPH-70002 CB) 711719626664
066 Sony PlayStation 2 "Fat" Black SCPH-30002 (std front)
067 -b- Sony PlayStation 2 "Fat" Black SCPH-30002 R (std front)
074 fb- Sony PlayStation 2 - Charcoal Black SCPH-90002 CB 711719496755
075 --- Sony PlayStation 2 (Black) "Fat" SCPH-50002
076 fb- Sony PlayStation 2 two - Pink Starter Pack SCPH-77002 PK
077 -b- Sony PlayStation 2 (black) SCPH-39002
078 fb- Sony PlayStation 2 two SCPH-77002 CB
079 fb- Sony PlayStation 2 two Satin Silver SCPH-77002 SS
080 f-- Sony PlayStation 2 - Satin Silver SCPH-50002 ESS 711719615149
081 fb- Sony PlayStation 2 - Silver Prestige Line Satin Silver SCPH-50002 SS
082 fb- Sony PlayStation 2 two Satin Silver SCPH-70002 SS 711719685845
083 fb- Sony PlayStation 2 two "Charcoal Black" SCPH-70002 CB
084 Sony PlayStation 2 two - Hot Pack "Slim" SCPH-75002 CB (+Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal - Platinum)
085 -b- Sony PlayStation 2 two SCPH-79002 CB 711719615491
? Sony PlayStation 2 - Silver Prestige Line/Satin Silver http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252671750517
? Sony PlayStation 2 - Gran Turismo 3
? Sony PlayStation 2 - Metal Gear Solid 2
? Sony PlayStation 2 - Gran Turismo 4
? Sony PlayStation 2 - Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
? Sony PlayStation 2 - SingStar Wiggles
? Sony PlayStation 2 - Buzz! Brain of Oz