Author Topic: Batman v Superman is Looking Bad  (Read 6158 times)

gf78

Re: Batman v Superman is Looking Bad
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2016, 02:21:38 pm »
If you can find a comic with that Captain America image, I will concede...but you won't.

Again, I didn't say it was necessarily in a comic book per se.  It saw print in some fashion because I held it in my hand.  Whether that was a pin-up art piece, a promotional image for Heroes Reborn in a catalog or whatever, it was printed on really-real paper in that time period.  I can't look it up here at work, but I will provide the proof when I can get on unrestricted internet. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2016, 02:26:32 pm »
Maybe in an issue of Wizard Magazine or something similar where they got a hold of it? Not in a Marvel Comic.

And it was made for Heroes Reborn, and wasn't printed in the comic because it was a bad piece.

gf78

« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2016, 02:27:07 pm »
Seriously? In the 90s? The only one using big guns and pouches?

...do you even 90s, dude?

Well of course pouches were the "in" thing in the 90's.  But did any single character not under the Liefeld umbrella have a tenth as many pouches as Liefeld works?
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2016, 02:29:28 pm »
^ Like the entire early 90s team of X-Men. All kinds of yellow belts and pouches in places where belts really don't belong.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2016, 02:34:28 pm »
Funnily enough, someone on my comic group on Facebook just posted this forgotten about costume of Polaris's (from X-Factor) that fits right into that theme:

Flashback2012

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2016, 04:38:36 am »
Funnily enough, someone on my comic group on Facebook just posted this forgotten about costume of Polaris's (from X-Factor) that fits right into that theme:

Is that Mike Deodato Jr. artwork?  I don't quite understand why Polaris is standing on her tipsy-toes. :P

That's a pretty tawdry looking costume overall. Then again, Polaris has never had the best of luck in the costume department.  :-\
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 04:48:29 am by Flashback2012 »