Author Topic: Free Kid Icarus AR cards!  (Read 9728 times)

soera

Re: Free Kid Icarus AR cards!
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 11:23:27 pm »
oh ffs, I have a subscription to that ... guess I need to actually look at the shit Im putting on my shelf, lmao.

scott

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 11:38:12 pm »
ya... I need to read it too. But I don't think I've cracked one open since... 6 months ago?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 12:39:00 am »
I'm not sure if the mag is even available in Canada for subscription but I doubt that I would read it if I got it.... of course now that I know it has a card I want it lol ;D

desocietas

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 02:42:03 am »
I'm not sure if the mag is even available in Canada for subscription but I doubt that I would read it if I got it.... of course now that I know it has a card I want it lol ;D

Hm, that's a good question.  If you find you can't get a copy, I can check with my local shop to see what's the deal with their loose issues.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 08:58:35 am »
I'm pretty sure you can buy loose copies from the store.

soera

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 11:59:19 am »
What exactly are the cards for? Its not for the general play of the game Im hoping cause if it is, Im going to reconsider buying it. I really dont enjoy too much of those. I have a hyper scan with the Xmen game and about 20 of those packs. Its just a pain!

jobocan

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 12:17:51 pm »
What exactly are the cards for? Its not for the general play of the game Im hoping cause if it is, Im going to reconsider buying it. I really dont enjoy too much of those. I have a hyper scan with the Xmen game and about 20 of those packs. Its just a pain!

It's not for the main game or the online, it seems to be some sort of side-game that uses the cards (as far as I've heard... I try to keep away from information about games I'm hyped for as much as I can, it's just better that way IMO).

soera

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 01:11:52 pm »
Well, good. So its not something I must have. I have checked ebay already for some of those cards and the prices people are asking are insane. I will have the free one from the magazine, the free ones from club nintendo and whatever comes with the game and that will be enough for moi.

I used to play Everquest for years ... they eventually implemented a side card game which got really expensive. I really dont like that aspect of gaming.

jcalder8

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 01:17:53 pm »
@soera, whatever you do don't buy a Skylander!

amauriel

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2012, 02:03:05 pm »
@jcalder8: Doesn't matter of @soera gets Skylanders or not, there's no chance of finding the figures in stores (at least around me) right now anyway. Haven't actually seen one on the shelf in probably a month, and I check every place I enter and make special trips on top of it...no figures means no money spent, and Activision isn't doing much to help at the moment with demand anyway.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

scott

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2012, 02:26:16 pm »
I've heard Skylanders is pretty good, but I refuse to get into it. There's too many figures and I'd be on a crazy manhunt for them all. Bad enough I spend so much time farming Pokemon.

soera

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2012, 02:34:18 pm »
You had to mention Skylanders ... every day when my 3yo wakes up, thats what he tells me he wants. Skylanders ... ugh. I almost broke down and picked up a set on craigslist that had the full game and 6 figures for $35 but lord knows the moment that happens, hes going to want every character.

amauriel

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2012, 04:32:16 pm »
Yup yup. I wanted it when it came out, my husband knows of my addictive personality toward such things and refused.

Then he went to his sister's house, and my nephew wanted to show him the new game he got...Skylanders.  As soon as Kaos talked and my husband recognized it as the voice of Invader Zim (Richard Steven Horvitz), he caved. I'm sure he's regretting it now... ;)

The worst thing about Skylanders (besides not being able to find any of them) is that they are releasing the figures in waves. So even though the game came out back in October, there are still quite a few figures not available. Then they haven't announced any solid release dates for the new waves. It's pretty much one huge cluster, if ya know what I mean.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jcalder8

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2012, 08:25:40 pm »
@amauriel, I know what you mean. I only found out that they had released the next wave when they showed up on kijiji for double the price

scott

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2012, 04:36:56 pm »
Aww my copy didn't have it in it. I think someone snagged it.  :'(